Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
JackieD
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Info regarding Arms Rules 2015 - Message from NAGRI

Post by JackieD » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:49 pm

mundaire wrote:JackieD, there isn't a single .357 Cal air-rifle I can think of, which would pass the deal wood test. So even today, you are required to get it properly licensed, just like any other firearm. Not doing so would invite the same penalties as being in possession of an illegal/ unlicensed firearm.
My father already has a licence and he bought it for me. But I don't think he used his licence to get me one. Thanks sir for bringing this to my notice. May I know what will be the procedure to get it legalized? Or should I just hand it over to the nearest police station. I don't want to break the law by any means.

For Advertising mail webmaster
fer0x
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by fer0x » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:32 pm

This is a huge problem for "airsoft" as different from "BB guns", plastic pellets used in airsoft are 6mm and larger. But the Kinetic energy is less than half the 20 joules being proprsed....this would make no sense....
airsoft would become license requiring even though it is less powerful than a normal "bbgun" of 4.5 mm

According to this chart here, maximum Kinetic energy for airsoft can be 8 joules.
they are taking into consideration the varying weight of the plastic BBs and varying FPS of the rifle....
Even if a powerful rifle of 1000 FPS would be used it would not pass the 20 joules mark.

http://www.airsoftmaster.com/fps-chart- ... soft-guns/

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:47 pm

Not just airguns and airsoft, they also want to treat paintball guns, blank firers and replicas as real firearms with the attendant legal penalties!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

fer0x
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by fer0x » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:57 pm

First of all ill apologise, Iv asked this question by mistake in the previous thread I had started.
I could not find the section in the arms rule that point to the gun caliber for airguns.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm

As I mentioned on the other thread, the draft released by the MHA in April/ May 2015 did not mention calibre of airguns. It simply stated at all airguns/ air-rifles/ air-pistols etc. which produced over 20 Joules of energy would be treated like firearms.

However, the final draft which is not yet published on the web, states that all airguns upto .177 calibre AND producing over 20 Joules would be treated like firearms; All airguns with calibre OVER .177 would be treated like firearms (irrespective of power/ energy produced).
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:01 pm

spin_drift wrote:We really need to take this up with the Supreme Court.
I agree with you, however, supreme court denied to intervene in my case. I dont know why. I am waiting for a detailed letter.

Regards

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:12 pm

ankur_ank007 wrote:
I agree with you, however, supreme court denied to intervene in my case. I dont know why. I am waiting for a detailed letter.

Regards
Could you please give me the details of the case and once you get the detailed letter do post it in here.

Currently, I am a bit busy with my day job and have not been able to have a word with my lawyer regarding going to the Supreme Court. I will update everyone here once i get some time.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:20 pm

spin_drift wrote:
ankur_ank007 wrote:

Regards
Could you please give me the details of the case and once you get the detailed letter do post it in here.

Currently, I am a bit busy with my day job and have not been able to have a word with my lawyer regarding going to the Supreme Court. I will update everyone here once i get some time.
Sure Sir,

If you can PM me your mail id, I can share you the list of events also so that you can share your point of view over the same.

Regards

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:47 pm

I will request all members to think of ways in which they can help . Kindly contact Team NAGRI and we will further suggest ways in which your cantacts and innovative ideas may be put to use.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

Saravanth raj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Saravanth raj » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:36 pm

This is my first post and this forum has been great in helping me choose and use my rifle properly since the new act is stringent with people owning and practicing shooting sports as it is already a field where Indians are lacking this will further widen the gap. Itotally agree with the thread and am open to any help required by the team. I can help financialy. Pls let me know. I think best way to go about is bringing aboard the maufactureres and the shop owners association into the equation.

Rishi3000
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Rishi3000 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:15 pm

I own a blank gun. I have the bill and receipt. Am i in trouble already? I had purchased it 10 years back

Josephroy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Josephroy » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:25 pm

This strategy could effectively amplify our voice and potentially create meaningful change. By utilizing digital platforms and social media, we can expand our reach and inspire a larger community to rally behind our cause. Let's explore this avenue for greater impact. mp bhulekh