Italian Mayor announces subsidy on gun ownership

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Italian Mayor announces subsidy on gun ownership

Post by mundaire » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:15 pm

See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... t-GUN.html

Mayor Gianluca Buonanno of Borgosesia in Piedmont, northern Italy is offering to pay citizens €250 towards the cost of purchasing a gun. He stated his move was towards allowing people to “defend themselves”.

He has also gone so far as to ask the European Commission to set up a similar fund. The money offered is about 30 per cent of the cost of a small pistol in Italy.

What do you think about this program?

Do you think the Government of India’s policies of artificially inflating the prices of LEGAL firearms and ammunition is detrimental to the safety of law abiding citizens?

After all India is probably the only country in the world where it is substantially cheaper (by many times) to purchase an illegal firearm, as compared to a similar licensed & legal firearm!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Italian Mayor announces subsidy on gun ownership

Post by kshitij » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Wow. That is some food for thought for our policy makers.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 pm

warae waw....this is height of RKBA
regards
dr,jk

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:03 am

In India, every one is out to make money including the government. This is the trend noticed by me in the last few years.
OFB as far as I remember has always been expensive, but now the NRAI that is supposed to promote the sport is also out to make money. Luckily they are providing the ammo at a reasonable cost, at the MRP recommended by OFB and reasonably priced imported ammo for shooters at the ranges. Whereas. it is not expected to give any subsidy but at least they can give cheaper by adding administration charges only and maybe some profit still supplying the ammo at less than the MRP.
They have gone overboard in the sale of Rifle and pistol that has no connection with the MRP and they are selling it at a price that is much higher than the inflated open market prices.
I have also seen the trend of affordable houses built and sold by the state housing boards. The were giving houses at a very reasonable cost but there was a lottery system as the number of people wanting to buy these houses was much higher. Now over the period of last few years the lottery system still remains but they have decided to sell it at the market price, not concerned about the affordability factor.

Off course they can provide subsidy on firearms, but only after they work out a system where they are able to ensure that the the subsidy or part of the subsidy goes into someones pocket. And secondly a system is in place to ensure that this subsidy is available only to the VIP's and special people. After all the Government belongs to them hence the money also belongs to them.
Once they get an idea that something like this (subsidy) is also possible they will start work on the calculation of how much is the volume that they can get the government to dole out, what would be its distribution and how they can take political advantage out of this move.
This is also not going to be a simple task as they have to ensure that the common man does not benefit out of this scheme.

Atul

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:26 pm

INDIA? waiting for the pigs to fly.

my two pigs havve't grown any wings yet, not holding my breath, this side of life any way
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Definitely a step in the right direction!! Our policies are obviously a far cry from this- maybe I am being too pessimistic but it occurred to me that the number of people that get to fill their pockets because of illegal arms would drastically reduce if policies were to be liberalized...

shifuhpanda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shifuhpanda » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:45 pm

SMJ, you are right.

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:16 pm

SMJ wrote:Definitely a step in the right direction!! Our policies are obviously a far cry from this- maybe I am being too pessimistic but it occurred to me that the number of people that get to fill their pockets because of illegal arms would drastically reduce if policies were to be liberalized...
SMJ,

How does it affect the inflow of illegal arms. The talk is about subsiding the cost of legal arms only.
The only pockets that may be filled on each subsidy, would be those of our friends, whom we elect to become part of the government.

Atul

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:50 am

nagarifle wrote:INDIA? waiting for the pigs to fly.

my two pigs havve't grown any wings yet, not holding my breath, this side of life any way
You have two pigs left?
I thought they would have been naga-chili spiced sausage by now.

SMJ wrote:
Definitely a step in the right direction!! Our policies are obviously a far cry from this- maybe I am being too pessimistic but it occurred to me that the number of people that get to fill their pockets because of illegal arms would drastically reduce if policies were to be liberalized...
SMJ,
How does it affect the inflow of illegal arms. The talk is about subsiding the cost of legal arms only.
The only pockets that may be filled on each subsidy, would be those of our friends, whom we elect to become part of the government.

Atul
I think he means that if legal arms were subsidized and readily available, fewer people would be tempted to purchase illegal arms.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:49 am

xl_target wrote: I think he means that if legal arms were subsidized and readily available, fewer people would be tempted to purchase illegal arms.
Subsidised arms have no connection with readily available arms. As you know the first requirement is ready availability and subsidy comes a distant second if it is a priority at all.
THIS IS MY INDIA.
Lets wait for Naga's pigs to fly that would be something to look forward to.

Atul

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Atul ji, XL Target... what I am trying to say is that for the purchase of illegal arms a lot of pockets need to be filled. In short, the kickbacks from the sale/purchase of illegal arms are far more lucrative than liberalizing policies where there would be zero or at best minimal bribes paid. All these massive kickbacks will go out of the window if policies are liberalized as one would hardly need to pay a bribe for a perfectly legal weapon. This is just my theory as I don't have any facts or data to back it up.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:32 am

SMJ wrote:Atul ji, XL Target... what I am trying to say is that for the purchase of illegal arms a lot of pockets need to be filled. In short, the kickbacks from the sale/purchase of illegal arms are far more lucrative than liberalizing policies where there would be zero or at best minimal bribes paid. All these massive kickbacks will go out of the window if policies are liberalized as one would hardly need to pay a bribe for a perfectly legal weapon. This is just my theory as I don't have any facts or data to back it up.
SMJ,

You are correct, no doubt about it and no data is required to back it up. This is also the exact fight of RKBA.
But here I was only talking about a subsidy on arms and that does not help RKBA in any way.

Atul