WHY DO I NEED A GUN LICENCE?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
pkaran
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

WHY DO I NEED A GUN LICENCE?

Post by pkaran » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:13 pm

This ridiculous question is being thrown at every applicant by the Licensing Authorities which is nothing but an insult to injury. Their sole intent is to reject your application. Therefore, every genuine applicant must be prepared to face this question confidently. I hope the following point of view should add some punch:

Owning an arms licence has become a dire necessity these days even to stay indoors as well as to sleep peacefully, without fret or fear by any law-abiding citizen of this country.

Being an emotionally mature person, I take no fancy for a gun. Let alone flaunting one as a ‘status symbol’. Owning a gun more than multiplies the owner’s responsibilities. And the least I anticipate is the use of it. Notwithstanding, I should never be faced with a situation where I desperately cried I had a gun! It is like installing a Lightning Arrestor atop my house. The building may never be hit by a powerful lightning, but in the unlikely eventuality, I should be prepared to avert the worst, if the said building is anything worth its standing.

In view of the ever increasing rate of crimes in our society, it is the right time to redefine Personal Security. Security is the state of being free from danger or threat that is attained through a series of measures such as building a compound wall, strong doors & windows, safe lockers, a CCTV system and of course a strong defensive mechanism such as a gun. A gun assumes importance given the fact that there is essentially the element of surprise in every attack.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: WHY DO I NEED A GUN LICENCE?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:28 pm

pkaran wrote:This ridiculous question is being thrown at every applicant by the Licensing Authorities which is nothing but an insult to injury.
Probably I have discussed your question in another post click here As per my limited understanding, requirement of licensing is ab inito void.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992