IP Monitoring by Sarkari Spooks

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

IP Monitoring by Sarkari Spooks

Post by main13 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:51 am

Looks like my IP is being monitored for some reason. IFG was getting blocked as soon as I would log in. Took me some impromptu midnight cyber-geeking to work past it! Looks like some dimwitted but powerful Sarkari geek with a US-Israeli firewall toy has decided that I'm not to be allowed to design guns, come what may... So much for the rising 'Intolerance' in the country! :lol:

This also implies that the Bharat Sarkar now has the Almighty Divine power of on-the-fly SSL decryption! The fact that the same old NTRO duds operate their new Sarkari toys perhaps mitigates this problem to some extent.

Have our Almighty Admins faced/detected such intrusive behaviour too or is it just the old rebellious me attempting a single-handed martial revolution cum cultural coup??!

Anyway, 'you' hit me first, so putting it out into the open for public display of intrusion.. Lets play! :evil:
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IP Monitoring by Sarkari Spooks

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:18 am

my my..thats is really.a news..
friend be bold,we are with you
regards
dr.jk

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:21 am

It isn't spooking I believe ,thats happening on my system as well ,too unwell to figure it out

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:52 am

jatindra Singh Deo wrote:It isn't spooking I believe ,thats happening on my system as well ,too unwell to figure it out

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
Happened to me too couple of times since last evening.

Guess after all it is not some grand "Sarkari" conspiracy but just a simple case of the hosting servers being sporadically down for short periods of time. ROTFL
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:15 am

I regularly visit many so called "objectionable" websites just to read the views. Have never experienced such thing till now. What were the symptoms? What troubleshooting steps were done to resolve the problem?

Yes most probably some temporary network problem. Few years ago, had intermittent problem of websites not opening up. The DNS servers of the ISP were overloaded. Started using Google DNS/ Open DNS servers, problem was resolved.

Regarding intolerance, yes would agree since a number of websites have been recently blocked on whims and fancies of government, only because the government of the day does not like the ideas expressed by those websites. Government thinks that citizens of this country are fools and kids, they will get influenced by ideas.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:22 am

GBM,
Will share a screenshot of what is displayed on the cellphone when the site isnt accessible. From what I remember, it says something like "server(or website) down or offline at the moment."
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:26 am

dr.jayakumar wrote:my my..thats is really.a news..
friend be bold,we are with you
regards
dr.jk
Thank You Sir!
I would suggest all not-so-nerdy people to get some good traffic encryption software like TOR, invest in a good antivirus, firewall & keep the machines updated. What usually follows immediately after such stuff is a data theft attempt! There have been incidents like this before, so this won't be the last am sure...
kshitij wrote: Happened to me too couple of times since last evening.

Guess after all it is not some grand "Sarkari" conspiracy but just a simple case of the hosting servers being sporadically down for short periods of time.
I redirected my traffic via Israeli servers, never logged me out even ONCE after that.. Anyway work for GOI only so got nothing to hide.. NTRO was desperately seeking on-the-fly decryption capability for long time, this am aware of. If its happening to everyone then perhaps a DOS has been done on the server hosting IFG which got affected too!

Several of my acquaintances, colleagues & clients have faced this kind of intrusive behavior in the past so it never hurts to be careful! One need not bother about NTRO's integrity but at the end of the day it is just a pepped up police thana run by Sarkari afsars so mediocrity & chamchagiri reigns supreme even though the average amount of grey matter in the brain boxes is much higher than the usual police thana... (My 'personal' opinion, no offense to the omniscient Almighty geeks at NTRO!)
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 am

Hello guys,

Well there have been a lot of such cases everywhere. First thing is are you using your personal pc and internet connection. IFG was blocked from my official pc.

Spying on citizens is nothing new. But with technology available so widely and with Big Data monitoring has become very easy for these bug*ers. I will be happy provide some help posting an article soon.

FYI, your pc and internet is tracked by Virus, malware, IP address. Your smartphone is nothing less than a GPS tracker tagged to you and get all info your personal info. Smart TV can check all your activities. LED bulbs can be used for spying. Even DTH recorders send your tv viewing activity every few seconds. Aadhaar has already ruined our life as the government (ours and foreign) can trace you down using biometric. I can possible go on with lot of such examples, be aware.

THIS IS WHY TECHNOLOGY IS GETTING CHEAP. To save yourself from all this nuisance, your memory, pen and paper will be the best friends as we all did in 1970's and 80's.

IF YOU CHOOSE SECURITY OVER FREEDOM. YOU GET NEITHER.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:51 am

Oh god lets not get into this men ,its the territory of speculation and ends up wrong in more than one way !

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

Added in 1 minute 35 seconds:
Denial of service on IFG !!!!!! DOS attacks by government on IFG is a little farfetched !

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:51 am

Denial of service on IFG !!!!!! DOS attacks by government on IFG is a little farfetched !

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 pm

It was a http 404 error. Looks like a temp glitch..
if one receives something like 504 or 520 and that to often when visiting a site that could be indicative of MiTM attack.

here is some technical stuff on this http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/m ... -sslstrip/
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:15 pm

main13 wrote: I redirected my traffic via Israeli servers, never logged me out even ONCE
Using Israeli servers to log on to IFG?!
You must have had something really urgent and important to post ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:14 pm

If the error page you saw was something like the image below

Then it means that the IFG server is experiencing some issue (most likely higher load than it can handle). The reason you see this error page in stead of an IFG domain error page is because we have been using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) service (to speed up page load times) for some months now.

As goodboy_mentor mentioned, the DNS servers of most Indian ISPs are not that great, so using more reliable public DNS servers like those mentioned by him seems sensible. I too have been using OpenDNS/ Google public DNS servers on my desktop/ notebook.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Thanks for the info abhijeet. That is exactly the error page that showed up few times on my cellphone since last evening.

Now that the problem has been clarified, people can rest in peace that the government is not out to block their specific log ins and wont have to resort to using "Israeli" servers for something as simple as logging into IFG :lol:
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:32 pm

mundaire wrote:If the error page you saw was something like the image below

http://i.stack.imgur.com/LNUYk.png

Then it means that the IFG server is experiencing some issue (most likely higher load than it can handle). The reason you see this error page in stead of an IFG domain error page is because we have been using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) service (to speed up page load times) for some months now.

As goodboy_mentor mentioned, the DNS servers of most Indian ISPs are not that great, so using more reliable public DNS servers like those mentioned by him seems sensible. I too have been using OpenDNS/ Google public DNS servers on my desktop/ notebook.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
I too got this error a few days ago when tried to log in to IFG for a couple of times but on my third attempt I was able to log in.