An Attempt by the USA to Prevent Gun Violence

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

An Attempt by the USA to Prevent Gun Violence

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Came across this video in Youtube, thought of sharing it here...

[youtube][/youtube]

The idea is good, to keep away irresponsible and people with no commonsense.
Some minority people in the US seems to treat firearms just like a daily use object like a remote or mobile phone.
They do not give due respect or care to it and act stupid, which is hurting the majority of responsible civilian Arms users/ owners to face the hard fact of public objections for Guns.

If FireArms are treated and used well and with respect, it will only save you and keep you protected.
These idiots who misuse or acting real stupid needs counselling and training.
Gun Control is not the solution, better training and attitude to Gun is..!!!

-Arvind S.

For Advertising mail webmaster
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: An Attempt by the USA to Prevent Gun Violence

Post by shooter » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 am

Whats so good about the idea?

Skewed stats: owning a gun makes you a more likely victim of homicide/gub death???? this is the premise of the video stated at the very beginning. So in the very beginning these makers presume guns dont protect.

Secondly they are lying to people:

Writing "we are here to help" the first time gun buyers. They are not helping them.

Saying .22 is a good gun for protection and "our most popular choice".

The gun didnt cause the accident; the person holding it did.

Using a semi .223 to draw on the emotions from the awful sandy hook tragedy.

In short essentially doing the same thing that the openly- anti gun brigade does.

And you think the idea is good.

If they are trying to scare first time buyers away, how is it keeping irresponsible people away?
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:50 am

This is the crux of the matter. If anyone fails to see that they need a lesson in logic.
The above video is nothing but an attempt to shame gun owners and to hold them accountable for the actions of others.

In the USA, more people are killed and injured in auto accidents and more people die of drowning than are killed by firearms.
I don't see where anti gun advocates are calling for the banning of cars or swimming pools.
Anytime you hear a gun banner talk about "common sense", you can be sure that they will display a significant lack of the same.

In some areas of the US, guns are in fact as common as cellphones. However, as Shooter mentions, a firearm is an inanimate object and cannot do anything by itself. With some people, anti-gun fanaticism has reached the point where it is like a religion. Nothing you do or say can sway their minds that it is an inanimate object itself that is the root of all evil.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Armed Defence » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:09 am

Nobody disagrees with the need for gun safety but this is an anti -gun video. Please remove it

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:13 am

What is interesting about the video is that the "shop" claims to have the actual weapons used in known crimes.

Now I know that weapons used in crimes are held by law-enforcement agencies until a verdict is reached. What happens to the weapons after that? Who owns them or who stores them? The shop claims to have weapons from crimes as recently as 2012 and as far as I can tell the crimes have been committed all over the US. How did the actual weapons used in these acts end up in one shop? Either there is some connivance/cooperation of law enforcement agencies, or these weapons have all been bought up by a specific group. How can that happen? Are they auctioned or what?

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 am

You're correct in questioning that, Bennedose. Most of those guns, especially those used in recent crimes are still in official custody. Some go to various law enforcement labs (like the FBI crime labs) and are kept there, forever, for forensic testing purposes

They are lying, those are not the actual weapons used in those crimes.
Watch the "store empolyee" when the customers asks if that is the actual handgun used.
The customer asks (twice); "this is the gun that the kid used"? The store employee doesn't answer.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:32 am

xl_target wrote: They are lying, those are not the actual weapons used in those crimes.
Watch the "store empolyee" when the customers asks if that is the actual handgun used.
The customer asks (twice); "this is the gun that the kid used"? The store employee doesn't answer.
So the premise of the store is to shock, rather than inform, while ostensibly inviting people to buy.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:39 am

From the series on YouTube - Tales of the Gun
The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced… Served both hero and villain alike… and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history.
[youtube][/youtube]

I guess some people really don't understand! It was and still is a tool! :(
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Is this thread some kind of a lame joke? How does the video even make sense and what is the point of sharing it here?!
I love guns, love to shoot, does that mean there is a mass murderer lurking within me? Or does it want to say guns are bad and me liking guns makes me a bad person? And what if i were at the receiving end of the tragic shootings, am i expected to fight back with my "righteous" decision of not owning a gun?!

These guys wanted to do a social experiment kind of thing to justify an anti-gun stand and they found some bakras to do it.

"Every gun has a history, let not repeat it" LMAO! They will need to do better than that to keep me from guns.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:14 pm

xl_target wrote:
This is the crux of the matter. If anyone fails to see that they need a lesson in logic.
The above video is nothing but an attempt to shame gun owners and to hold them accountable for the actions of others.
Exactly my point, thats why I mentioned this in my intial post:-
Ultimate Sniper wrote:If FireArms are treated and used well and with respect, it will only save you and keep you protected.
These idiots who misuse or acting real stupid needs counselling and training.
Gun Control is not the solution, better training and attitude to Gun is..!!!
kshitij wrote:Is this thread some kind of a lame joke? How does the video even make sense and what is the point of sharing it here?!
I love guns, love to shoot, does that mean there is a mass murderer lurking within me? Or does it want to say guns are bad and me liking guns makes me a bad person? And what if i were at the receiving end of the tragic shootings, am i expected to fight back with my "righteous" decision of not owning a gun?!

These guys wanted to do a social experiment kind of thing to justify an anti-gun stand and they found some bakras to do it.

"Every gun has a history, let not repeat it" LMAO! They will need to do better than that to keep me from guns.
@kshitij - Please do not attack me my friend, its not me who created this video.
I just came across this and thought of sharing it here, you can take it as a joke or a social experiment, upto you.
Am not against FireArms at all, by no means, moreover am an avid gun fan from childhood and will definitely try to get an arms license soon, so please do not take it as a negative publicity. Also as you said, this video is not at all enough to keep me away from guns.
But just give it a thought, if our father, mother, wife or siblings who are not much into guns, happens to come across this video, it is more than enough (forget the firsthand experience of stepping into the said store) to have strong hindrance and objection against us buying a FireArm for lifetime.
So this video cant be looked at as 'Prevention of Gun Violence', but an attempt for 'Gun Control'.
Strong campaigns like this can enlarge the current group of anti-gun activists across nations, thats a reason to worry, I feel.

-Arvind S.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:18 pm

bennedose wrote:What happens to the weapons after that? Who owns them or who stores them?
I'm not sure of the legalities of this. I do know that, when I was younger, guns that the police confiscated for one reason or another were either thrown into the blast furnaces of the steel mills or dumped into Lake Michigan.
bennedose wrote:The shop claims to have weapons from crimes as recently as 2012 and as far as I can tell the crimes have been committed all over the US.
Personally, I think that this is a bunch of hooey.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:39 pm

timmy wrote:
And we have a winner....

I'll write more from a different computer later. posting this from a tiny one.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/03/nysrpa- ... iolations/

Basically not only is the video a fraud but quite a few serious laws were broken during the filming. Many of these items are illegal to possess in New York City, and ALL are illegal to let an unlicensed person handle. However, suppose they are not real guns but toys or movie props? Well apparently those are illegal too unless they have an orange band painted around the muzzle, so even if they are fake guns there are still serious felony laws being broken. However, history has proven if you break laws making anti-gun propaganda you will not be prosecuted.Here is an example of that:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2090744
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 am

This video is a fraud. It was staged by a gun control group in a phony "gun shop", set up for the purpose of catching dummies and making the "gun culture" look stupid.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:11 pm

Mark wrote:
timmy wrote:
And we have a winner....I'll write more from a different computer later. posting this from a tiny one.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/03/nysrpa- ... iolations/

Basically not only is the video a fraud but quite a few serious laws were broken during the filming. Many of these items are illegal to possess in New York City, and ALL are illegal to let an unlicensed person handle. However, suppose they are not real guns but toys or movie props? Well apparently those are illegal too unless they have an orange band painted around the muzzle, so even if they are fake guns there are still serious felony laws being broken. However, history has proven if you break laws making anti-gun propaganda you will not be prosecuted.Here is an example of that:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2090744
LIKE, LIKe, LIke, Like, like....Mark, timmy, TwoRivers etc. - forgive me - duh!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:46 pm

hooey
[hoo-ee] Informal.

noun
silly or worthless talk, writing, ideas, etc.; nonsense; bunk: "That's a lot of hooey and you know it!"
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman