Denial of Arms License - Sports

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
404notfound
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Denial of Arms License - Sports

Post by 404notfound » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi all,

So the Delhi Police recently sent me a denial letter for my arms license application. The application was for Sports and Target Shooting and I had enclosed multiple certificates of Delhi State Interschool and UP State Shooting Championship in addition to proof of being a life member of UP State Rifle Association.

The reason stated is:
1) You do not have any good reason for grant of an arms license.
2) You do not have any specific threat.

This makes no sense considering the stated purpose of the license, and no further justification is provided. Would it be useful to talk to people in Delhi Police to reconsider this or is there no procedure for that?
Is appealing to the LG the only option?

Could anyone recommend a good lawyer for appealing to the LG and give me an idea of the costs and time involved in this?

Thanks a lot!
Regards,

For Advertising mail webmaster
miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Denial of Arms License - Sports

Post by miroflex » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:47 am

I would suggest you try talking to à DCP level officer first and try to convince her/him of the genuineness of your request for an arms licence. An appeal can always be preferred later, if necessary.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:14 pm

You have 30 days from the denial letter received date to apply for appeal to the appellate authority. Well I am not sure who will this appellate authority.

Contact your licensing authority and discuss your issues again and also find out who exactly is this appellate authority is (this person will be a senior bureaucrat like an IPS/IAS level officer).

Good luck.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Did you have an interview with anyone at the Licensing branch? If not, then you should first seek an appointment with the ACP/ DCP Licensing, meet him/ her and politely explain your case.

Regards,
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:19 am

I think you have to go in for an appeal and then the court, because of the unofficial communication the the LA's not to issue any fresh licenses for any purpose except 'self protection' with a valid reason and 'family heirloom' category.

Atul