Mathura episode and impact to RKBA

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Mathura episode and impact to RKBA

Post by ibalajis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi all,

As I have been watching this harrowing episode of armed clash between a group and cops in Mathura, a thought flashed in my mind as to what this means to the cause of RKBA.

Will this be a nail in the coffin of the cause being fought for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Sorry, didn't notice there is a separate RKBA thread. Mods, please move this if you see fit.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Mathura episode and impact to RKBA

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Personally, I do not think that this is going to impact RKBA because of the following reasons -

1. Most(probably all) of the arms were illegal and not obtained by getting licenses. It shows that those bent on breaking the law, the law means nothing to them. It is only the law abiding who suffer the most from burdensome and draconian laws.

2. The matter is political, the organization in question was political and not related to RKBA. It can be said that the rigidity or intolerance of the Indian political system failed to reach some amicable compromise or solution with the group to diffuse the crisis. I have shared a video interview of Retd. Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju in another post at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=504&p=241811#p241811 May be it can give you an idea how politically unstable the situation has become or becoming. And in politically unstable situations, RKBA is one of the most important things for protection of self and family.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Mathura episode and impact to RKBA

Post by ibalajis » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:05 am

Thanks GBM