License being delayed purposely

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Lovepreetsandhu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

License being delayed purposely

Post by Lovepreetsandhu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:16 pm

I am aged age 20 belong from Rajasthan, I am an aspiring shooter and a member of National Rifle Association of Indian since 2015. I had applied for my arms licence under the category of taget sports completing all my documents regarding my membership with the Association , various qualifications certificate from Himachal State Rifle Association.
It has been more then 2 month the clerk hasn’t send my file for police verification So I had reported this to the SDM Sub Divisional Magistrate but he was rude with me and didn’t listen to my cause.
Later I meet the DM District Magistrate he called the clerk and asksd him to take action for my file. The next day the clerk refused to send my file stating you meet the DM get your work done from the DM.
What action shall I take in such a matter. Seeking for some help.
Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rover solomon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: License being delayed purposely

Post by Rover solomon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Send reminders through register post

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Find a way to make him regret what he said, next time ask him again with some kind of secret video recorder, and then show the clip to DM. After your works done upload it to youtube.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
You own Gun
That doesn't mean you have to use it.
Maybe :stupid: Think Bright.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:28 am

Registered post is one way to deal with too as Rovor says, but may not be the effective way.

One way is to file an RTI, it might take a month to get reply and get the work moving. at the least you can have it as proof to fight from judiciary point.

Try getting another appointment with the DM to discuss what the delay is for, instead of approaching the clerk. DM is the final authority to sign your AL, DM has to oblige time line (which most dont).

Good luck.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

nikhilshri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nikhilshri » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am

Dear Love preet,
Greetings of the day

First I want to know you reside in which city of Rajasthan reason being as per the central ministry orders government stopped to issue arms license in few districts in Rajasthan so please provide information so I will try to help you.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Shrivastava
Certified Firearms expert.

Lovepreetsandhu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lovepreetsandhu » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:08 am

Dear Nikhil Shrivastava
I reside in Hanuamgarh district of Rajasthan. I meet the DM again and lucky my file has been send for verification, but I got to know from people that due to arm licence scams in the past in Hanuamgarh, making a licences is difficult in my district due to the scams in past. Lets hope for the best.
Regards

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Lovepreetsandhu wrote:What action shall I take in such a matter. Seeking for some help.Regards
1. Patience is the key. Do not get into any kind of ego clash with anybody.

2. You have submitted the application to district magistrate. Your point of contact is district magistrate. What some clerk does or does not do in his office, it is not your problem. It is the problem of district magistrate. You do not have to chase clerks or run here and there.

3. Since the district magistrate is co-operative, co-operate with him, give him the time he desires.

4. If everything fails or there is unreasonable delay, you may have to contact a lawyer dealing in civil writ related matters in High Court. You may show him this click here He will understand what needs to be done.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nikhilshri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nikhilshri » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:57 am

Dear Lovepreet,

As far as I know due to fake arms license scam government passed orders in march 2018 to stop new arms license in some cities in Jaipur like ( jodhpur,Ajmer,pali,hanumangarh ganganagar, abhohar,didwana, nagaur,and some other cities or government give license in other situation like applicant have serious life threat or actual protection of wild animals but in case of self protection or for sports reason being there are so many cases caught in abhoher and ganganagar cities where youth applied arms license basis on sports and got NPB ( NON prohibited bore) weapons and involve in other activities, so I Request you to take a reference or recommendation letter from range in-charge or association secretary if you know them well , in case police denied to give you license you can ask the reason through RTI , but as you told they process you file for verification so lets wait for some time because maximum tat of verification is 90 days , one more thing I want to suggest you get in touch with 2-3 persons in local police station they will help you.

Rest any advice you required please feel free to ask me.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Shrivastava
Certified Firearms Expert

Lovepreetsandhu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lovepreetsandhu » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 pm

Dear Nikhil
Thank you for the above information. Your advice is well taken and being implemented. A reference letter is also attached with my file. Now just waiting for the process to go with the flow.
Regards
Lovepreet

nikhilshri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nikhilshri » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Dear Lovepreet,

forget to tell you one more thing your age is 20 its comes under minor category so you have to wait till age of 21 years , after that you will get the license , in terms of age , you will not get the license at age of 20 years so try next year.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Shrivastava

Lovepreetsandhu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lovepreetsandhu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:38 pm

Dear Nikhil
There is a clause under the Arms act which allows aspiring shooters below the age of 21 to obtain a licence under the sports category.
Licence for training and target practice.─ (1) Any person below the age of twenty-one years but not below the age of twelve years may be allowed to use permissible category of arms for the purposes of training in the use of such arms in the immediate presence, or, under the direct supervision and guidance, of an adult instructor or the licensee:
Provided that no person below the age of twenty-one years shall be allowed, to carry any permissible category of arms requiring a licence in a public place except in the immediate presence and supervision of the person who is lawfully authorised to carry such arms by the licensee.
(2) Any person who applies for a licence to possess permissible category of arms in Form III in order to practice sport shooting shall be required to show evidence that he participates in such activities or that he is in a structured learning process.

nikhilshri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nikhilshri » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Dear Lovepreet ,

I Same as confirmed with one of my friend who is working with JDA shooting range Jagatpura Jaipur as a range in-charge, he told me about the process and said recently norms got changed I suggest you to please confirm once again with your local shooting range in-charge.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Shrivastava