The last state in the USA just passed a concealed carry law

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: The last state in the USA just passed a concealed carry

Post by xl_target » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:25 am

TC wrote:
Tanfoglio's pistols are also very popular in Israel being sold under the Mossad name.
Hi XL,
As far as I know the CZ 75 compact is made by Israel under the name " Massada "
and the full frame CZ75 that was first made in Israel was sold as the Jericho 941

:cheers:

TC
TC,
Before Israel was producing its own pistols (before IMI), pistols were contracted from Italy by Tanfoglio. They were assembled in Israel from parts supplied by Tanfoglio.
These were CZ75 clones and not a true CZ75. A "CZ75" is made only by Ceska Zbrojovka (in Uherský Brod, Moravia, Czech Republic).

There are some differences but they resemble each other closely. Tanfoglio called them TZ75's when they were sold under the Tanfoglio name.
AFAIK, the initial Jericho's were also supplied by Tanfoglio and assembled in Israel. It was only later that IMI started making them and selling them under their own name.
When they were imported by Magnum Research of Minneapolis, they were called the "Baby Desert Eagle".

Some were labelled MOSSAD. These were still Tanfoglio pistols.
image from HERE

Later Tanfoglio also helped the Turks setup some of their pistol factories. That is one reason some models of the CANIK, Sarsilmarz, etc. pistols have such a resemblance to the CZ75/TZ75
The WITNESS pistols sold by EAA (the photos that Mark posted) are still made by Tanfoglio.

As far as the MASADA goes; that was an experimental rifle that was announced and prototyped by Magpul industries in 2006.
Bushmaster eventually bought the rights and produced it as the Bushmaster ACR. The rifle was named after the Siege of Masada.

The Magpul Masada.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:02 am

XL:

Would you consider, sometime, starting a new thread and telling us your opinions about CZ75s and the clones based on them, and what you think about the quality of manufacture of these? I see from Wikipedia that there are a plethora of clones, and I suppose that there are differing values in that list. Whatever you feel comfortable with sharing would be helpful and educational for me and, I'm sure, others here.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:51 pm

I sure will Tim.

Mark,

Here is a review on the new striker fired Ruger pistol, the LC9s:
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LC9s.htm? ... =235829957.
The image above is from the same site.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941