Page 1 of 1

Age limit for arms training

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:50 pm
by archie_b
Hi!
I am 19. I am aware that I cannot apply for procurement of arms license before 21, but am I eligible to take a civilian arms training course? If yes, will/can it increase my chances of obtaining an arms license after I become eligible for one and does it have any other perks? Also, I am a resident of West Bengal but study in Bangalore, Karnataka; can I take up the course there? if yes, please suggest places.
thanks in advance. :)

Re: Age limit for arms training

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 am
by Prabhath
archie_b,

You very much are eligible to take up the CRTC course. You can become a member of KSRA. Look up the website for details. Membership or completion of the CRTC course in no way guarantees an arms license. CRTC however has been made mandatory for obtaining an arms license in Karnataka. All the best.

Re: Age limit for arms training

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:19 am
by archie_b
Prabhath wrote:archie_b,

You very much are eligible to take up the CRTC course. You can become a member of KSRA. Look up the website for details. Membership or completion of the CRTC course in no way guarantees an arms license. CRTC however has been made mandatory for obtaining an arms license in Karnataka. All the best.
Thank you so much! But the CRTC (read more) page in ksra.in is down. Could you please let me know some details or some other source?
Thank youImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Age limit for arms training

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am
by ankur_ank007
As per Arms Act of India, you take undergo training to handle firearms under the supervision of a person to hold, own & carry a weapon at attaining the age of 12. Hence you can take a basic training under an individual also if he holds a valid arms license. Also, Arms Act of India does not prescribe any procedure for certification of such training. For documentation purposes, you can undergo training under your state's rifle association or civil defence (if they have a provision).

Re: Age limit for arms training

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 pm
by NAHMINT284
As a boy of 10, I had a single shot .22 rifle and at 12 years of age,i had a single shot 12 guage shotgun.......we lived in the country........no electricity,no running water......in the winter which lasted from early November to late may, it was freezing,and lots of snow.........I hunted grouse and rabbits....we fished thru holes cut in the frozen lakes.......now in my 70s,i still hunt and fish.....I have not used a firearm in an unsafe manner or ever injured any one.......I HONESTLY believe that our governments put fear into people who do NOT know about firearms that they are dangerous..... the older I become, the LESS I trust or believe anything that is said by politations.......

Re: Age limit for arms training

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:58 pm
by ankur_ank007
archie_b wrote:Hi!
I am 19. I am aware that I cannot apply for procurement of arms license before 21, but am I eligible to take a civilian arms training course? If yes, will/can it increase my chances of obtaining an arms license after I become eligible for one and does it have any other perks? Also, I am a resident of West Bengal but study in Bangalore, Karnataka; can I take up the course there? if yes, please suggest places.
thanks in advance. :)
Hi,

You can take arms training under any of the affiliated rifle associations, also, Arms Act of India 1959 allows any person above the age of 12 to get trained to handle firearms under a licensed weapon holder.

Kudos...

Re: Age limit for arms training

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:53 pm
by ASIF007
NAHMINT284 wrote:As a boy of 10, I had a single shot .22 rifle and at 12 years of age,i had a single shot 12 guage shotgun.......we lived in the country........no electricity,no running water......in the winter which lasted from early November to late may, it was freezing,and lots of snow.........I hunted grouse and rabbits....we fished thru holes cut in the frozen lakes.......now in my 70s,i still hunt and fish.....I have not used a firearm in an unsafe manner or ever injured any one.......I HONESTLY believe that our governments put fear into people who do NOT know about firearms that they are dangerous..... the older I become, the LESS I trust or believe anything that is said by politations.......
Please do share some hunting and fishing stories.....Its a think of the past sadly.