Should NAGRI publicize its movement or not?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
TheTruth
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Should NAGRI publicize its movement or not?

Post by TheTruth » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 am

I was very happy to hear of NAGRI's progress, but it took the government a very long time to listen to it. Even now, elections approach, and what happens to the proposals will depend on the next government. In light of this, I want to ask you all whether we should try to spread the word around? I came to know about IFG and later NAGRI because I am a gun enthusiasts who strongly supports RKBA. But the layman doesn't know much and his content in his pond. On the other hand, Indian media being what it is, it could also prove detrimental as they would in their own sinister ways oppose RKBA. I just want to know what opinions do the esteemed members of this club have.

For Advertising mail webmaster
shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Should NAGRI publicize its movement or not?

Post by shooter.177cal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:44 pm

yes definitely they should publicize it but only in a definite way which is following: (as per my thinking)

FEAR is a great motivator, time has come that gun enthusiasts should use FEAR to their advantage to win support from general public.

NAGRI would need to show videos and stuff where illegal weapons kill and wound citizens. They should personally visit illegal arms factories and ask for their opinion on gun laws. In their opinions, NAGRI should present that criminals think that Indian policy of reducing firearms is great as it makes criminals job of looting people a lot safe and easy.

It should be an emotional video and a video which should raise one's hair. In the videos/stuff NAGRI should show that criminals are feared of armed citizens. It should include statements from criminals, who would say that they would never ever commit crime against a person who is armed.

Video should show plight of women who are daily harassed by illegal handun ("katta") bearing gangsters/stuff and are eventually used deadly force upon, a condition where may women may have been saved if she had a gun.

IMP: Also, include statements from police officers (face blurred). In the statement police officials should say that they can't do anything to protect law and order (actually they can't or don't want to) as criminals have high jugads.

I know it sounds UGLY but I feel it is the only way.

to moderators: please delete this post if NAGRI actually decides to any of this stuff.

Request for IFGians opinion on this:

NAGRI may be politically connected but it lacks common people integrations into it ? In India VOTES drive the agenda. Till now, I have not seen any MP contestant saying that he will work for gun law relaxations. (politicians may say this internally but never ever on TV, stage etc.)

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm

With guns linked to possible muscle flexing in elections,this probably wont find much takes at this time unless some gun enthusiast politician takes it up-my guess!

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:04 pm

there are plenty of gun enthusiast politicos(thank god for that) and NAGRI is well connected. but only a very few people know about ifg or NAGRI.we should change that. even the majority army officers do not know about NAGRI.my uncle is in the army and we heard of these 2 orgs. only a few months ago . :)
i am a staunch supporter of gun control. So come on,steady hands,good breathing and BANG.pew pew pew. bullseye!!! :D

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Whether NAGRI should publicise the cause is not something that needs debating.What it needs is the members here to sign up and also spread the word among friends and acquaintances and ensure that they become members too.So, may I ask have you done that?

http://gunowners.in/join-nagri.html

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 pm

I spoke to few politicians (from BJP and Cong) and they all seems to be aware of NAGRI, but the impression i got from them is this they do not consider gun rights to be a vote attracting issue and hence none of them showed much interest in RKBA.

The problem here is the general public is not aware of their rights related to RKBA and self defense laws.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

TheTruth
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by TheTruth » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:11 pm

I do not have a gun license right now, and NAGRI requires you to be a gun owner. As i stated before, i have returned to India from abroad only three years back and have just reached the legal age of gun ownership last october. Acquiring a license takes time, money and repo, but I am already in the process. My father on the other hand is a veteran in this field but he has not returned yet to India. Therefore I am doing what I can in this while, and have even contacted license holders in my circle to convince them to join NAGRI. The general situation, as spin_drift said, is a lack of awareness, EVEN among license holders who do not know more than "rifle, pistal ,revalvar". No good knowledge of bores, no knowledge that of better quality weapons, and no knowledge of RKBA. Therefore I feel that we should spread the word around.

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:17 pm

TheTruth wrote:I do not have a gun license right now, and NAGRI requires you to be a gun owner.
I'm not sure in what context this point is. But if you're talking about membership of NAGRI, no being a gun owner is not a prerequisite.
Thanks for your efforts.
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

waltherppk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by waltherppk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:53 am

Nagri needs to be on all leading channels and debate its cause with full force. We need to be heard. Believe me there will be more support than opposition.

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:37 pm

shooter.177cal wrote:yes definitely they should publicize it but only in a definite way which is following: (as per my thinking)

FEAR is a great motivator, time has come that gun enthusiasts should use FEAR to their advantage to win support from general public.

NAGRI would need to show videos and stuff where illegal weapons kill and wound citizens. They should personally visit illegal arms factories and ask for their opinion on gun laws. In their opinions, NAGRI should present that criminals think that Indian policy of reducing firearms is great as it makes criminals job of looting people a lot safe and easy.

It should be an emotional video and a video which should raise one's hair. In the videos/stuff NAGRI should show that criminals are feared of armed citizens. It should include statements from criminals, who would say that they would never ever commit crime against a person who is armed.

Video should show plight of women who are daily harassed by illegal handun ("katta") bearing gangsters/stuff and are eventually used deadly force upon, a condition where may women may have been saved if she had a gun.

IMP: Also, include statements from police officers (face blurred). In the statement police officials should say that they can't do anything to protect law and order (actually they can't or don't want to) as criminals have high jugads.

I know it sounds UGLY but I feel it is the only way.

to moderators: please delete this post if NAGRI actually decides to any of this stuff.

Request for IFGians opinion on this:

NAGRI may be politically connected but it lacks common people integrations into it ? In India VOTES drive the agenda. Till now, I have not seen any MP contestant saying that he will work for gun law relaxations. (politicians may say this internally but never ever on TV, stage etc.)
I agree with you, but Abhijeet ji and Captain Sahab must not be doing this because they must have thought something else, something better..... We can individually challenge illogical acts, clauses, file RTIs etc etc and whatever we can acquire as a result, we can share with NAGRI, which may be used to support our cause.....

Regards,