• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
User avatar
mundaire
Posts: 4869
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby mundaire » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 am

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/jand ... 61515.html

J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms
PTI
October 4, 2017 | UPDATED 19:10 IST

Jammu, Oct 4 (PTI) Residents of border villages who live under the constant threat of firing by Pakistani troops and militant attacks have demanded that the Jammu and Kashmir government grant them licences to keep firearms, police today said.

They said they needed weapons to defend themselves in the event of a militant attack.

At a meeting of police and border dwellers in Samba, the residents of the border belt demanded they be given licences to protect themselves from ultras, a police spokesperson said.

The meeting was convened in the wake of recent ceasefire violations by Pakistan that forced villagers to seek shelter in safer places.

The meeting, chaired by SSP Samba Anil Magotra at the Rajpura police station, saw the participation of a number of border dwellers and the heads of several villages.

The villagers rued they were not enough bullet-proof vehicles for their evacuation to safer places during ceasefire violations, the police spokesperson said.

Also, more ambulances with all life-support systems needed to be added to the existing fleet, they said.

The SSP told the villagers he would raise the matter at the appropriate level.

PTI AB GVS


Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

rommel43
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby rommel43 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Yeah right
They want to protect themselves from "Militant Attacks"

Totally believable.



goodboy_mentor
Posts: 2815
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Militants or no militants, believable or unbelievable, right to keep and bear arms for personal security is a basic inalienable natural human right. Had given the links having even the judgement of nine judge constitutional bench of Indian supreme court related to this matter in this post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25500#p251408

It is real a pity that citizens of this country have to, and out of ignorance or slave like mindset, are demanding not their inalienable right but a "license" to defend their own lives. Real guineapigs in a large lab called India? Obviously New Delhi would be mischievously smiling because any time it can say in future, now "no threat", your license revoked. Hitler had rightly said those rulers are lucky whose citizens do not think.


All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby Master » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:46 am

I do not understand whats so unbelievable about it. In case of any insurgency, govt simply lets time to solve the problem and ordinary citizens are left to die and suffer. If only kashmiri pandits had guns (and gun culture, of course), they would not have been driven out and exterminated. Similar is the situation in many parts of UP from where people are fleeing because of local 'goons', which the author (Saurabh Malkar) do not talk about, being himself left/liberal.



goodboy_mentor
Posts: 2815
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 am

Master wrote:I do not understand whats so unbelievable about it.
It appears you have not carefully read my previous post and probably reading what actually does not exist.
Master wrote:In case of any insurgency, govt simply lets time to solve the problem and ordinary citizens are left to die and suffer.
Root cause of any insurgency is always political. And if any government for whatever reasons, fails to acknowledge this fact, and keeps on harping it is just "law and order problem" what else can it do? You cannot swim in two boats at the same time. Anyways this website is not for discussing the sinking polity and politics of this country.
Master wrote:If only kashmiri pandits had guns (and gun culture, of course), they would not have been driven out and exterminated.
Right to keep and bear arms for personal security is a basic human right of not just persons of particular caste like pandits but of every caste, ethnicity or religion. This basic human right does not have it's roots in any man made Constitution or government document but in the fact that one is a natural person or human.
Master wrote:Similar is the situation in many parts of UP from where people are fleeing because of local 'goons', which the author (Saurabh Malkar) do not talk about, being himself left/liberal.
Again it appears you have either not read what he has written or want to read it in a manner that is prejudiced by your personal biases. He has clearly put a case for equal right to keep and bear arms for every citizen like in America. It has nothing to do with being leftist or liberal. You cannot arm one particular section, caste or religion of society and say others have no natural human right to keep and bear arms for personal security.


All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:52 am

Agreed with Goodboy_ Mentor. Keep a weapon never means that its a guarantee certificate or solution for all mishaps either political or cast wise. Rather on my opinion in SOS condition it empowers a person to defend himself and his family (both life and Property) from some adverse situations and our Constitution give us the right to defend ourselves.



Master
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby Master » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Goodboy_ Mentor, I have no where mentioned any religion. Your strong offence brings forth your biases and prejudice. Whereas Malakar's article clearly mentions religion and politics. :?:



goodboy_mentor
Posts: 2815
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Master wrote:Goodboy_ Mentor, I have no where mentioned any religion. Your strong offence brings forth your biases and prejudice. Whereas Malakar's article clearly mentions religion and politics. :?:
Caste and religion is a reality of Indian subcontinent. Even the Indian constitution has acknowledged the existence of caste and religion. Mentioning it is no crime and not mentioning is no favor to anybody. Mentioning or not mentioning the same is also not a qualifier if someone is biased or prejudiced. If Mr. Malkar has mentioned about religion and politics, he has only mentioned the facts. It was the mixing of religion and politics that was responsible for the partition in 1947, and the same continued even after 1947 in unwritten and underhand manner. Do not believe me? The first thing the Indian government did after 1947 was to repair the Somnath temple at the State expense that was lying in ruins for centuries. I am not against repair of any place of worship, but when the State claims to be secular, then it should remain away from all this and let the followers of the religion do the repairs themselves. Now this purdah over mixing of politics and religion has been thrown away and everyone is doing it nakedly in the Indian politics. Whom to blame, and who is biased and prejudiced? Find out yourself.


All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby Master » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:37 pm

goodboy_mentor, congratulations on your 2800 th post. :roll:



goodboy_mentor
Posts: 2815
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Master wrote:goodboy_mentor, congratulations on your 2800 th post. :roll:
Truth is sometimes indeed surprising 8)


All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby Master » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
Master wrote:goodboy_mentor, congratulations on your 2800 th post. :roll:
Truth is sometimes indeed surprising 8)

What truth ? Truth is what you selectively choose to overlook. This being a non political discussion forum, I choosing not to reply any further.



goodboy_mentor
Posts: 2815
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: J&K border dwellers demand licences for firearms

Postby goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Master wrote:What truth ? Truth is what you selectively choose to overlook. This being a non political discussion forum, I choosing not to reply any further.
What truth has been overlooked? Rather than making vague claims about truth being overlooked, isn't it better to substantiate your claims accurately? Of course let us stay on the topic, where is the untruth below? Mentioning Supreme Court judgement related to basic inalienable natural human right of personal security is the untruth?
goodboy_mentor wrote:Militants or no militants, believable or unbelievable, right to keep and bear arms for personal security is a basic inalienable natural human right. Had given the links having even the judgement of nine judge constitutional bench of Indian supreme court related to this matter in this post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25500#p251408

It is real a pity that citizens of this country have to, and out of ignorance or slave like mindset, are demanding not their inalienable right but a "license" to defend their own lives. Real guineapigs in a large lab called India? Obviously New Delhi would be mischievously smiling because any time it can say in future, now "no threat", your license revoked. Hitler had rightly said those rulers are lucky whose citizens do not think.


All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. - Friedrich Nietzsche


Return to “RKBA”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest