Life Liberty Property (video) - Telugu

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Life Liberty Property (video) - Telugu

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:42 pm

The following is a 30 minute Telugu language pro-gun video aired by the the regional cable channel HMTV. NAGRI's Vice President Shri. Gusti Noria features in it from ~ minute 16:07 - 18:33 . The Program is entirely in Telugu, except for the answers given by Shri. Noria, which are in English.

[youtube][/youtube]

While I do not know Telugu, from what I could make out the video starts by discussing the terrible rape murder which occurred in Delhi this past December, then moves on to talking to some women (presumably about security issues), then they speak to Shri. Noria and lastly they examine the history of gun control in India, the Sandy Hook shootings, how people used guns to defend themselves/ their businesses during the L.A. riots, etc.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Life Liberty Property (video) - Telugu

Post by ak27 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Dr. C. Virendra says in the video that imposing a harsh punishment might not have an affect on the prevention Rapes and Sex Crimes. He states that Sex crimes are mostly impulse-driven and fear of punishment will not have any affect on the perpetrators mind.

The women have shared their respective opinions and mostly they have highlighted the drastic effects of the after-rape trauma, specifically in the Orthodox Indian context, where most people would blame women for Sex Crimes. Like typical Indian citizens, they have reacted to the idea of Firearm self-defense saying that Fire Arms will add further to the problems pointing out that even the criminals will have weapons then and things will turn more messy. Mr. Noria refuted this disbelief saying that the idea of the victim being armed will play a vital role in automatically deterring the Criminals from doing what they do.

The host has further added that the Indian Fire Arm licensing policy is a result of the British Suppression of Indian Liberty, quoting Mahatma Gandhi's quote in this Context. He nullified the negative remarks on Fire Arms arising due to public latest shootings stating the fact the the odds of one getting shot in a Public Shooting are same as that of one getting struck by a Lightening.

How Ironic and Pathetic - While they were discussing prevention of Rape, the news scrolling in the video says police have apprehended a man who has raped a minor girl in Hyderabad that Day! God help us! or should I say Guns help us?!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 pm

ak27,

Many many thanks for the summary! I was really desperate to know what was being discussed/ said in the other parts of the video! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Not only did it seem well researched, the attitude of the anti gun American media was also touched upon. Mention of American society as having the highest guns to people ratio, while the school shootings are given a lot of coverage, that there was a decline in crime in general since 1929. Among the many reasons Hitler not daring to attack Switzerland, one was due to every citizen-militia member owning a firearm was also mentioned.
In my opinion this is very refreshing and particularly underlines the anti-gun bias in the media and focuses on the real problems including politicians using the police as personal bodyguards while the common man has no protection!
Anand

ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ak27 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:49 pm

mundaire wrote:ak27,
Many many thanks for the summary! I was really desperate to know what was being discussed/ said in the other parts of the video! :)
My pleasure, mate. Thanks a bunch for bringing the video up in the first place!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 pm

I don't speak or understand telegu but seems like the program was as pro gun and supportive of RKBA as they come... Need to get him to do a Hindi or English version of the same....
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Great effort by Mr Noria organising this.

It is these regional channels that not only understand our issues better, but also reach out to an audience that appreciate the issue of gun rights and the protection it offers them.

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:24 am

You should do a video too Abhijeet.We can circulate it via social networking.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:26 am

This is probably the most well researched,intelligent, articulate and clinical exposition of individual rights to life and property, and the use of legal firearms in their defence. Apart from what AK27 and Anand wrote, this is what he touches upon.

1. The sanctity of right to life and property and how not striving to defend them at a personal level is unethical.

2. Role of government: Is it capable of predicting dangers to citizens and prevent them; Can it ever be always there to protect people.

3. While stringent enforcement of laws and greater efforts at changing attitudes towards women, how should we ensure the safety of women. Because, even where severe punishments are present like in the Middle-East, seldom laws are viable deterrents as criminals often do not think of future repercussions of their acts.Police are often a reactive force than a preventive force.

4. Should women be granted gun licenses was the question posed to the three ladies. One was against, second was in favour provided that the government ensures that guns do not pass into wrong hands.The third lady was in favour of possessing guns for self-protection.

5. Gusti debunks government's insistence on threat perception for granting licenses. He asks if the girl could foresee the danger that awaited her.He also tries to dispel the misconception that gun ownership results in a free for all anarchy where gun related violence escalates.

6. The presenter then goes onto explore the attitudes of media and general population towards guns and puts them to test by presenting evidence from the experience of USA, Switzerland and Australia. He presents statistical evidence about how gun ownership prevents violent crimes,how lack of it encourages criminal elements and how gun ownership automatically does not translate into uncontrolled violence. He does not evade the issue of mass shootings,BTW. He cites the examples of armed Korean shopkeepers protecting their shops while LA burned during the Rodney King affair and how Switzerland is one of the safest countries owing to the fact that her citizens are the militia.

7.He also speaks of the thousands of people killed in Naxalite related violence in the past few years and how the great majority of those killed were civilians.He also touches upon the fact that the police cannot be present especially in those inaccessible and distant places.

8. The presenter finally suggests of having laws that facilitate law abiding citizens to own guns and have facilities in place that educate and train people in fair usage of guns and about the responsibilities that go with it. That way, he opines, we can ensure that guns are not misused and moreover they remain as tools to protect their rights.

I think, if we can request the gentleman to do a similar presentation in Hindi and English and have them telecast in other channels/ regions, that would be a fantastic thing.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:45 am

Thanks for the post Abhijeet and AK27 for summarizing. Now its being a great honor for we Andhra Pradesh residents that we're not the most corrupt state, corrupt politicians, polluted city but also we top in eve-teasing :oops: :oops: :oops: . And this wouldn't be a great surprise to people that umy state is no better than any war prone state. Recently by-election has been a clean sweep to a most corrupt politician's party by money distribution (cash for vote), where some of my extended family member was beneficiary. And casting vote for cash shows that we're reluctant to change for the betterment of the society for a brighter future to getting high with alcohol selling our vote.

My life is no better than Will Smith's in I AM LEGEND. And neither does the Zombies.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 am

This is translation from min 21:30

Describes Article 21, provides right to self defense. And the things around these laws- government, police etc have been very unfriendly to this laws at an extent that the law instead of protecting the rights making peoples life miserable. Disarming, tight gun laws are one of the main reason behind increase in crime rate in our country. Owning a gun (Delhi rape victim or by any individual) might have minimized the crime rate.

Right to self-defense and live fearlessly is law created with many loop holes making people disabled not to own firearms. This law was initially made by the British during their colonial rule here. Some people and the government think arming individual and providing gun rights will increase violence in the society. It could be as small as an argument on the road, differences in the family and so on may lead to use of weapon for the wrong reason then right. So we be better see some example of countries which are arms friendly and has helped people and the government for providing better safety.

USA- With a population of 31 crore, 27 crore arms are flooded with individuals. And reminds everyone about the recently school massacre event. Such mass killing in US has drastically came down from 1920's. Its as rare as lightening strike killing a person.
In 1976 Washington state laws were quite strict on gun laws which resulted in tremendous increase in crime rate. And these guns laws were extended to other states and the result was the same (discouraging gun ownership resulted in increase in crime).

Australia- A person named Matrin killed about 35 people (tourist etc). Then government made strict laws to curb gun licenses. And later spend 500 million dollars to procure 6 lakh guns from civilians and destroyed. In the next ten years murders, shooting has declined. However, homicides and rape have increase by 40 and 20 per cent.

During the African- American riots in USA in 1992 is a good example, how essential is it to own a firearm is important. Police was unable to control the situation. Then a few communities like the Korean etc have taken a stand to protect themselves and their families (now we say it as community watch). Many other traders and business have lost million of dollars during this riots but Koreans were able to minimize by using arms for their protection and fight back if needed.

Switzerland- Switzerland does not have a large army, civilians volunteer. The crime rate there is low compared to other European nations as every house has a gun. During II world war, geographic advantage and individual armed made Hitler reluctant to Swiss. As Germany was sure to face Swizz army in Guerilla fight in the streets.

And describer how great is our government and laws have failed keep a tap on anti-social people using guns in crime and have been very successful to make stringent laws for common man to protect himself.

Gun laws have be liberalized and provided to people who need. And this can be done by providing necessary training and education by ex-servicemen and professional by opening training centers.

Note- I've tried to use sentence to sentence translation here (I am not great with telugu). Sorry for not posting the first half.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:17 pm

If some Telugu friend has some time, they may upload this on Youtube with sub titles?
Would be very helpful and increasing its reuse value :P
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..