Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:28 pm

We can at least share each other's twitter handles. This way we can cor-ordinate our forces to raise debates on twitter.
This matter may get the much needed attention.
So many journalists, MPs etc are active on twitter.
Is there a thread already in this forum, where people share their twitter handles?
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Not yet, please do go ahead and start one :)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Virendra S Rathore wrote:We can at least share each other's twitter handles. This way we can cor-ordinate our forces to raise debates on twitter.
This matter may get the much needed attention.
So many journalists, MPs etc are active on twitter.
Is there a thread already in this forum, where people share their twitter handles?
My twitter handle is goodboy_mentor. Not very familiar with the use and tricks of twitter, very rarely login there. Best would be to personally meet the MPs or phone them and try to convince them. How to convince them needs a properly planned strategy. Those living in or near Delhi are lucky in the sense that they can meet more MPs and political people who can really make a difference. As I have earlier already explained that arms are without any doubt recognized as fundamental and human right by Constitution and Parliament lacks Constitutional mandate and jurisdiction to make licensing of personal or self made weapons in the post represented by following link https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 30#p230480 The main question is how honest these people will be with the Constitutionally guaranteed fundamental human rights after having been told them the facts. Only amending Section 45(c) of Arms Act to read that " Nothing in this Act shall apply to-- any weapon of an obsolete pattern or of antiquarian value or personal or self made weapon or in disrepair which is not capable of being used as a firearm either with or without repair;" will serve our purpose, no need to make useless demands like need "objectivity" and so on, because the "objectivity" of bureaucracy ultimately translates into "threat" and "no threat" nonsense.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

s_sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by s_sharma » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:53 am

Mr Rajyawardhan Singh Rathore is union minister in the present Govt. He can be a great help in this cause. Just my view only.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi, just a suggestion -why don't we start an online signature campaign to garner support

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:32 pm

s_sharma wrote:Mr Rajyawardhan Singh Rathore is union minister in the present Govt. He can be a great help in this cause. Just my view only.
Your view is certainly important, but as said earlier the main question is how honest is the political class with the Constitutionally guaranteed foundational fundamental human right of RKBA? Tweet him and others in ruling dispensation the following link https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 30#p230480 and ask them to support RKBA in order to honor this Constitutionally guaranteed foundational fundamental human right. This is the acid test to test the honesty towards the Constitution of any politician or any citizen of this country for that matter.
SMJ wrote:Hi, just a suggestion -why don't we start an online signature campaign to garner support
Your idea is good but how many are aware of the foundational importance of RKBA for real freedom and liberty and will sign the petition. And petition to whom?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi GBM, thought one of you gentlemen (veterans or one of the moderators) may know :). Anycase, there will not be too much enthusiasm from the general public for this cause but hope that a well explained petition would elicit support even from non gun owners/lovers. Facebook seems to be the best social media. Petition can be to the president or home minister - not very sure of how that works. My suggestions are very basic but I hope a fellow member can come up with a better and more detailed plan of action along these lines!

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:47 pm

SMJ wrote:Hi GBM, thought one of you gentlemen (veterans or one of the moderators) may know :). Anycase, there will not be too much enthusiasm from the general public for this cause but hope that a well explained petition would elicit support even from non gun owners/lovers. Facebook seems to be the best social media. Petition can be to the president or home minister - not very sure of how that works. My suggestions are very basic but I hope a fellow member can come up with a better and more detailed plan of action along these lines!
I agree with what you are saying. It is ignorance of the general public and conspiracies of self styled "experts" with vested and criminal interests, who are very vocal and aggressive in promoting self defense prohibitionism(despite the fact that RKBA has been guaranteed as foundational fundamental human right by the Constitution).

Probably we should analyze how the debate about net neutrality was conducted and finally a positive regulation from TRAI has been extracted. The points that I see is that -

1) the conceptual foundation of the argument was put in a very sound and clear manner.

2) this was also backed by commercial interests of small businesses and upcoming entrepreneurs who see their commercial future secured by net neutrality.

3) It is important to note that Centre for Internet and Society receives about $200,000 a year from WMF, the organisation behind Wikipedia.

Is NAGRI or those for RKBA considering similar approach? Why not?

Adding the following link to this post so that readers may understand the concepts related to RKBA https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 06#p239169

χάος
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by χάος » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:54 pm

Hello everyone,
This is alarming. It gets more scary when you get to know that NRAI pushed these guidelines, and since .177 will be kept out of the embargo, it will not affect any sports body.
Please direct us how to channelise our resources to make an impact. I can touch Judicial and Press.
Kindly advise.

Regards!
VKS
Guns don't kill people - POLICIES DO

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:59 pm

It's very unfortunate to comment but infact NRAI people are minting BIG money in the whole business. They not at all support the sport for sports sake... Even they don't import cartridges for their members however they do import fancy and exotic cartridges which have no connection with any sport......... I'm not making any stray remarks, I have been watching them silently for years.

Alpha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Alpha » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:48 am

May I know what is in draft that is going to increase hassles of license holders at the time of renewal ?
[(d) Furthermore there are to be increased hassles for all license holders at the time of arms license renewal.]

Thanks and regards.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Alpha wrote:May I know what is in draft that is going to increase hassles of license holders at the time of renewal ?
[(d) Furthermore there are to be increased hassles for all license holders at the time of arms license renewal.]

Thanks and regards.
Please read the following https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 30#p230480

JackieD
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by JackieD » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:59 am

So if even air rifles come under the category of arms, then what would the people who already own an air rifle do. I have a .357 cal air rifle. Will I need to apply for an arms licence for the same?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:49 am

JackieD wrote:So if even air rifles come under the category of arms, then what would the people who already own an air rifle do. I have a .357 cal air rifle. Will I need to apply for an arms licence for the same?
They will have to apply for gun license or else give up the airguns or face legal consequences. Also nobody will be able to keep more than three airguns under license. Also do not forget the harassment and humiliation that usually comes with applying and renewing of licenses. Legally license means permission. So you will have to seek permission. Who has to take permission from whom? Isn't it the slave has to take permission from his master? Will you be entering a master slave relationship with government? Think yourself and understand.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:58 am

JackieD, there isn't a single .357 Cal air-rifle I can think of, which would pass the deal wood test. So even today, you are required to get it properly licensed, just like any other firearm. Not doing so would invite the same penalties as being in possession of an illegal/ unlicensed firearm.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein