private military contracting in india

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Shashank s bharadwaj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

private military contracting in india

Post by Shashank s bharadwaj » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Shashank s bharadwaj hi guys ..!!!
i dont know whether this topic belong here but still wanna know whats on this way..??
so lets see whats the status of private military contracting thing in india is it leagl..? does it exist in india or it doesnt ? if it does are these thing covert..?
wanna know more..! so reply your thoughts..!!! :?:

For Advertising mail webmaster
main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: private military contracting in india

Post by main13 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Boss no offense but IMHO iff you're asking this question here you might never 'need' to know the answer even though you might 'want' to for reasons best known to yourself!

I'm not a Sarkari babu in MHA/MOD but here are my two cents. The Indian Army fights its own wars. It never 'outsources' them unlike certain countries, no matter what.. Our external intelligence agencies do have their 'deniable' assets like all others but there is "nothing official about it" due to their very nature! PMCs as far as I know are like 'War-BPOs' & hence have a formal existence even if a lot of their operations can be 'off the record' at times..

I think MHA does allow private security agencies for various purposes but don't think their allowed areas of operations would extend beyond specified areas on Indian soil only.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

Shashank s bharadwaj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shashank s bharadwaj » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:27 pm

ah finally somebody showed up to this topic
well your thoughts almost convinced me but still i wanna know their presence for sure like if you've got any evidence for their existence like photos or any article on them
and by the way i dont think bureaucratic approach doesn't always solve problems efficiently
and by the way my countries armed forces have been serving to their best no questions about
just thoughts thats it
thanks for the reply though..!

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:21 pm

Ok..then explain the 'Ghurkha' regiments of the Indian Army :-)

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:59 am

Chengy wrote:Ok..then explain the 'Ghurkha' regiments of the Indian Army :-)
I did not understand that. Please elaborate.

Atul

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:19 am

Gurkha Regiments in the Indian Army, is a regular regiment similar to others like Bihar, Jat, etc. Indian Army after independence followed the pre-independence British Indian Army formations. So, what was there was kept in terms of formations. New ones were formed in due time for example J&K Light Infantry & Rajasthan Rifles, etc.

How can you compare Gurkha Regiment to a PMC ?? Yes, Gurkhas from Nepal join the Indian Army (if I am not mistaken) but, that is a tradition.

Jai Hind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:42 pm

StormTruppen wrote:How can you compare Gurkha Regiment to a PMC ?? Yes, Gurkhas from Nepal join the Indian Army (if I am not mistaken) but, that is a tradition.
As per Black's Law Dictionary mercenary is a profes­sional soldier hired by someone other than his or her own government to fight in a foreign country. Thus the Gorkha Regiment or any regiment that has citizens of some other country fits perfectly into the definition of mercenaries. Yes hiring of mercenaries is a tradition in the Indian subcontinent. It can be ascertained by reading the history of the Indian subcontinent, the tradition continues to this day.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:54 pm

PMC = Mercenaries = Not Gurkhas. Reason is mercenaries are professional soldiers who are hired. Here Gurkhas become professional soldiers on joining Indian Army. If they fight for someone else after leaving Indian Army. Then they become Mercenaries, not during their soldier career in the IA. YES, Blackwater operatives are Mercenaries. Not Gurkhas. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:02 pm

StormTruppen wrote:PMC = Mercenaries = Not Gurkhas. Reason is mercenaries are professional soldiers who are hired. Here Gurkhas become professional soldiers on joining Indian Army. If they fight for someone else after leaving Indian Army. Then they become Mercenaries, not during their soldier career in the IA. YES, Blackwater operatives are Mercenaries. Not Gurkhas. :)
Your understanding appears to be misplaced and flawed since you have failed to read the complete definition of mercenary. Regardless of whatever you believe or trying to believe, the fact remains that person hired by someone not his own government to fight in a foreign country are nothing but mercenaries as per legal definitions. May read the complete definition of mercenary again, probably you will understand the fact.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:38 pm

hey gents why not ask the MHA I am sure they will clear this up in no time
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Shashank s bharadwaj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shashank s bharadwaj » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Gurkha regiment is a part of the Indian army itself
If troops join from Nepal it doesn't mean mercenaries
Nepalese and Indians were part of the British Indian army
Together since then the Nepalese are joining our gurkha regiment
In this case they are not joining a private army run by some billionaire instead they are a part of an army owned by a government so it doesn't Make them mercienaries .
And hold on we are taking this way off topic my question was is there are any private military company in india or not.
i just want evidence
not a fight on whats not the topic

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 pm

United Nations Mercenary Convention can be read directly from UN website. The full text of the convention can be downloaded by going to the following link https://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/INTRO/530?OpenDocument

Article 1(1)(c) of International Convention against the Recruitment, Use, Financing and Training of Mercenaries, 4 December 1989 says -

1.A mercenary is any person who:

(c) Is neither a national of a party to the conflict nor a resident of territory controlled by a party to the conflict;

Article 1(2)(c) of the same convention says -

2. A mercenary is also any person who, in any other situation:

(c) Is neither a national nor a resident of the State against which such an act is directed;

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Technically, Gorkhas were not mercenaries in British Indian Army but they are mercenaries in Indian Army. Due to the high respect accorded to them and to Nepal, no one at the ruling or defense circles will ever invoke that technicality to treat them differently. As said above, it is a tradition & will stay that way against most odds. Those troopers are considered as Indian as me & you gets.

PMC on the lines of Blackwater come with its own risks. People involved should be of the highest discipline to make sure they work as an Army than a militia. Without that professionalism, which India mostly lack in every sphere, even their minuscule presence will be classified.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Shashank s bharadwaj wrote:my question was is there are any private military company in india or not.
i just want evidence
Please file an RTI application with Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Defense. You will get the answer via RTI provided such information is not a State secret. RTI reply is legally admissible as evidence.

Shashank s bharadwaj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shashank s bharadwaj » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:31 pm

aa i dont wanna dig in that deep ...
Filing an application to the RTI seems the right way but for just knowledge purpose id like to know it as a fact and am not on a case study on it .am just curious about it and planing to make an article on it and wanted to know if any one here answers it . i wanna know the pros and cons for vetrans,govt and society like india if there are any pmc
It seems india dosent need such things as a private military unless it is lending its hands for other contries for help
By the way sandy good to see your hands on this topic