what a simple common man can do to support RKBA

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
gaurav0101
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

what a simple common man can do to support RKBA

Post by gaurav0101 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:13 am

hello friends, I joined ifg about 8 months back. At first I came here simply for the love of guns then after reading here about our limited rights to RKBA and legal complications to get arm license I want to do my bit to support RKBA.I also read some people saying that not many are coming forward to support the issue.But how a aam aadmi can support this issue and show his disagreement to government policies against RKBA.

For Advertising mail webmaster
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: what a simple common man can do to support RKBA

Post by spin_drift » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:45 am

For now join NAGRI.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:55 am

promote NAGRI
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

gaurav0101
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gaurav0101 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:24 am

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely join nagri.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:56 am

thats great , you can also download the application forms and ask your family friends to join as well
Nagarifle

waltherppk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by waltherppk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:50 am

Things are progressing, there is hope. Last week the Chief Patron of Nagri Shri Digvijay Singh met with the Home Minister Rajnath Singh and the document that the previous home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had sighed in being adopted hopefully.

Rajnath Singh said he was also flooded with similar complaints from hundreds of people in his own constituency.

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 am

To Nagarifle : I have downloaded the form from the site and sent the filled form at the address mentioned. How long will it take t get the confirmation of the membership and what all formalities to follow. Do we have any forum members in Bangalore? Is there a regular meeting in Bangalore.
Regards,
RR

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:12 pm

not sure what the time period for confirmation now days is, as NAGRI does not have employed staff, thus once they get the form consider yourself enrolled. if you want a confirmation write on the application form that could they email you of confirmation. the form is simple enough to fill up. no formalities are required as such.

sure there are many members there, best is as the mods to direct you as best person to contact.
Nagarifle

chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by chandrashekhar » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:38 pm

here some friends are suggested you to nagri ,i joined nagri more than one year before but i didn't got any reply or acknowledgement from nagri.....here we must need response from nagri ....i think nagri is responding only to VIP's ......please excuse me if i am hurting somebody here who is connected closely to nagri ....but my dear friends this is the truth after you applied for membership of nagri you will never get a single call from nagri......then you will doubt that your post reached nagri or not?......i don't know why they do like this?...... :oops:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:22 pm

chandrashekhar wrote:here some friends are suggested you to nagri ,i joined nagri more than one year before but i didn't got any reply or acknowledgement from nagri.....here we must need response from nagri ....i think nagri is responding only to VIP's ......please excuse me if i am hurting somebody here who is connected closely to nagri ....but my dear friends this is the truth after you applied for membership of nagri you will never get a single call from nagri......then you will doubt that your post reached nagri or not?......i don't know why they do like this?...... :oops:
i can see your point and i do agree with what you say, even i have not received any confirmation etc, however i am a member.
however if one knows how Nagri is paid for and how many paid employees it has then one may be better in understanding the problem with lack of response.

there is no funding for NAGRI, no income and no donation etc are at the moment is being asked for. all the board members are unpaid volunteers who give up there money and time to NAGRI. Also one must know that they also have regular work and family etc.

I am sure that in due course they will contact and let everyone know. As i have said i did not get a response but i know i am a member by virtue of sending an application form. so do not disrepair, keep sending the form from friends and family.
Nagarifle

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Pardon my ignorance but exactly what does NAGRI do?

On the subject of what "common man" can do my personal observations are
1. Promote guns as a sport. Make plinking and target shooting honourable and acceptable.Do not shy away from displaying your commitment as long you are not doing anything illegal. Show that you are a normal sports person like a cricketer or a badminton player.
2. Be careful about blindly cheering news reports where guns were used without having the full facts in hand. It is very easy to be cheering the wrong party and end up with egg on one's face and a self goal scored againt RKBA as a group of people who simply cheer whenever someone uses a gun. Mature understanding and discussion about whether the gun was used legitimately and appropriately would be a better indicator of maturity among the group.
3. When it comes to discussing self defence, do not score a self goal by saying that guns are the only method. Be honest about things like pepper spray and stun guns, but point out that a firearm is superior to any of these. Be aware of situations in which guns may be useful and situations in which they may be useless. Be aware of ways in which safety can be ensured without resorting to any weapon. Apply those situations to day to day life in India rather than lifting from the American experience. I see that happening too often.
4. Go through a firearms training course if possible.
5. Buy and keep an air rifle - which are legal but require similar safety measures in handling
6. Be willing to promote and join a debate and try not to use examples imported from America to justify firearm ownership. The differences in the law and implementation in the two countries are too large.

gaurav0101
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gaurav0101 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Hello bennedose.. thanks for your valuable observations.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Nagarifle

chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by chandrashekhar » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:28 pm

nagarifle wrote:
chandrashekhar wrote:here some friends are suggested you to nagri ,i joined nagri more than one year before but i didn't got any reply or acknowledgement from nagri.....here we must need response from nagri ....i think nagri is responding only to VIP's ......please excuse me if i am hurting somebody here who is connected closely to nagri ....but my dear friends this is the truth after you applied for membership of nagri you will never get a single call from nagri......then you will doubt that your post reached nagri or not?......i don't know why they do like this?...... :oops:
i can see your point and i do agree with what you say, even i have not received any confirmation etc, however i am a member.
however if one knows how Nagri is paid for and how many paid employees it has then one may be better in understanding the problem with lack of response.

there is no funding for NAGRI, no income and no donation etc are at the moment is being asked for. all the board members are unpaid volunteers who give up there money and time to NAGRI. Also one must know that they also have regular work and family etc.

I am sure that in due course they will contact and let everyone know. As i have said i did not get a response but i know i am a member by virtue of sending an application form. so do not disrepair, keep sending the form from friends and family.
:agree:

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Naga,

Very well said.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."