More gun control in canada.

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
NAHMINT284
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

More gun control in canada.

Post by NAHMINT284 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Good day to all,
well, because of a few recent shooting/murderss by criminal gangs,. 2 major cities in eastern Canada, TORONTO and MONTREAL, are asking the prime minister of Canada to immediately ban all handguns and semi automatic rifles.....................
As our 2 countries are and have always been connected, our governments certainly are in constant contact with each other over firearms laws...
they seem to come up with laws that only hurt honest people.......the criminals do not care about laws or rules......
I believe the government is very slow to issue firearms licences and the paper work associated with handguns just to discourage people from enjoying their chosen sport........if I was a young person,just getting started with firearms, I might consider ''collecting stamps'' or ''painting''.
it would be much easier than waiting many months for a handgun transfer.......

I suppose I should be thankfull that I can go to a gun store and buy all the shotguns and rifles I could afford to buy with almost no paper work.....
just show my licence and away I go........
NAHMINT 284

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: More gun control in canada.

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:16 am

Greetings NAHMINT!

As you must be aware, a complete ban on handguns and assault rifles is in the works for Canada. The man in charge is Bill Blair, Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction. This is terrible news, as the first target will be legal, law-abiding gun owners in Canada (numbering some 2.2 million).

Reducing Violent Crime: A Dialogue on Handguns and Assault Weapons - Engagement Paper

Excerpt from the site: The Government of Canada has committed to getting handguns and assault rifles off our streets. In support of this, the Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction was charged with developing additional policy, regulations or legislation that could reduce crime involving the use of firearms and keep Canadians safe. In particular, Minister Blair was tasked with leading the examination of a ban on handguns and assault weapons, while not impeding the lawful use of firearms by Canadians. The Prime Minister has publicly committed to examining all options relating to a handgun ban.

Who doesn’t remember the notorious federal gun registry?

Introduced by the Chretien government in the mid-1990s, it was supposed to cost just $2 million dollars – but by the time it was dismantled by the Harper government in 2012 it had become a boondoggle that cost taxpayers well over $2 billion.

Fast forward to today, and the Trudeau government is once again looking at potential changes to Canada’s gun laws.

Ottawa set up online consultations open until November 10th that anyone (from anywhere, any country) can participate in to give feedback. If you have opinions or concerns you’d like to share about possible changes to Canada’s gun laws, you can do so by clicking on this link:

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/cnsl ... ex-en.aspx

Online engagement on Reducing violent crime: A dialogue on handguns and assault weapons.

Government surveys can be frustrating, but take the opportunity to tell the government what you think - it'll only take a minute. When politicians get enough feedback, they have no choice but to listen or risk paying a heavy price at the ballot box.

Pro-gun organizations are fighting back - see Video from CCFR on YouTube

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!