Canadian Court Deems Air Guns as "Firearms"

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Canadian Court Deems Air Guns as "Firearms"

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:23 am

TwoRivers wrote:Briha, you obviously fail to comprehend government. Government is all powerful, and can define anything anyway it wants to. Common sense and physical laws be damned. The US state of Pennsylvania includes (or did) slingshots under the definition of "firearms". Anything that projects a projectile. :D
No they didn't, and that has never been the definition of a firearm in Pennsylvania.

On the subject, airguns are definitely not firearms in the US. And there is no muzzle energy limit. However, there are a cities and at least one state (New Jersey) that consider them firearms in some way.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:05 am

Sigh :( !

I must now, seriously plan on surrendering my F-16 - I guess it must be banned; you can't legally own a jet fighter in Canada can you?

Daisy® Powerline F-16 Slingshot

ROTFL
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:44 am

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:
TwoRivers wrote:Briha, you obviously fail to comprehend government. Government is all powerful, and can define anything anyway it wants to. Common sense and physical laws be damned. The US state of Pennsylvania includes (or did) slingshots under the definition of "firearms". Anything that projects a projectile. :D
No they didn't, and that has never been the definition of a firearm in Pennsylvania.

On the subject, airguns are definitely not firearms in the US. And there is no muzzle energy limit. However, there are a cities and at least one state (New Jersey) that consider them firearms in some way.
They most certainly did. How long have you lived in PA?

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:30 pm

TwoRivers - They most certainly did. How long have you lived in PA?
Really TwoRivers was there a ban - really, on slingshots? OR am I reading your message all wrong? Maybe we are talking FPS and Airguns? :D

Sorry, DUH!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:21 am

ckkalyan wrote:
TwoRivers - They most certainly did. How long have you lived in PA?
Really TwoRivers was there a ban - really, on slingshots? OR am I reading your message all wrong? Maybe we are talking FPS and Airguns? :D

Sorry, DUH!
No, there was no ban, but the definition of "firearms" in state law included slingshots.