Nirbheek name controversy...

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Nirbheek name controversy...

Post by surajshuresh » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi saw this Time of India post cant believe just a name of a firearm creating such problems... This lady "Binalakshmi Nepram" has something against firearms i dont know whats her problem with legal firearms and looks at those ignorant comments from people.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/handg ... ury-470108

For Advertising mail webmaster
a_kamal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Nirbheek name controversy...

Post by a_kamal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi Suraj,

I am with this lady on this subject and it is not the name of the firearm but its calous dedication which makes no sense at all , all the three points gven by Binalakshmi are true to the last word , this is an insult to the girl who lost her life fghtng to save her modesty, it is really shamefull for IOF to comeup with this idea in the frstplace .

"It really is an insult to the memory of Nirbhaya," said Binalakshmi Nepram, founder of the Manipur Women Gun Survivors Network said on Sunday.

"Our research shows that a person is 12 times more likely to be shot dead if they are carrying a gun when attacked," she told AFP.

"It also shows that the government of India has failed to protect women by resorting to this. Arming women is not a responsible way to secure their safety and security," she said

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Well i agree IOF could have given a more technical name for the firearm rather than nirbheek i think it will not serve any purpose eg marketing because its expensive not all can afford it and its a old design just with new polish. 1st of all getting license is more difficult even if you have money to buy the firearm and I strongly discourage people from owning firearms unless they are fully trained to use it because its just to dangerous to give firearms for people who are not well trained to use it hence accidents happen i know of incidents like this happening even in the police department just because bad training and handling practices. We have a good training program for all beginners in our club here hence we are able to avoid any accidents till now. I am a firearms instructor hence i know the importance of training to handle firearms.

"It also shows that the government of India has failed to protect women by resorting to this. Arming women is not a responsible way to secure their safety and security," she said.
I dont think this is right because licenses are not easy to get in India nor the government is encouraging women to arm themselves with firearms. Well there is big roll for the government but there is also equal responsibility on the people too. We must also take our precautions when doing things because this world has good and bad people. no use of playing the blame game here.

"Our research shows that a person is 12 times more likely to be shot dead if they are carrying a gun when attacked," she told AFP.
When talking about research or studies always citation must be given. So people can read the study how it was conducted and what were the findings.

Having 0 crimes, 0 corruptions would be possible in the perfect world but not in the real world but we try to achieve something close to 0 atleast. Banning guns will get you no where but only to more illegal unaccounted firearms.

Some comments for this news post makes me laugh because people just type shit without knowing what they are taking about.

Thank you,
Suraj Suresh.

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Suraj Bravo... I am with you... You took the words out of my pen... Mis Nepram is blinded by her issue centric agenda and is known to feed lies to media. In an article to gulf news she had stated that in India anybody who has attained an age of 18 years is eligible and granted license. Her research will never cite any credible data because its bogus. I also agree that police can't be omnipresent and it is at the end of the day one's responsibility to defend and protect himself and his lives ones and his property.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:40 pm

http://www.hindustantimes.com/comment/g ... 72132.aspx

here's hindustan times' strong worded opinion. i wonder if it's too late to change newspapers?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Our research shows that a person is 12 times more likely to be shot dead if they are carrying a gun when attacked
can you shed lightht on that.I think peopls already have rivelery with another party are victims of such case.Its baseless they will give exemple like darbanganhha ghati and many more on army where firepower is known to apponents.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Ashokgodara,

Good observation.

I would really like to see the source and also the data and methodology used by Madam Nepram to arrive at this interesting statistic.
a person is 12 times more likely to be shot dead if they are carrying a gun when attacked

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Vikram wrote:Ashokgodara,

Good observation.

I would really like to see the source and also the data and methodology used by Madam Nepram to arrive at this interesting statistic.
a person is 12 times more likely to be shot dead if they are carrying a gun when attacked

Best-
Vikram
A few points need to be mentioned here. If your carrying a weapon always conceal carry. Exposing a weapon can make you a target to criminals, they may snatch the weapon from you. If we have multiple weapons we always must be well ad versed with our guns. Still better stick to one gun for conceal carry and use it at-least once a month in a range to stay familiar with it. Someone mentioned a young boy was kidnapped as he accidentally pressed the mag release of his pistol

When I was in my CRTC training they warned us against carrying a gun when your physically not too well. The key word here is Situational Awareness

I don't know about 12 times but there is a chance that a person may snatch your gun and pull the trigger.

Last night near my work place a young boy running a medical store was killed by two contract killers. They entered into his shop as customers and slit his throat. Use to buy chocolates from his often. Just wish he was armed.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:31 pm

this question shold be transferred to legal eagle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kittu on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Madam Nepram needs to be in a padded cell....
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:45 pm

farook wrote:
Vikram wrote:Ashokgodara,

Good observation.

Best-
Vikram
A few points need to be mentioned here. If your carrying a weapon always conceal carry. Exposing a weapon can make you a target to criminals, they may snatch the weapon from you. If we have multiple weapons we always must be well ad versed with our guns. Still better stick to one gun for conceal carry and use it at-least once a month in a range to stay familiar with it. Someone mentioned a young boy was kidnapped as he accidentally pressed the mag release of his pistol

When I was in my CRTC training they warned us against carrying a gun when your physically not too well. The key word here is Situational Awareness

I don't know about 12 times but there is a chance that a person may snatch your gun and pull the trigger.

Last night near my work place a young boy running a medical store was killed by two contract killers. They entered into his shop as customers and slit his throat. Use to buy chocolates from his often. Just wish he was armed.
i agree with vikram if y want to arry always conseal it.Sad to hear about boy who lost his life may his saol rest in peace
Last edited by Kittu on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Some of these newspaper articles and comments humour me.

I wonder, when the Delhi victim and her friend were going through the nightmare, were they thinking of women rights, respect in society for women, education or were they looking out for a way to protect themselves, to escape the torture as safely and quickly as they could.

These ppl would rather have you die a painful, torturous death, but not encourage you to defend yourself.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:15 am

Last edited by Kittu on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 am

As stated in the article itself, Binalakshmi Nepram, founder of the Manipur Women Gun Survivors Network, this network is supported by CAFI which is an anti-gun group in India.
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

RA.50
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by RA.50 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi,

Just my opinion

IOF

1) The only point out of the article agreed by me is that the naming of the weapon should have been different and may be
they should have consulted concerned people before naming.
Its a matter of ultra sensitivity and needs proper attention/consideration.

2) whats with 1 Lakh + pricing? That's another Laughable work by IOF . Make it affordable guys(IOF) not a statement of luxury

Ms. Binalakshmi :

And this lady "Ms. Binalakshmi" needs some serious gyan/counselled on weapons and weapon related advantage

Government/Police omnipresence for all crimes is not possible anywhere in the world and that is why this concept of self defense has evolved, I guess Ms. Binalakshmi is not aware about it

what is she talking about government failure? Ridiculous ROTFL

regards

RA.50