Carrying a pistol with out a magazine..

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Carrying a pistol with out a magazine..

Post by farook » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:53 am

Bangalore lately has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. Here is why we should be ready with it if its to of any use at all.....

An ex-serviceman approached the police after his licensed pistol was robbed by four miscreants.

The gang snatched the 0.32 calibre pistol from former army officer M Adiprasad when he took it out of his pocket to threaten them, after they had assaulted him near Laggere in R G Nagar on July 28.

Cops have nabbed three youths— Satish, Anoop, and Ashok — and the fourth, Santosh, is absconding. The stolen pistol has also been recovered.

Adiprasad reportedly put in 17 years of service in the Indian Army before retiring in 2011. Subsequently, the 39-year-old applied for and was issued a licenced 0.32 calibre pistol from the government. He thought the pistol licence could get him a job as a guard in a bank or a security firm. He had also begun attending interviews for the same, police said.

On July 28, Adiprasad gave an interview in Marathahalli and went to Subramanyanagar for lunch at his sister's house. It was around 8:45 pm on his way home when he decided to stop at a nearby bar on Laggere Ring Road for a drink.

After consuming a bottle of beer, the ex-serviceman walked outside the bar around 11 pm. He allegedly got into a verbal altercation with an unidentified youth near CMH bar, Chowdeshwarinagar, Laggere. As the youth crossed the road and began running away, an irate Adiprasad reportedly decided to follow him and question his rude behaviour.

When he confronted the youth, he found himself surrounded by three others. One of them reportedly punched him in the left eye, while the others caught hold of him. Thinking he could scare the gang off, he brandished his pistol - not loaded with a magazine - and pretended as though he would fire it. A struggle ensued, with the youths snatching the pistol from Adiprasad and fleeing. Since he had been hit in the eye, he told police he was unable to chase them.

The next day, he lodged a complaint with Rajagopal Nagar police.
From here http://www.bangaloremirror.com/bangalor ... 94757.cms?
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Carrying a pistol with out a magazine..

Post by nagarifle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:29 am

not really, the moral of the story should be " if you point a gun at someone then you better be prepared to fire it." or else do not point. pointing is also rude.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:57 am

An office never relinquishes his weapon...... lollzzzzz...

Why did he have to chase the guy, to question his rude behaviour ? Lucky chap did'nt get himself killed with his stupidity.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:33 am

Moin Saab, getting even factor is a common aspect in just about every army man, they always want to have the last word. A civilian would have probably just walked away. The point here is have a gun ready or it might end up in the wrong hands..
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:47 am

farook wrote:Moin Saab, getting even factor is a common aspect in just about every army man, they always want to have the last word. A civilian would have probably just walked away. The point here is have a gun ready or it might end up in the wrong hands..
its not the last word but the last page that they want worries me most.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:26 pm

farook wrote:Moin Saab, getting even factor is a common aspect in just about every army man, they always want to have the last word. A civilian would have probably just walked away. The point here is have a gun ready or it might end up in the wrong hands..
Agreed Farooksaab. Being an ex officer he should have known better. Brandishing a firearm at someone also amounts to criminal intimidation punishable under IPC . Should people be flashing firearms unless one feels there is a viable threat to ones life or property ? Firstly under the influence of alchohol, then you chase the guy, try to scare them with unloaded firearm, have your butt whipped and gun stolen... lolzz funny I think...wonder what the cops wrote in the FIR..

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:53 pm

The language is horrible but if the information in the report is correct then I see holes in the story.
It was around 8:45 pm on his way home when he decided to stop at a nearby bar on Laggere Ring Road for a drink.

After consuming a bottle of beer, the ex-serviceman walked outside the bar around 11 pm. He allegedly got into a verbal altercation with an unidentified youth near CMH bar, Chowdeshwarinagar, Laggere. As the youth crossed the road and began running away, an irate Adiprasad reportedly decided to follow him and question his rude behaviour.
The man walked into the bar at 8.45 pm and left at 11 pm. Am I to believe that a former Army jawan or a JCO maybe (its obvious from the report that he was not an officer) took 2 hours and 15 minutes to consume just one bottle of beer ? Having dealt with a few hundred cases like this, I doubt.

The man was probably in an inebriated state and invited trouble under stress (he was looking for a job they say and the pistol was his only hope). The report does not say the other side of the story, which is very a vital factor in journalism. However it does mention that it was he who chased the youth and pulled out his pistol when the others came in. The youths might have thought he would kill them and were desperate to save themselves. Whether the magazine was in the gun or not is of no consequence here, neither does it go in the man's defence. A gun pointed at someone is supposed to be loaded and lethal. There is no mention of the youths being armed. So, here was a former army jawan who should be physically fit enough to tackle the situation with a counter punch or simply run away but instead decides to point a pistol at three unarmed men. Was he about to get killed ? NO.

In my honest opinion this man should be penalised for brandishing a firearm under the influence of alcohol and his licence seized. A firearm is not a toy and is supposed to be used ONLY when someone's life is in danger. We don't live in the wild West nor in a masala Hindi film. It is because of these jokers that licensing authorities get the courage to turn down legitimate claims for firearm ownership.

TC

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:54 pm

You should positively absolutly certainly beileve this guy's story, yeah I totally do !!!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Mozzad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mozzad » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 am

I am pretty sure he was drunk.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:12 am

In the army, there are several units which never come close to firing a gun, whether in anger or not. The chap might have been a clerk in CSD. Or a dumper driver in BRO. Just being an "ex-Army man" doesn't make one a "fighter". I personally knew a Colonel in CSD who would probably have a heart attack if he ran even 20 metres (how his uniforms fit his spherical form was a mystery)!

Carrying an unloaded gun, and brandishing it to threaten people, do not seem to be behaviours of someone who is trained to live by the gun, as a normal fighting soldier is.

Good thing he chose to have an altercation with unarmed people! I hate to visualise the scenario where he draws on someone quicker on the trigger, carrying a loaded gun!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:54 am

Hi
As I told before a man can be judged by the way he drinks & behaves after.......Few days back heard a story where a jeweler merchant from Mumbai probably draws his gun after getting drunk. These few pea headed men are creating obstruction to armament to civilians. Brothers dont get me wrong, think of 100 of such incidents occurring everyday. Unless & until we can change our mentality nothing is going to change.
regards Moulindu