Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:34 am

Blanks cannot use real ammunition! Only an idiot would make a contrary statement
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:08 am

Thanks for the clarification Abhijeet, its even more ridiculous than before now :roll: :roll:

Added in 24 minutes 1 second:
Not sure if I am allowed to share this directly of the Draft Arms Rules Site but here goes....
Specific to Air Guns -the earlier version of the draft arms rules mentioned .177 or Air Weapons......now it has changed to simply Air Weapons (see point no.11). This is way worse than the previous draft and beyond ridiculous.

Permissible Arms
6 Handguns
(revolvers and pistols) including
semi-automatic other than
those mentioned in restricted
category I(c)
III(a) 50
7 Breech loading Centrefire rifles
(not semi-automatic)
III(b) 50
8 .22 bore Rimfire rifles
(including semi-automatic)
III(c) 100
9 Smooth bore breech loading
shotguns
III(d) 100
10 Muzzle-loading guns III(e) 20
11 Air weapons including Air
Rifles and Air Guns having
muzzle energy exceeding 20
joules or 15 ft-lbs
III(f) 100
12 Firearm Replicas III(g) 100
13 Electronic disabling devices
having firing range of less than
4.5 meters
III(h) 100
14 Paint ball markers or guns III(i) 100
15 Blank firing firearms III(j) 100
16 Accessories for any firearms
designed or adapted to
diminish the noise or flash
caused by the firing thereof.
III(k) 20

Abhijeet, as some of the members have mentioned - may some of us make a monetary contribution to NAGRI and empower it to fight this?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:52 am

SMJ wrote:Permissible Arms

11) Air weapons including Air Rifles and Air Guns having muzzle energy exceeding 20 joules or 15 ft-lbs III(f) 100
Shouldn't it be, Air weapons including Air Rifles and Air Guns having muzzle energy not exceeding 20 joules or 15 ft-lbs III(f) 100?

Also, it should either be 20 J (14.75 ft.lbs.) or 15 ft.lbs. They cannot have both.

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:00 pm

On the 27th of November, 2015 in the Lok Sabha a resolution was adopted where the MPs solemnly affirmed their commitment to the principles
and ideals of the Constitution
, and resolved to "Uphold and maintain the sanctity and supremacy of the Constitution;"

People who are contacting their MPs, please remind them of this resolution the inform them that if the said arms rules are passed then they would be going against this resolution as it would besmirch the sanctity of the Constitution.

Here is the link to the resolution http://164.100.47.132/bull1/16/VI/27.11.2015.pdf
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:41 pm

@ SMJ - You are looking at the earlier draft from May 2015, the current version says something entirely different.
@ Mack - The sentence referred to is part of a list of items which are considered as firearms and hence require an Arms License, etc.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:08 pm

Got it. Thanks.

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:10 pm

spin_drift wrote:We really need to take this up with the Supreme Court.
Agreed with spin_drift. because its needless to talk with MLA/MPs. govt are going to helpless the civilian, all govt wants that the poor civilian are depends upon him in subject of self-defance , when its done Its also a another Vote bank for him( vote bank for self defance). PM Ya HM ko kya phark pard raha hai un ke liye to jaan dene wale kaye security guard hai . We are with you lets go to the Suprem Court.
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi Abhijeet, I would like to stress once again on the fact that I am really happy to make some sort of monetary contribution(at least whatever I can) to NAGRI to fight the new proposed draft arms rules! I am sure a lot of members feel the same way I do. NAGRI after all is fighting for the rights of the entire gun loving community and deserves our wholehearted support for this in any and every form possible !!

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:50 am

Abhijeet,

As advised by you i have flagged this matter with my local MP. May i be of any other help?

Regards,

Pranjal

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Gentlemen, I am afraid that like many I cannot contribute in any of the four ways mentioned, but as others have pointed out, we can help with some contribution (however small) in monetary terms.

Please let us know.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:32 pm

Gentlemen/Ladies,

Are we making enough noise on Social Media?
Among other things, I suggest activating the indiansforguns handle on twitter.
Compared to facebook, twitter is one place where politicians, journalists and other 'high-following' entities are more frequent.
NAGRI/Staff may please let us know if helping hands are needed, to drive a social media campaign in well directed manner to achieve intended impact.
This may in turn be another way for members to pitch in.

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Hello,

The twitter idea seems good.
Does anyone have any experience/ability to exploit social media?

Regards,
Chandan

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:27 pm

When is the amendment Bill going to be tabled in Parliament? As per my understanding, the Arms Rules are sub ordinate legislation, they go to only Rajya Sabha for approval. Is this Bill going to be tabled in only Rajya Sabha or both in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:00 pm

These are Rules and will be notified at the government's pleasure via the official gazette. They will of course need to be tabled in parliament within a certain period of time, for approval - but will legally come in force the minute they are notified in the gazette.

Since many of these Rules will materially alter the provisions/ definitions of the Arms Act - specifically the Rules which seek to classify replicas and blanks as Arms - amendments will need to be made to the Arms Act itself, to bring it in line with these new Rules... a case of the tail wagging the dog! These amendments to the Act will of course be done via an amendment bill which would go through the same process as any other bill being placed in parliament.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:13 pm

Probably have found answer to my own question after reading Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959. The Bill will have to be passed by both houses of Parliament to become law.

When the Parliament is going to be in session? Why I am asking? Because the contact with MPs should be made accordingly. Too early contact, they might forget the matter. Too late contact, it might not be possible to contact them at all.

Planning to visit at least two opposition MPs of Lok Sabha and one lawyer associated with a political party. Will also try to visit the offices of the ruling political party in central government and its ally. Does NAGRI have any write up that needs to be submitted to MPs? I will try to base it on my earlier post at https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 30#p230480 But there is always room for improvement.

Since it may not be possible for some readers/ members of this forum to personally meet the MPs, does NAGRI want those readers/ members of this forum to do email campaign to all MPs, the political parties and media houses? And follow up with phone calls to MPS and political parties. If yes then what is the material that needs to be sent and when?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992