NAGRI's proposals move forward

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: NAGRI's proposals move forward

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:31 am

The MHA sent in their request for feedback from state governments soon after the 108 MPs submitted their letter to the Prime Minister in 2012. However, just 9 state governments responded within the stipulated time frame. The current letter sent out to state governments is a reminder for them to submit their views, else it will be assumed that they have none. Unfortunately, this is the pace at which the government works. On the flip side, one must give them credit for not bulldozing through like they did in early 2010, albeit at the insistence of a misguided minister!

I will presently upload the exact letter sent out to the state governments along with suggestions made by the MPs... EDIT - please see attached circular.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:18 am

Allow import of one firearm.Does this mean import using postal service or one has to travel abroad and then bring in one firearm? Could someone please clarify?
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:31 am

mr mundaire
i have seen that repotrt in 2012 and its ans was also sent back to mha in 2012.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:46 am

yes mha sent
some orders and some replied including state of haryana with instruction to grant liceses under policy 2010 which was UNCONTUTIONL in any form

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 am

I thank everyone,who had taken so much trouble to get this to reach this stage.hope and pray its accepted.
i am all smiles when i read this.
regards
dr.jk

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:46 am

ashokgodara wrote:mr mundaire
The official letter is posted here in relation to the above posted articles from the Hindustan Times dated 11 & 12 March 2014. It is abundantly clear from the above that this is a reminder to the Madhya Pradesh Govt. to send in their views as they have not responded thus far. In fact it is stated that only 9 states have sent in their views.

The letter also is clear that this is totally DIFFERENT from the illegal MHA order of 2010, which was rammed through by the then Minister without any discussion/ debate.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Roland
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Roland » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:41 am

Great news! In the right direction.

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:26 pm

this is really great news and i hope the government puts it through. I am sure the efforts of NAGRI will not be in vain. Though I wish some more MP's had endorsed this proposal.
regards
NS

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:58 pm

mundaire wrote:
ashokgodara wrote:mr mundaire
The official letter is posted here in relation to the above posted articles from the Hindustan Times dated 11 & 12 March 2014. It is abundantly clear from the above that this is a reminder to the Madhya Pradesh Govt. to send in their views as they have not responded thus far. In fact it is stated that only 9 states have sent in their views.

The letter also is clear that this is totally DIFFERENT from the illegal MHA order of 2010, which was rammed through by the then Minister without any discussion/ debate.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
:agree: :stupid: :sorry:

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:46 pm

This is definitely a move in the correct direction. The points suggested are crucial and 'to the point' to bring our policies in line with the world over.

However, I would have two more suggestions.

1. Currently, the LA is the District Collector or the city Commissioner. Of course, all paper work and leg work is done by the police, generally a low ranking constable, writer or clerk who has no idea or knowledge of firearms. Secondly, The SP or the Commissionerate only peruses the papers. There is no actual, on the ground, verification of the applicants want, standing, usage or even storage of these firearms. Therefore to shirk responsibility, these guys deny the license.

Now, in order to over come this, a bureau or directorate of civil firearms should be set up under the aegis of the MHA, which shall function independently from the above agencies but liaise with them in matters relating to civil firearms. This will free up staff to the police and the local administrations to pursue their core mandate. Obviously the proposed bureau/ directorate would have people knowledgeable in matters related to firearms.

2. Currently, back ground checks are done by the police only. The methodology, paperwork etc is lacking in professionalism and transparency. That gives them the excuse of a way out in granting licenses. I would propose that an independent citizen having no connections with the government, police, political parties etc be made to check on verification etc. He could be appointed by the Collector / Commissioner etc. from that district or locality or city, and one who is thoroughly conversant with firearms, be made to submit a report on the applicant and that his report be considered before the LA.

On another note, there seems to be a census of firearms going on in Gujarat. Most licensees have received notices asking them to submit information on their firearms. I received mine asking me to reply online. A majority of licensees seemed to have skipped it fearing an awkward situation later. Secondly, a good many of the licensees are in the hinterland and are not computer savvy. Till date no physical verification has been done to counter check information of those people who have actually responded to these notices. So the information check/ census is bound to be dubious.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Bless Nagri for this tremendous effort !!!

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Good and sound action. Doing away with archaic concepts is certainly a welcome step. But I am not going to be chewing on my nails nor waste many a rose with "Will it ?" and "Won't it ?"
Thanks NAGRI :cheers:

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Brilliant effort by NAGRI! Kudos to all those involved.

While as AG says the will it wont it debate is very much possible it's scary to think if these efforts had not been put in how much more draconian the already existing guidelines would have become.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:59 am

Congratulations NAGRI! I hope you get it done.
2. Currently, back ground checks are done by the police only. The methodology, paperwork etc is lacking in professionalism and transparency. That gives them the excuse of a way out in granting licenses. I would propose that an independent citizen having no connections with the government, police, political parties etc be made to check on verification etc. He could be appointed by the Collector / Commissioner etc. from that district or locality or city, and one who is thoroughly conversant with firearms, be made to submit a report on the applicant and that his report be considered before the LA.
Just a comment. More bureaucracy is NEVER the answer. It just leads to more corruption, cronyism and creates more hurdles for the common man to have to circumvent.
All that is required is for the existing authorities to follow the law as written.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

rohanrele
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rohanrele » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Abhijeet what have the 9 state governments replied over the letters sent by the mha. And which are those states?