Gun License

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Gun License

Post by nevil » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi I am aware how difficult it is to get a gun license in Delhi but just want to know if legally can we apply for a 12 bore and .22 rifle simultaneously or do we have to apply for one and after approval then apply for the second after some stipulated time.
Thanks
Nevil

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Gun License

Post by Safarigent » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Read and ye shall know
To Excellence through Diligence.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 am

nevil wrote:Hi I am aware how difficult it is to get a gun license in Delhi but just want to know if legally can we apply for a 12 bore and .22 rifle simultaneously or do we have to apply for one and after approval then apply for the second after some stipulated time.
Thanks
Nevil

As per the arms act of 1959 a citizen is entitled to a maximum of three weapons. Once you get a license the requested weapon is allotted. There after you can apply for a second and third one which can be shotgun, rifle or pistol/revolver. There is no restriction on the combinations of weapons.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Noted thanks will be putting in my license application next week keeping my fingers crossed :D

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:19 pm

nevil wrote:Noted thanks will be putting in my license application next week keeping my fingers crossed :D

A license is issued to civilians under three criteria s, crop protection, sport shooter and self defense. While the first category is easy to get as long as you have agricultural land this may be limited to shotgun. For a sport shooter you would need to compete at your state level tournament recognized by the NRAI and win with a qualifying score. The third option is a bit difficult to get. You would need to give a good reason why you want the weapon and the reason must be backed with the relevant documents..

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Was advised not to put my application for license now due to the upcoming elections. What I fail to understand is that can't a person just take up the sport of shooting just like any other sport like golf, archery etc. In the sports category getting qualifying scores at state and national levels is not easy and not all people who are passionate about shooting are necessarily all that talented. And besides to get to that level you have to practice for that again you need a rifle. I plan to apply in the sports / Target practice category and basically hoping it works out.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:04 pm

To apply under the category of sports shooter you need to win a state level event certified by the ISSF. For a sport enthusiast there is not much use of applying for a license right away. There are import restrictions that do not allow us to import a weapon until we win a national event with a qualifying score. Until then the only way to import is by transfer of residence...If your serous about shooting as a sport please join you state level rifle association. You would need to practice for some time until you reach the nationals. The weapons and ammo would be given by the association. There is no need for a license as such.

Well yes applying at elections time would cause delay as the ips officers would be too busy on election duty

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:09 pm

Thanks for the advice I don't want to import a gun but would prefer to use my own rather than being dependent on any association also I feel that you get used to the weapon you are using basically comfortable maybe I'm not too good with word's. Anyway will definitely try for the license after the elections.
Regards
Nevil

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:54 pm

Dear Farook just to clarify on my reply I feel that by using a weapon owned by oneself always is more comfortable which in turn would get better results in terms of accuracy warm regards NS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Very true Nevil, but the national shooting squad of India does not have proper guns thanks to the 1986 restrictions. You see our government does not differentiate between a terrorist and a sport shooter. They seem to restrict a gun to just about every one.