Why need guns?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Why need guns?

Post by Pran » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:51 pm

This video is a very convincing one-

[youtube][/youtube]

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

For Advertising mail webmaster
chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Why need guns?

Post by chandrashekhar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 pm

political gunda's...... :deadhorse:

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:18 am

Shouldn't both parties in that video have guns?

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:18 am

A gun here would have done more damage than this.
regards
dr.jk

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Dr.JK,
Are you of the opinion that the toll booth operator resign to his fate and get beaten up every time some idiot loses his cool?
Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Pran wrote:Dr.JK,
Are you of the opinion that the toll booth operator resign to his fate and get beaten up every time some idiot loses his cool?
Pran
.some toll gates do have security with guns,but i doubt they will ever use it.
Imagine you are the toll operator and have gun,how will you react?
regards
dr.jk

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:57 am

Dear dr. jaykumar,
How can you predict the future?
How did you reach this conclusion?
RKBA is not just about having a license its also about defence and against tyranny.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:12 am

There's so many variables here. Its difficult to reach a right or wrong answer. I'll explain from a NZ perspective. NZ has one of the world's highest ratios of firearms ownership and also a very low rate of firearms related crimes. This boils down to a number of factors some of which are:
Strict protocol observed before a license is issued. They wont make it difficult for one to get a licence but display a frivolous attitude and you're doomed to play with airsoft.
High level of acceptance and education on firearms -they're seen as tools rather than a secret desirable status symbol (as in quite a few parts of India)
Strict regulation of handguns. It's almost impossible to own one. If you are part of a pistol club and have the endorsement to own one you must only carry it from home to club and back and then too always in a case with magazine unloaded and stored separate. This boils down to zero tolerance of using firearms for self defence unless you can prove a credible threat level that needed a firearm to combat it. In most cases that would be a threat with a weapon. Now in this case if this had happened in NZ the use of a keyboard, a few slaps etc would not count as a credible threat deeming the use of a firearm and if a firearm had been used prosecution would be guaranteed. On the other hand if the goons had whipped out a knife and made a thrust then I suspect use of a firearm would be deemed justifiable.
Any which ways I'm just stating an opinion. Personally I cannot stand this kind of bullying, it makes my blood boil and I'd stand up to it with any means at my disposal.