another babugiri idea

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

another babugiri idea

Post by indian » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Read an article today in deccan chronicle..the commisioner of hyderabad mr.balwinder singh issued a notice that firearms holders above 65 years of age will have their licenses cancelled and they can be transferred to their kids.he says that there is a chance of somebody stealing the guns from them :roll: :roll: whats happening when naxals attack police stations and sweep away the whole armoury :x they r definitely not above 65 :) :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: another babugiri idea

Post by penpusher » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:59 pm

I would expect some one that senior to know that what he is proposing is completely illegal and will not stand up to judicial scrutiny. :evil:

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:31 pm

i pray god that what u expect comes true :) i know many a law abiding relatives in india above that age....they simply love their firearms and they cant bear to simply watch someone ripping them off with a silly excuse.

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Babus in India do really come out with some obnoxious ideas.Another way of free fund arms collection for themselves.
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:05 pm

This has very limited chance of getting through.There would be lots of retired former Babus/judges and also politicians(they never retire :lol: ) who would ensure that this is shot down.As far as Mr.Balwinder Singh is concerned,I hope he is sent off with a flea in his ear :lol:

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:54 pm

How do these farts pass training?

With such stupid piddle running the country, what next?

One can safely assume the gentleman has no interest in owning a personal arm or perhaps if he does, he'll sedately allow his license to be canceled.

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:18 pm

Pardon my language, but only a f*****g moron could think of something like that.

I am disgusted when I hear stories like these, not because there are people in this world who think like that, but because those people are put in positions allowing them to make the law.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:34 pm

The policia mindset to the fore.Having to deal with the worst sections of the society on a daily basis,most of them view everybody with suspicion.There seems to be more harassment of license holders in places where the licensing authority is the Police Commissioner than in places where this function is performed by the District Magistrate.Also these are the places where these sort of hair brained ideas seem to originate on a more regular basis.Mack The Knife was talking of a plan to limit the validity of the arms license to the street in which the license holder lives, in Bangalore.

India is not in danger of becoming a police state.It is already a police state thanks to the gradual handing over of power to the police ,hither to exercised by the Executive Magistracy ,by a political establishment that has used the police as a convenient tool to deal with their opponents.

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:45 am

hi everybody :) just read andhra news.hyderabad police commisioner balwinder singh met the CM and informed his deccision to quit as city police chief as he has some issues to attend at his home place punjab.the place will be replaced immediatly as mr.singh wont be coming back for 3 months.......hope his successor dosent take up this issue :D

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:01 am

penpusher";p="34952 wrote:Mack The Knife was talking of a plan to limit the validity of the arms license to the street in which the license holder lives, in Bangalore.
Not street but the area / postcode one stays in. Fortunately, nothing came of this silly idea.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 am

I hope a stint in Punjab, where he would have to, more or less, operate like a commoner,would cure him of his 'bright' ideas.Punjabi's are not as obsequious as people in some parts of the country :lol:

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:40 am

penpusher";p="34969 wrote:.......Punjabi's are not as obsequious as people in some parts of the country :lol:
so are the maharashtrians :)
sanjiv
nb-a reason why the 45 is still not a pb in mumbai :wink:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Biking,

You would be surprised what can be NP/B if you know the right people .Not only .45ACP pistols but also .30carbines,semi-auto rifles/shotguns,9mm pistols,.455 revolvers and full auto pistols.How does a .32ACP Skorpion pistol entered as a NP.32 pistol sound?However this is completely illegal.I would not be surprised if one day the MOH wakes up to what is going on on Mumbai and orders a probe .

I will say it again .45ACP is a category 1(c) firearm for which a license can only be issued by the Ministry of Home,Govt. of India.Not by any Police Commissioner on the basis of a letter issued by the DG,Quality control ,ignoring a clarification by the MOH,GOI.

I have seen what happened in Ferozepur.There is a similar inquiry going on in J&K with the result that even NPB licenses are not being issued.Those that are ,are being issued only to Army people posted in J&K and that too by the state MOH.It is always better to walk the straight and narrow path.

When officers ,who are supposed to enforce the law, flout it,it is the ordinary people who suffer.Just look at how difficult it has become to get a prohibited firearm license,which at one time was issued by the local licensing authority.