IP Monitoring by Sarkari Spooks

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IP Monitoring by Sarkari Spooks

Post by xl_target » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 pm

I have had my (previous) ISP's DNS servers go on the fritz too.

Some of the external DNS servers that I use are:
FreeDNS 37.235.1.174 or 37.235.1.177
Google Public DNS 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4
OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220

Get one of those entered in addition to your ISP's DNS servers.
Better still, enter both of those instead of your ISP's DNS servers and you should be good to go.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:31 am

i am watching you, you think i do not exit? you are right i do not exit . keep saying it and i am recording it for the day when 2 in the morning we will rock you.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:59 am

[quote="nagarifle" keep saying it and i am recording it for the day when 2 in the morning we will rock you.[/quote]

You're grinding up that naga chili right now, aren't you? :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:47 am

yes i have seen this screen sometime back dont remember when?
regards
dr.jk

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:01 am

jatindra Singh Deo wrote:too unwell to figure it out
Kya ho gaya??! Hope you're doing fine now?! Even I had this nasty sore throat running along riverside early morning in 'skimpy' clothes. (Cause of illness as described by wifey...) :lol:
goodboy_mentor wrote:I regularly visit many so called "objectionable" websites just to read the views. Have never experienced such thing till now. What were the symptoms? What troubleshooting steps were done to resolve the problem?
Guess you haven't "kicked up enuff sh*t yet then".. Good for you! Once these chumps get behind you, they can be a real pain.. Being on the wrong side of 'law' in India... Usually you'll suddenly start seeing 404s more often than you did earlier... ;)

I simply redirected my traffic, end to end ECC encryption, made it bounce off multiple servers quickly.. Its slower but basically your IP starts acting like a headless chicken on steroids.. They won't get a 'fix' very easily... :P

The 'intolerance' was actually sarcasm.. Like all those farzi poets & writers turning nationalist after losing their posh Bungalows & other Sarkari 'extra-official perks' just before Bihar elections, I decided to join the chorus too, albeit after the elections..! :twisted:
StampMaster wrote:I will be happy provide some help posting an article soon.

LED bulbs can be used for spying. Aadhaar has already ruined our life.

THIS IS WHY TECHNOLOGY IS GETTING CHEAP. To save yourself from all this nuisance, your memory, pen and paper will be the best friends as we all did in 1970's and 80's.

IF YOU CHOOSE SECURITY OVER FREEDOM. YOU GET NEITHER.
Hain! LEDs for spying?! & I was excitedly awaiting the dawn of Li-Fi..! :D
You & I must catch up sometime.. Perhaps we can post a set of do's & don'ts for others to stay secure online...

While its true that low tech humint tradecraft works true, its just not feasible anymore! The Paris attackers used PS4s to coordinate. Even Kashmiris are getting smarter than our forces. You would never catch them without off the air interceptors. The only way is forwards from here. If you're involved in something sensitive, you could try protecting your identity successfully for a while but ultimately they catch up!
jatindra Singh Deo wrote:Oh god lets not get into this men ,its the territory of speculation and ends up wrong in more than one way !

Denial of service on IFG !!!!!! DOS attacks by government on IFG is a little farfetched !
Arre the server hosting IFG must be hosting other sites too.. One of them might've come under a DOS by someone hogging up its resources. IFG suffered as a side effect! GOI don't need to DOS IFG, they would simply make the webmaster take it offline! :lol:
spin_drift wrote: if one receives something like 504 or 520 and that to often when visiting a site that could be indicative of MiTM attack.
At my end it threw something similar, hence MITM related OCD-behaviour! :D
kshitij wrote: Using Israeli servers to log on to IFG?!
You must have had something really urgent and important to post
:D

Actually its fairly simple once you know how to do it. Besides its imp to remind these bullish punks who's their daddy once in a while. I hate the idea of being cowed down by 'chirkut chors' (my lingo for script kiddies!). When these NTRO newbies were running in chundies, I was busy writing some geeky code! :twisted:
mundaire wrote: Then it means that the IFG server is experiencing some issue (most likely higher load than it can handle). The reason you see this error page in stead of an IFG domain error page is because we have been using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) service (to speed up page load times) for some months now.
Yes Sir! CDN is good! I've been bothered by the security implications since IFG has a lot of members from security forces, both serving & retired. There are certain people very hard at work to find out as much about them as they can. There have many ugly tales of electronic compromise within our ranks... :cry:

Another area of concern has been the accessibility of weapons information by all & sundry. In India knowledge of such facilities is hard to come by for common people with a Jihadist mindset. I'm concerned we inadvertently provide them with a ready reference of usable information..!

Regards,
Warrior Buddha
PS: Got a nice Assamese Khukhri gift from a fouji buddy on a holiday yesterday. I particularly like its balance & toughness! Basic carving on handle & wooden sheath. Not the best in looks department but Solid blade, good enuff for slashing flora & fauna alike! Need to get a leather sheath for it now! :D
If only I could learn to dance like a Naga with it..! :wink:
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:58 pm

main13 wrote:Another area of concern has been the accessibility of weapons information by all & sundry. In India knowledge of such facilities is hard to come by for common people with a Jihadist mindset. I'm concerned we inadvertently provide them with a ready reference of usable information..!
There never has been and never will be any illegal information allowed to be posted on IFG. Also, I really cannot comprehend why any "Jihadist" would need to come to IFG to look for information on guns, they can easily find enough info (legal or illegal) from tons of resources spread all over the web... besides they have a ready supply of whatever they need/ want in terms of training or materials from providers across the border.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:06 pm

May be one of the hosted site experienced the attack similar to one last year.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/technical-d ... os-attack/

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:48 pm

i was able to get some info about- Internet of Things..

Increasingly a large number of objects—including animals and people—are being assigned unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without human interaction. From handheld communication and entertainment devices (including televisions and webcams) to cars and household appliances and utilities (notably, smart meters), hundreds of objects now have IP addresses.

“In its extreme, everything can be connected to the Internet. It’s really just a matter of time, as these self-powered wireless-enabled computers become smaller and cheaper”. “Soon everything we do, both online and offline, will be recorded and stored forever.”

”Smart devices incorporated into the electric grid, vehicles—including autonomous vehicles—and household appliances are improving efficiency, energy conservation, and convenience. However, security industry analysts have demonstrated that many of these new systems can threaten data privacy, data integrity, or continuity of services. In the future, intelligence services might use the loT [Internet of Things] for identification, surveillance, monitoring, location tracking, and targeting for recruitment, or to gain access to networks or user credentials,”

The reality of ever-expanding panopticon surveillance was underscored last February when it was discovered Samsung Smart televisions listen to consumers. “Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party,” the corporation’s “privacy policy” for its internet connected television reads.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:54 pm

The reality of ever-expanding panopticon surveillance was underscored last February when it was discovered Samsung Smart televisions listen to consumers. “Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party,” the corporation’s “privacy policy” for its internet connected television reads.
"1984", anyone?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:35 pm

This is one of the reasons why open source software should be used and encouraged. Simple and effective answer to blanket surveillance is use of strongly encrypted connections for any type of communication.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:54 pm

StampMaster wrote:i was able to get some info about- Internet of Things..

Increasingly a large number of objects—including animals and people—are being assigned unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without human interaction. From handheld communication and entertainment devices (including televisions and webcams) to cars and household appliances and utilities (notably, smart meters), hundreds of objects now have IP addresses.

“In its extreme, everything can be connected to the Internet. It’s really just a matter of time, as these self-powered wireless-enabled computers become smaller and cheaper”. “Soon everything we do, both online and offline, will be recorded and stored forever.”

”Smart devices incorporated into the electric grid, vehicles—including autonomous vehicles—and household appliances are improving efficiency, energy conservation, and convenience. However, security industry analysts have demonstrated that many of these new systems can threaten data privacy, data integrity, or continuity of services. In the future, intelligence services might use the loT [Internet of Things] for identification, surveillance, monitoring, location tracking, and targeting for recruitment, or to gain access to networks or user credentials,”

The ubiquitous smartphone is perhaps the most dangerous snooping device.. The thing can report your location & more practically in realtime..!
essdee1972 wrote: "1984", anyone?
Sometimes I wonder who's worse - the Commies or the Capitalists.. Both exploit in their own ways.. Both cause wars.. :-/
goodboy_mentor wrote:This is one of the reasons why open source software should be used and encouraged. Simple and effective answer to blanket surveillance is use of strongly encrypted connections for any type of communication.
Open source is one of the solutions. Problem is when the govts don't get it by snooping, they get it by muscle! Already a lot of pages & sites are 404-ing nowadays.. Guess that's the 'price' we pay for all the phoren weapons-tech & investment pouring in... ;)

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:21 pm

There is no muscling open source mate ,nobody owns it .No owner no muscling ...ghost ! If you so desire ..

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:22 pm

main13 wrote:Open source is one of the solutions. Problem is when the govts don't get it by snooping, they get it by muscle! Already a lot of pages & sites are 404-ing nowadays.. Guess that's the 'price' we pay for all the phoren weapons-tech & investment pouring in... ;)
Governments do have muscles power, just search the net for "torture India" it will give the idea of the extent of abuse of muscle power. Only solution to this abuse is creating awareness among people so that they force the government to stop abuse of any kind of muscle power. This is one of the reasons why governments want to keep the people disarmed and disinformed.

Error 404 can come for various reasons including clandestine traffic manipulation the by ISP, for clandestine censorship on behalf of government or other reasons. Did you confirm the error is not being sent by the website you are trying to reach but by someone in the middle?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:37 am

there are other option such as tor borwser for surfing or open pgp of emails etc and signal messenger for cell phone. let the bu**** earn their money the hard way is what i say
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:01 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Governments do have muscles power, just search the net for "torture India" it will give the idea of the extent of abuse of muscle power. Only solution to this abuse is creating awareness among people so that they force the government to stop abuse of any kind of muscle power. This is one of the reasons why governments want to keep the people disarmed and disinformed.

Error 404 can come for various reasons including clandestine traffic manipulation the by ISP, for clandestine censorship on behalf of government or other reasons. Did you confirm the error is not being sent by the website you are trying to reach but by someone in the middle?
Yeah! They're employing Israeli hardware nowadays it seems. Lot of geek stuff used by NTRO chaps is Israeli..
Lot of websites are being blocked. While considering the security threats faced by India they're really handy stuff. At the same time they shouldn't become tools for implementing the diktats of foreign pressure groups...
nagarifle wrote:there are other option such as tor borwser for surfing or open pgp of emails etc and signal messenger for cell phone. let the bu**** earn their money the hard way is what i say
Yes sir! As 'mango-people' that's the best bet we have got... Accessing emails & social media accounts are fairly simple for these guys. Actually more bureaucracy than technology it takes...

The darknet has its own perils too. You never know the 'server' routing your clandestine traffic might itself be the snooper! ;)