Your opinion against the rule of "Aachar Sanhita"

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
karmveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Your opinion against the rule of "Aachar Sanhita"

Post by karmveer » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Friends
Upcoming Election for District Panchayat is coming soon in my place and government passed an order to deposit weapon in police custody. I have done my responsibility as a good civilian by depositing my revolver in police custody .

but my question to government is

why government make us fool ? they granted us weapon license to protect our life or property but why they make us weak during the election period ?

as we know,especially lots of illegal weapons producing in this period and lots of peoples targeted by criminal.

Please share your experience to learn more..

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Your opinion against the rule of "Aachar Sanhita"

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:54 am

Upcoming Election for District Panchayat is coming soon in my place and government passed an order to deposit weapon in police custody.
Order has to be done under the provisions of Arms Act 1959. State government has no legal right to issue such blanket orders under Arms Act 1959.
I have done my responsibility as a good civilian by depositing my revolver in police custody .

but my question to government is

why government make us fool ?
Government will make us fool so long we are not willing to fight intelligently. Government will make us fool so long we are willing to fool ourselves. Government will make us fool so long we think we have done our duty by depositing the guns and we become "good" civilians.

Even the Election Commission order does not ask everyone to deposit the guns. There have also been plenty High Court judgements related to this matter. Election Commission order and some High Court judgements are discussed here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 92#p158088
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 pm

I am strictly against the notion oi arms deposit. They do all checks like character, social, health, mental, police records, history profiling etc before issuing license to a sane person.

Are they doubting their own process of license issuance by taking away weapons from license holders.

You can always apply for expempion for deposit in DM office.

Cheers....

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Even the question of applying for exemption does not arise. If you read the Election Commission order, all are exempt except a few whose case needs to be scrutinized.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

deep27
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by deep27 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:24 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Even the question of applying for exemption does not arise. If you read the Election Commission order, all are exempt except a few whose case needs to be scrutinized.
i totally agree with you sir, the Election Commission has clearly ordered for a few special cases.

sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sonuvecv » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:52 am

Other aspect of this rule is that authority dont deposit the ammunition,which is widely used in illegal firearms during election,especially in my districts Gwalior,Bhind Morena ,popularly known as chambal Valley