How many firearms do you own?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

How many firearms do you have in your name?

NONE
7%
Only own airguns, NO firearms
22%
22%
17%
13%
4 (including the .22 rifle entitled to Rifle club members)
4%
More than 4
3%
I own guns OUTSIDE INDIA
13%

Total votes: 183

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

How many firearms do you own?

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Since arms licensing is so restrictive in India and consequently many of our countrymen are unable to translate their interest in/ enthusiasm for guns/ shooting into gun ownership, I thought we'd take a poll here and see how many of our members own guns in India - and how many each...

Please only select the appropriate number of firearms that you have entered on YOUR OWN arms license, in many cases this may not be representative of the total no. of firearms you have at home; but I believe it will allow for a clearer picture to emerge; as I have been hearing that in many jurisdictions (including Delhi), the licensing authorities are being less than forthcoming even in issuing the 3 arms licenses that any average citizen is entitled to by law.

Please DO NOT include any guns that you may own OUTSIDE of India in this poll.

Have added an option for people who only own airguns, as I expect there will be quite a few of those...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:44 am

I have two at the moment - a 12 bore shotgun and a .22lr rifle. Have applied for an additional rifle licence.

cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:58 am

i have two now-a dbbl 12bore and .22 rifle.have applied for a revolver
cherian.k.k

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:50 am

At present I have a DBBL 12 Bore, a .22 Revolver anda .177 Air gun.
Regards
Happy.

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: How many firearms do you own?

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Oh, I clicked on none, as I have no fire arms. But own 4 airguns and one air pistol

Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:29 pm

I just selected 1 for my pistol; I own a Walther CP-88 CO2 air pistol too.

In addition to my pistol I'm contemplating whether to get a .22 rifle or double barrel or not. Since I live in mad mad Mumbai there is no chance of using/practicing long arms in the city. I do get out to Lonavla and Pune once every 2 months but there is no place to fire them there.

Where do most of you long arm guys use/practice? Is this mostly in semi urban/rural areas and farms, etc.? Is getting a long arm worth the cost?

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

Lever Action
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lever Action » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:49 pm

I own a .32 revolver and a 44.40 bore rifle and have applied for 12 bore pump action gun.

Regards
Lever Action

praveenkalyanmath
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by praveenkalyanmath » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Dear Freinds & Gurus,

I own .22 lr IOF make.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:49 pm

have around 16 fire arms in my house,,,but my personal are : .28 bore DBBL, .30-06 Parker hales rifle, .32 P. Barreta pistol,styers LP 10 air pistol,Crossman air pistol,IHP Air pistol, Webley & Scott Air Pistol,BSA Air rifle (under lever .22) Hammerli .177 Air rifle Co2(2Pcs)IHP .177 air rifle.

Thats it.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:00 pm

badshah0522";p="35734 wrote: have around 16 fire arms in my house,,,but my personal are : .28 bore DBBL, .30-06 Parker hales rifle, .32 P. Barreta pistol,styers LP 10 air pistol,Crossman air pistol,IHP Air pistol, Webley & Scott Air Pistol,BSA Air rifle (under lever .22) Hammerli .177 Air rifle Co2(2Pcs)IHP .177 air rifle.

Thats it.
Badshah - I hope you have not included the airguns in your answer to the poll above? I was trying to get a clearer picture of how many arms licenses per member is the average here...

BTW - we have THREE people (above) who have claimed to have more than 4 firearms... since the only way one can have more than 4 arms licenses is by being a "renown shot", either all 3 are "renown shots" or they have chosen the incorrect option...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:10 pm

I Polled for 3 fire arms only..
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

BIPIN
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BIPIN » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi, I owmn three firearms.A 12 bore dbbl,a .22 rifle and a hammerli 208 pistol.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:31 pm

badshah0522";p="35737 wrote:I Polled for 3 fire arms only..
Cool... Just asked to be sure :) BTW - did you notice that over 20% of our members do not own firearms? Of course this is a small sample size and I expect that this figure would be much higher if more people answered the poll... especially many of our IFG "lurkers" who never seem to post...

What would be even more interesting to know, is how many of that 20% have ever applied for a firearm license and what % had their applications rejected... will start a separate poll on that later...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:37 pm

mundaire";p="35739 wrote:
badshah0522";p="35737 wrote:I Polled for 3 fire arms only..
What would be even more interesting to know, is how many of that 20% have ever applied for a firearm license and what % had their applications rejected... will start a separate poll on that later...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
It is a great Idea,,and members can also write their bad experiences why their application was rejected.We can suggest them for future to obtain a Licence easily.

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:59 pm

I own a 12 bore SXS W & S shotgun a .22 IHP rifle a .32 Beretta pistol a .22 IHP air rifle a .177 air rifle
Regards
Vikas