Nine myths of the gun-control debate

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Nine myths of the gun-control debate

Post by tirpassion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Dear friends,
Maybe a bit out of topic but I understand that in India the anti gun lobby reacted as expected following the recent US incidents. They should be made known that there are also other countries with a considerable per capita gun possession notably Switzerland (the 'must' 'indispensable' foreign holiday destination of Indians :D ), Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Germany etc. with quite low gun related incidents (with legally owned guns). I know that the Breivik incident in Norway in 2011 will be highlighted...
best regards
tirpassion

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Nine myths of the gun-control debate

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Oggie wrote:
This is interesting. I did not know that there were such rigorous measures already in place.
The most violence-stricken nations - nations like Honduras, El Salvador, Ivory Coast, Guatemala, Mexico, South Africa, Sudan, Columbia, Puerto Rico - suffer from tremendous socioeconomic disparity, a lack of education, political turmoil, rampant drug gangs, and even low intensity civil wars and proxy invasions fueled by Fortune 500 exploitation.

Guns did not create these conditions - guns are not even manifestations of the turmoil spurring on the violence, rather the abuse of firearms are - the runaway fever of a bacterial infection. Treating a fever alone will not cure a serious infection - and to ignore the infection and myopically fixate on the fever alone will cost the patient their life.

Article from .......

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.ca/2013/0 ... rever.html

Australian Gun Owners, on a separate note........

[youtube][/youtube]
Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not -Thomas Jefferson
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke