Vote Bank of Shooters

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Vote Bank of Shooters

Post by bishu57 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 pm

This might sound cynical to some but bear with me .
What if all the shooters and shooting enthusiasts formed a lobby of voters and decide to vote only for that political party that promises reforms in our archaic gun laws ?

Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For Advertising mail webmaster
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Vote Bank of Shooters

Post by SMJ » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 am

It's a great idea Bishu57[emoji106] The only thought that comes to mind is that we are too few and far between for political parties to care!

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:27 pm

A far bigger vote bank would be people who want to own a firearm/ get an arms license but are unable to do so due to laws & policies which punish the honest law abiding citizen while rewarding those willing to "work the system". A few years ago there were over 1,00,000 pending arms license applications in the city of Lucknow alone.

The number of those who are keen, but dissuaded from applying by the humiliating and corrupt process (and/ or the astronomic prices of firearms), would be many times the total number of actual applicants.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Agree Abhijeet , but how passionate are people about this that they would band together ? That’s the sad part at the same time very frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:04 am

:agree:
Regards

Shivaji

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:54 pm

The politicians neednot trade for vote bank of those who seek reforms in firearm laws. Simply the applicants are sufficient trade.
The process is difficult and humiliating till elections are far away.
I have observed that in my home state Punjab, the same licence which is a herculean task otherwise during routine days , are distributed like peanuts at the whims of politicians near election time .
All the procedures are bypassed and no verification is done .
Then do you still feel they need to trade votes of those who demand liberal laws at par with developed countries vs. votes of all xyz both deserving and responsible citizens plus amateur non deserving candidates who just wish to copy songs and movies( Votebank).
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:00 am

Matters are like this not only in Panjab, matters are more or less similar in almost every state. Till the voters are ignorant or up for sale for Rs 500 or a little more or for a bottle of country liquor or similar considerations in exchange for votes, or are easily manipulated in name of religion or caste, nothing meaningful can be expected from this sinking and superficial democracy. Unfortunately neither it is a true democracy or a true republic.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 pm

It sounds like a fabulous idea and needs to be brainstormed
I dont dial 911... I dial .357