Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Important information regarding Arms Rules 2015

Dear Friends,

We are writing to solicit your support in ensuring that the upcoming the ARMS RULES 2015 do not lead to increased harassment and hardship for all citizens.

The reasons for seeking amendments to these rules are many:-

a) These rules will make acquiring licences next to impossible as well as owning/ storing/ carrying/ using licensed arms irrationally restrictive, thus significantly increase the harassment of law-abiding citizens.

b) Air-guns, paintball markers, blank-firing guns, replicas and even Diwali toy guns are to be now be treated as firearms, subject to the full force of the law - including the need for arms licences and the same penalties as those for owning illegal firearms.

c) Even little children who own and play with airguns or cracker guns will now become criminals under law if these rules get notified, as possessing these will require an Arms Licence, just like any other firearm, subject to the same limits and penal provisions.

d) Furthermore there are to be increased hassles for all license holders at the time of arms license renewal.

We are now at a crucial stage and need all the help we can get, otherwise these new (draconian) rules may become a reality within a matter of weeks.

To this end, those of you who are willing to help us should please get in touch with us at the earliest. In terms of specifics what we require is assistance from:-

1. Those of you who many be able to reach one/ more Member of Parliament/ MLA or any other law-makers
2. Those of you who are in the Media/ Press
3. Those of you who are Lawyers
4. Those of you who may be working in the Central Government
5. Those of you who are connected to the firearms/ replicas/ airgun manufacturing industry

We cannot emphasise enough how critical it is for us to find ways to have these rules amended before they become law.

All of us have experienced, to some extent or the other, the vagaries of the arms licensing process in our country and the attendant harassment & humiliation.

While these new rules claim to work towards simplification, they will only serve to make the process even murkier, subjective and far worse than it already is - defeating the entire intent with which citizens had demanded a review of these laws!

Please do come forward ASAP if you can help. Also, please share this information with other concerned citizens.

You can contact us at: wwwadmin [at] gunowners [dot] in

Warm regards,
--
Team NAGRI
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Post by StampMaster » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi,

I am in.

What will be the next step after meeting MP/MLA, having contact with the press and reporter.

The reason we individuals do not take off well because most of us volunteer or there is no reporting authority. I am not saying we're not motivated enough but there is lack of communication and dead lines to get the work done.

Unless team NAGRI make specific guidelines- letter format, host online polls, email address to send our petition etc to make RKBA a success.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 pm

We really need to take this up with the Supreme Court.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:08 am

Is three an email ID where we can send our protest emails?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:18 am

mundaire wrote:
1. Those of you who many be able to reach one/ more Member of Parliament/ MLA or any other law-makers
5. Those of you who are connected to the firearms/ replicas/ airgun manufacturing industry
I am afraid I do not qualify for any other than point 1. However I am not to sure if I can garner any support from that quaters either.
Is there any other way I can help? I can contribute in terms of time and money to my best ability.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:36 pm

There are literally thousands of air gun owners on this site who think they are not within the purview of the arms act. Now, they all are going to come under the ambit. Please do pause to ponder the implications the intended changes can have on you.

Act now and please do your bit.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:06 pm

kshitij wrote:
mundaire wrote:
I am afraid I do not qualify for any other than point 1. However I am not to sure if I can garner any support from that quaters either.
Is there any other way I can help? I can contribute in terms of time and money to my best ability.
I am also in the same situation please let me know how can I be of help..

Atul

anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anubhav_rulez » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:21 pm

My brother is in Press Trust of India, working as Deputy Chief reporter. Please suggest if I can be of any help.
Anubhav Bajpai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always better to have a gun & don't need it...Than need a gun & not having it !!!

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:34 pm

kshitij wrote:
mundaire wrote:
Convincing the Members of Parliament is one of the most important aspect so that this anti Constitutional, draconian and mischievous amendment to subvert the basic human and fundamental rights gets at least stalled. If the M.P. is from opposition party, most probably it will not be difficult to convince.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:09 pm

For those who are unaware, airguns, if licenced, will not become a separate firearm category.

Those who hold actual firearms will have to decide whether or not to retain their actual firearm/s on the three available slots or sell one or more firearm if they wish to replace them with an airgun. The decision will not be an easy one for those who possess airguns that are family heirlooms, etc.

It goes without saying, that if airguns are licenced, pellets above .177"/4.5mm calibre will also have a quota.

So, what type of airguns are to be licenced?
1) Airguns in any calibre above .177"/4.5mm.
2) Airguns in .177"/4.5mm calibre with a muzzle energy equal to or greater than 20 Joules / 14.75 ft.lbs.

Added in 36 minutes 10 seconds:
I don't know what the NRAI are doing to oppose the unpalatable parts of the proposed amendments but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. Add a link to this post as well.

http://www.thenrai.in/contactus.aspx

A copy of my e-mail to NRAI.

Hello,

I came across a very recent post pertaining to amendments to the Arms Rules and find the contents most disturbing.

As the premier shooting organisation of the country, I would like to know what NRAI is doing to oppose such ill thought out amendments.

The post refered to above can be seen by clicking on http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24069

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

--------------------

ragunnaath
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ragunnaath » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Not sure if anyone has thought about starting a petition on Change.org. I keep getting several petitions for various causes, and notice many of these petitions end up in victory! Maybe we could also consider starting a petition and leveraging social media to garner support even outside this forum.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:23 pm

A suggestion to those at the helm of NAGRI; some well written open letters to the Home Minister and Prime Minister published in some national newspapers may also prove useful.

Ragunnaath, I couldn't agree with you more.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:35 am

So, what type of airguns are to be licenced?
1) Airguns in any calibre above .177"/4.5mm.
2) Airguns in .177"/4.5mm calibre with a muzzle energy equal to or greater than 20 Joules / 14.75 ft.lbs.
Dear Mack the Knife,
Whilst we all hope and pray that these notifications do not become a reality, I just wanted to ask for clarifications regarding Air guns
As per my understanding regarding the new Dratf Arms rules, there are no restrictions for .177 caliber on muzzle energy or FPE generated.
However, when it comes to .22 and above the restriction on muzzle energy comes into effect.
Thus, as far as I understand one can own a very powerful .177, but .22 calibers and above have to be equal to or less than 20 joules in order for it not be classified as a firearm. I know my question is restricted to Air guns only but seeing that Air Guns seem to be more popular compared to Air soft or Blanks, I thought I should ask.
Thanks,

Shailen

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:44 am

Shailen, that's what NRAI had requested them to do many months ago and they had promised to do it. However, they have worded the phrase very cleverly to in effect create the situation that Mack described above!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anubhav_rulez » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:30 am

It maybe OT and would request seniors to delete if inapropriate, but cant resist to post this latest NEWS of big heldup of arms in Delhi...
PS: Last few lines may make you bang your head.
IMG_20160123_100432.JPG
Image courtesy: Jagran Epaper, 22nd March, Delhi Edition

Please start a new post regarding the above. Thanks. - Moderator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anubhav Bajpai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always better to have a gun & don't need it...Than need a gun & not having it !!!