CAFI Control

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: CAFI Control

Post by mundaire » Fri May 03, 2013 6:06 am

Yes, no one has received membership confirmation or membership no's yet. The fellows at CAFI have a budget and several paid staff to take care of such mundane administrative tasks, we don't. You don't need a membership no. to help out, merely a willingness to contribute some of your time. There are no fees being collected for membership/ renewal at this time.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 am

NAGRI is based in delhi/NCR region. so if anyone wants to help out it would be best if they are from that area at the at the moment. also it is not funded from public/members money and people are working kind, so time is a major factor. NAGRI does not employ anyone at the moment. some local work can be done by who ever wants to after the approval from NAGRI. LIKE NAGRI awareness within your area. this can be done by stickers, getting more memberships etc.

i think it is wrong for us to expect NAGRI to everything for us. NAGRI is still at the begaining stage of its life and can not expand to fast. thus we can all do a little in making NAGRI known to the public at large in ones own areas. where two or three are in one area they should join hands and wallets to produce stickers, cards and if one can to advertise NAGRI on the local cable tv,[ or down load the NAGRI video from utube and dub it in local lingo and put it up on the local cable tv. [all these are my thoughts only and not NAGRIs, So please seek permission from NAGRi first]
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Sat May 04, 2013 11:06 am

Could never understand this CAFI thing.

Most of the people behind this are WOMEN.

Yet India faces a serious issue in protecting its women (and elders amongst the weaker members of our largely peace loving society )

CAFI it seems wants to leave these women unprotected,( even though our Constitution provides this protection).

How could any sane organisation want to work for such a situation beats me. :?

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat May 04, 2013 1:24 pm

CAFI is a poor man/womans dream who have noting better to do in the society. if one got killed by a stick or knife they do not care. CAFI is not about caring for people who die by any means. CAFI is only about gun related death.

when was the last time CAFI cried- ban the knife or the red line bus in delhi for running over a child.??????

if it is not gun related they care not.
Nagarifle

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue May 07, 2013 2:26 pm

sorry xl, coffee is on me. could not help it the funny bone plays up once in a while, could it be the old age symptons?
Naga,
I thought you would say "keyboard is one me" :lol: :lol: :lol:

TC

On a serious note, while I completely agree with Abhijeet on NAGRI's achievements, I think it needs to be more visible. Citizens of this country only get to know about NAGRI from newspaper/ electronic media reports. And, only occasionally.
True, India is a country where people in general feel guns are meant only for cops, soldiers, terrorists and celluloid heroes and villains. And, it is also a country where the government discourages people from owning / using guns.
But nobody can stop citizens from talking about gun rights, launch websites, release newsletters etc. The more people know the more is the heat on the government. Knowledge, after all, is still the biggest weapon in the inventory of man. Incidentally, I feel no matter how much we may talk of guns on this forum and other platforms gun ownership in India is still considered by many as a right exclusive to the rich and the elite. If I really stand for guns and gun rights I should be mentally prepared to see and accept my neighbourhood grocer carrying on his person the same pistol I had been showing off with pride all these years. Gun ownership rights should be considered a social equaliser for and by all law abiding bonafide citizens. Only then will all this talk on RKBA make real sense.
I almost made a speech it appears. But mean every word.

:cheers:
TC

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue May 07, 2013 5:12 pm

TC wrote: Incidentally, I feel no matter how much we may talk of guns on this forum and other platforms gun ownership in India is still considered by many as a right exclusive to the rich and the elite. If I really stand for guns and gun rights I should be mentally prepared to see and accept my neighbourhood grocer carrying on his person the same pistol I had been showing off with pride all these years. Gun ownership rights should be considered a social equaliser for and by all law abiding bonafide citizens. Only then will all this talk on RKBA make real sense.
:clap:

You have an excellent point here. I was discussing gun ownership with a friend of mine a few days ago, I was advocating for gun rights for every citizen and he was against it. His point was, how comfortable would I feel once everyone could get a license and afford weapons. I'd never given it much thought, but can't help but wonder now. Would I (or you) be comfortable with the cleaning lady carrying a 357 mag (or any gun) when she comes over to do 'jhardu-poocha'?

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue May 07, 2013 6:05 pm

kandarp wrote:
TC wrote: Incidentally, I feel no matter how much we may talk of guns on this forum and other platforms gun ownership in India is still considered by many as a right exclusive to the rich and the elite. If I really stand for guns and gun rights I should be mentally prepared to see and accept my neighbourhood grocer carrying on his person the same pistol I had been showing off with pride all these years. Gun ownership rights should be considered a social equaliser for and by all law abiding bonafide citizens. Only then will all this talk on RKBA make real sense.
:clap:

You have an excellent point here. I was discussing gun ownership with a friend of mine a few days ago, I was advocating for gun rights for every citizen and he was against it. His point was, how comfortable would I feel once everyone could get a license and afford weapons. I'd never given it much thought, but can't help but wonder now. Would I (or you) be comfortable with the cleaning lady carrying a 357 mag (or any gun) when she comes over to do 'jhardu-poocha'?
Kandarp,
The answer is very simple. Right to keep and bear arms is a right that is equal to right to franchise or right to education or right to freedom of speech and expression. If millions of Americans can live with the fact that their gardeners and swimming pool cleaners and milkmen can carry 357 mags for self defence I don't see any reason why we can't. After all, the reason we want to have firearms (primarily) is to defend ourselves, our family and our property from threats posed by terrorists and criminals who are armed to the teeth because of the state's failure. So do Americans (other than those who are hunters, sportsmen and collectors). By saying I do not want to see the other guy not armed is nothing but parroting our politicians and bureaucrats who think only they should have all the guns. So thought the British who wanted to see Indians defenseless. The perception has to change from the core.

Cheers
TC

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Tue May 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Why would you distrust them because they have a gun? How would you feel if everyone you know suddenly distrusted you because you have a gun? NO, this is exactly what is wrong with this country.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue May 07, 2013 6:40 pm

I don't 'distrust' gun-owners. I was just thinking out loud and wondering how I, or anyone else, might feel if suddenly EVERYONE had a gun.

However, I'm extremely wary of idiots who keep fingers on triggers, point their weapons carelessly and dry fire a gun pointing it at someone. I'm hoping that education and awareness about handling guns comes with universal gun-ownership

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue May 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Skyman,
Please try and understand what Kandarp is saying before jumping to your conclusion. He was referring to a situation that he and his friend had discussed. If you know for sure what exactly is wrong with this country then let me tell you Kandarp is one of those guys who would fight for gun ownership rights till the end.

Cheers

TC

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue May 07, 2013 7:09 pm

the right to keep and bear arms, is a right given[should be] to all, like any right one has the right to exercise it. if one is against guns then they have the right not to have em.
Nagarifle

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Tue May 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Kandarp, i wasn't responding to you but merely stating a fact.For example, my mom thinks i am a secret dacoit because she saw me sharpening a knife...
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 pm

Skyman wrote:Kandarp, i wasn't responding to you but merely stating a fact.For example, my mom thinks i am a secret dacoit because she saw me sharpening a knife...
No worries Skyman. My mom has recommenced that I see a shrink to talk about my obsession with guns. This, coming from the woman who gave birth to me, worries me!
TC wrote:Skyman,
Please try and understand what Kandarp is saying before jumping to your conclusion. He was referring to a situation that he and his friend had discussed. If you know for sure what exactly is wrong with this country then let me tell you Kandarp is one of those guys who would fight for gun ownership rights till the end.
Thanks for the vote of support TC.

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Tue May 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Friends,

When NAGRI had gone to Parliament, the Home Committee was chaired by Shri Lal Krishan Advani who took over as the then Chairman, Shri Venkaiah Naidu, had to leave for a sudden meeting.

Shri Advani was explicit when he said that the Government must trust its citizens, and that our Constitution clearly states that ALL citizens of our Republic have the right to firearms.

India as we know it today will certainly change once these recommendations become law.

And law it will become, once our Parliament starts to work, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be happening right now.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed May 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks for the vote of support TC.
Buddy,
Don't thank me for something that you have earned with sincerity, belief and hard work :D

:cheers:

TC