Family heirloom troubles

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Arjun_sheka
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Family heirloom troubles

Post by Arjun_sheka » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:17 am

My grandfather had 2 rifles with him, until he passed away a few months ago. My father passed away 6y ago and now I want to make sure the guns remain in the family, as they are old as well as hold family values to me. I tried to Google search these things but I just couldn't find anything credible. I'd really appreciate your help. Here are the problems I'm facing:
*My mother tried to apply for a gun license and was rejected: No cultivated land, and is there some law that prevents women from getting rifles?
*I want to apply for them myself but I plan to go abroad for my further studies, and people say I cannot inherit it as ill be leaving the country is that true?
*A person cannot have more than 1 weapon under their name?
I'd be glad if you guys could help clear these doubts.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Family heirloom troubles

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:08 pm

If arms license application is rejected, it is not end of everything. Just follow the next logical step of appealing to the appellate authority. If still rejected file a writ in High Court. There is nothing in the law that prevents women from getting arms license. Rather women should be encouraged to apply for arms license for self defense.

If you leave the country for studies after applying for license, it may create unnecessary confusion during police verification. It is always better to keep the matters uncomplicated and simple. Duration of license is three years. You will need to apply for renewal before it's expiry. if you will not be able to come for renewal, it is better to have license in name of some other family member who will be here at the time of renewal. Inheritance is your property right.

A person can have three firearms under Arms Act 1959. Renowned shots have some exemptions to this three firearm limit.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Arjun_sheka
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Arjun_sheka » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I will follow as you have said. It was rejected twice. First time saying NO LAND. and second time saying women cannot own it. I don't understand why they do this with no reason.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Arjun_sheka wrote:It was rejected twice. First time saying NO LAND. and second time saying women cannot own it. I don't understand why they do this with no reason.
You have asked a very important question. Following are the reasons that come up in mind as to why they are behaving like psychopaths and illegally rejecting the applications -

1. feel that they are "all powerful" and the pity citizens are just nothing. They can run roughshod over their rights with practically no consequences. This view gets re-enforced by the prevalent culture of impunity and no accountability. They have gone so much berserk they even want to license non firing imitation/replica guns. The problem highlighted in another thread is just tip of the iceberg, this one - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24906

2. the corrupt who want to extract bribes will obviously behave like this. This is their mighty handle to extract bribes. They know that if the applicant will go to High Court for a writ, it will cost time and money to the applicant. Many people(especially those in urgent need of license) succumb to this kind of pressure, fall at their feet and voluntarily offer bribes or some other form of illegal gratification.

3. the age old deeply embedded culture and psycho history of those in power, the ruling elite. May be a post represented by this link viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24748#p246348 and exploring other links in that thread will give you some idea. Another thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24667
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992