ARMS RULES 2015. SUPPORT NAGRI TO GO TO COURT

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

ARMS RULES 2015. SUPPORT NAGRI TO GO TO COURT

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:10 pm

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=45
goodboy_mentor wrote:Sir Thank you. Probably NAGRI should think of approaching courts to settle this matter of RKBA once and for all.

I am starting this new thread because I believe that GBM's suggestion of going to court is a wonderful idea. I think if there are a large number of people giong to court together would be a help, but I do not understand legalities, court cases etc. I do not know if NAGRI has funds or not as I am sure that going to court costs money.

Therefor, I would like to propose my name to be part of this case if it helps, and am also willing to contribute my share of funds for going to court, if some one can work out the costing.

Regards

Atul

For Advertising mail webmaster
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: ARMS RULES 2015. SUPPORT NAGRI TO GO TO COURT

Post by spin_drift » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:28 am

I am already in talks with a lawyer about this. I'll meet him soon and try to finalize the whole thing.
GMB had given me a first draft of the writ some time back and i have sent that to the lawyer.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm

a fund raising would be the way to go, as fees can be 60k plus depending on various factors
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:18 am

Does not seem that a lot of people would come forward, except the few dedicated to the cause. Mostly members it seems are here to make a noise and give their opinion on what and how it should be done. But when it comes to doing the job is a different matter.
As for myself I have the least reason for getting involved as I have all the guns allowed on a License. Two more Licences also coming up that is a total of 9 guns at home.
However, I was the first one to volunteer my support so that others may benefit.
Lets see how many come forward for the cause....

Regards

Atul

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:40 am

no need to get upset as everyone wants something for noting and every one should run around for them. its the human nature
Nagarifle

pilot_625
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pilot_625 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:02 am

im in to contribute for the funds to move to the court ....

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:39 am

spin_drift wrote:I am already in talks with a lawyer about this. I'll meet him soon and try to finalize the whole thing.
GMB had given me a first draft of the writ some time back and i have sent that to the lawyer.
That was just a rough and incomplete draft to give an idea. Requesting you to wait for around 7 to 10 days. Will send you the complete draft.
aadhaulya wrote:Does not seem that a lot of people would come forward, except the few dedicated to the cause.
Please do not mind, just remember the Pareto Principle. It says roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. If not aware of the Pareto Principle, just search the internet, you will get the idea.

There are few dedicated individuals who have been working, are working, will work and try their best to make a difference. It may take some time.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:40 am

nagarifle wrote:a fund raising would be the way to go, as fees can be 60k plus depending on various factors
I may not be able to personally dedicate time to the cause. But least i could do is make my contribution in funding the effort. If NAGRI is taking up the initiative, i request them to please let me know how the funding needs to be done.
Last edited by kshitij on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Aadhaulya, there is a lot of work going on in this area and NAGRI is working to support the cause of RKBA in India- including putting in their suggestions to the amendments 2015. You already saw the recommendations TC and CaptRS put forward that were used by us.

The recommendations you have put forward about monetary contributions are very noble too but it is unwise to jump to the conclusion that members are not willing to contribute. Alot of NAGRI and RKBA supporters might not be active online members. The ones who truly contribute to NAGRI initiatives are the ones who talk about it the least. If you are keen you might want to get in touch with Mundaire, Captrakshitsharma and put forward your willingness to actively contribute.

I am quite sure an enthusiastic member like you could infuse NAGRI with a lot of energy :)

Cheers,
ADS

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:56 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
spin_drift wrote:I am already in talks with a lawyer about this. I'll meet him soon and try to finalize the whole thing.
That was just a rough and incomplete draft to give an idea. Requesting you to wait for around 7 to 10 days. Will send you the complete draft.
aadhaulya wrote:Does not seem that a lot of people would come forward, except the few dedicated to the cause.
Please do not mind, just remember the Pareto Principle. It says roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. If not aware of the Pareto Principle, just search the internet, you will get the idea.

There are few dedicated individuals who have been working, are working, will work and try their best to make a difference. It may take some time.
BRAVO well said goodboy_mentor & AgentDoubleS!

It may seem frustrating at times aadhaulya - I understand - but remember that old one - When the going gets tough, the tough get going! And of course patience. BTW great commitment - on your part - contribution to the cause. (y)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:54 pm

What an excellent idea GBM and Atulji (y) (y)

I read somewhere that there are now 2000+ members on this forum and growing. I suppose if ALL members on this forum contribute Rs 1000 - that's 20 lacs straightaway for lawyer fees (someone else had also mentioned this earlier) :) Not sure if that's enough though...

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:26 pm

for 20 lacs you can buy the home ministry
Nagarifle

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:32 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL i guess Nagarifle sir! This is India and well if that's what it takes :D

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:43 pm

If 10%contribute Rs.500 each we should be good.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:50 pm

Dear Members,

Thank you all for taking this initiative. New amendments in the arms law might be implemented end of this year (sometime in Nov 2015) http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22947. However to my understanding it is going to be much tougher to get a license once this is implemented.

It has always been an issue with the licensing authority to get license approved (or additional weapon).

I am happy to contribute to the group.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”