Have gun? Save women: Delhi L-G

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Have gun? Save women: Delhi L-G

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 pm

I totally agree and standby to the comment written by hvj1

I think instead of advising civilians who legally possess firearms to use for defence of others , why doesn't the LG and the Government make efforts in

(a) Arming the women , who would be the one in danger - The police and civilians bearing legal arms won't be always around to protect the women at all time .

(b) Removing the ridiculous 50 units of annual ammunition quota - There are 52 weeks in a year , so even if we shoot one bullet per week as a practice , we have to leave out two weeks a year . And if we exhaust all our ammunition in practicing what are we going to fire when we really need to ? And it's not hard to imagine , how much practice we will be getting by shooting one round per week .

(c) Removing the firearms import ban and make sure that imported firearms are available to civilians at a reasonable price - Our choice of firearms should not be limited to buying the crappy products of IOF or some imported firearm which is more than 27 years old . Also just removing the import ban won't be of any real help if a S&W Model 317 revolver or a Taurus Model 94 or A Ruger LCR 22 or a Ruger SR22 is available to us for a price of a top of the line XUV 500 . ( I just mentioned some firearms in the .22 cal )

(d) Making sure ammunition is available as government specified rates - We should not be forced to buy a .32 ACP round at Rs 350 .

(e) Providing training to civilians who legally own firearms - Arrangements should be made where civilians who legally own arms should be able to train along with police personnel .

This is just the beginning , there is lot to be added ...

FN-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Have gun? Save women: Delhi L-G

Post by hvj1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 am

I completely agree with you FN Five Seven. As SS also pointed out that the message was probably lost in transalation. if the LG is a good orator, then he should have articulated his intentions crisply and clearly.

My response is purely based not on a hypothetical scenario, but a realistic cause and effect situation, if any citizen were to use his firearm (legally owned off course) to protect another citizen, under the present confused scenario, he/she will automatically become either a hero or bedevilled by anti gun lobyist . It will depend on how the Media perceives the whole thing.

Finally, this is my personal opinion, a rapist should be hanged by the nearest lampost. As for the present six involved in the recent gang rape case. they should be hanged from the ramparts of the Delhi Fort.