New 2015 Amendments to Act - a sham? - ECO TIMES

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New 2015 Amendments to Act - a sham? - ECO TIMES

Post by spin_drift » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:48 pm

I am in talks with a couple of lawyers to take the matter of RKBA to the Supreme Court. The only reason i am holding out right now is because NAGRI is trying to deal with the situation and I've no intention of stepping on its toes.

@Abhijeet and Captain, do let me if you guys intend to go to court on this matter.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

For Advertising mail webmaster
gwattal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gwattal » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:44 am

dont manufacturers like Colt, S&W know how big a market India is ?

gwattal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gwattal » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:11 am

some important links

http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... nt2014.PDF

It seems there is a 45 days limit for the police report to come else the officer will face action !
http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... 060410.pdf

http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... 070111.pdf

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:33 pm

spin_drift wrote:I am in talks with a couple of lawyers to take the matter of RKBA to the Supreme Court. The only reason i am holding out right now is because NAGRI is trying to deal with the situation and I've no intention of stepping on its toes.
I don't think approaching court will hurt the cause of NAGRI in any manner.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

BITTU1459
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BITTU1459 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:16 am

are they giving permission to sell their product in civil market or only limited to govt organization.

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:37 pm

This threat perception thing cannot be allowed to intrude into the Arms Act or it will be almost irremovable then.
Guys it may soon be that time again. When IFG and NAGRI had to mobilize and make some noise to stall the amendments of 2010.
Be ready to impart any kind of help/volunteering that may be needed.
It'll be knockout for us if we missed a single of the Government;s moves.

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Virendra S Rathore wrote:This threat perception thing cannot be allowed to intrude into the Arms Act or it will be almost irremovable then.
Guys it may soon be that time again. When IFG and NAGRI had to mobilize and make some noise to stall the amendments of 2010.
Be ready to impart any kind of help/volunteering that may be needed.
It'll be knockout for us if we missed a single of the Government;s moves.

Regards,
Virendra

Agree with Virendra sir.

And about imminent threat... Now a days everyone is in threat... Se the crime statistics.

Regards,
Ankur

mnbvcxzaq1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mnbvcxzaq1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:24 pm

spin_drift, goodboy_mentor & all those who are inclined towards approaching the courts, i have a humble suggestion. i seriously think that the court route should not be the primary focus of our collective efforts. of course, individually, one is free to approach the courts. but if we approach courts collectively at this stage, it is most likely to be counter-productive to the notion of RKBA. the primary focus of collective effort should be on creating a pro-gun environment, by carefully addressing our targets ( e.g. legislative members, bureaucrats, general masses, sportspersons). increasing the awareness among masses can safely be done by encouraging/highlighting the sports of shooting, instead of directly promoting guns. taking the judicature-route (especially as a group) may be pre-emtive and counter-productive at this stage because if you get an adverse judgment by the apex court on this, your fate is sealed for good. the judges/judgments as well as the laws/legislatives reflect the prevailing trend in the society as a whole. so, one will have to address each of the important segment of the society, if one wants a favourable judgment in its favour. otherwise, the general mood is in favour of a restrictive gun control regime. one will have to change this from anti to pro gun policies. this change is less likely to happen through the judicature. thats why i would sincerely suggest to have the collective focus on winning over the legislative members n bureaucrats n general masses through promotion of shooting sports. n here, i find that NAGRI's approach is in consonance with this strategy.
anyway, these are my personal views. everyone is entitled to have his/her own view on the matter. i am just a new entrant to your forum. but still i thought of giving you guys my two cents. i just hope i didn't un-necessarily ruffle anyone's feather.
it seems