HT Kolkata raises the issue of arming women

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: HT Kolkata raises the issue of arming women

Post by Lawman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 am

Dear TC_da, it is the most inspiring video in Bengali New Year Day. Hats off to you and boudi.

Lawman

For Advertising mail webmaster
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:01 am

Brilliant photo and Video TC da. Reminds me of Vidya Balan in Kaahani. Very inspiring and encouraging for todays women. Thanks a lot for posting this. I am sure many others will inspired by this.
on the other hand looking at the outstanding location how about inviting us there for our next IFG meet :D
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:08 am

tirpassion wrote:
gladiatorgarg wrote: TC daa boudi is looking like modern day durgaa...with pistol n rifle instead of trident in her hand...great going hope to see more such ladies as our torch bearers
TC,
> Now that you've virtually created a "Toofan" with your post & video clip of your dear wife's shooting capabilities & her propensity to take to shooting like the proverbial 'Duck taking to water' - you have one more obligation to perform :D
> "MAKE HER A MEMBER OF IFG" :P
> I fore-see her as a 'Torchbearer' in motivating other women to take up to this enchanting sport / Self protection & also pave the way for more women to be members of IFG :D
:cheers:
Briha

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:54 am

TC,
> Now that you've virtually created a "Toofan" with your post & video clip of your dear wife's shooting capabilities & her propensity to take to shooting like the proverbial 'Duck taking to water' - you have one more obligation to perform :D
> I fore-see her as a 'Torchbearer' in motivating other women to take up to this enchanting sport / Self protection & also pave the way for more women to be members of IFG :D
Briha
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

+1 in bold letters and in big font

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Basu wrote:Dear TC,
I am amazed having seen the video.
Your wife shot the gun with such an ease which many husbands might not dare to.
Particularly for women,it is highly inspiring.
Hope she will continue to encourage women in future too.
I do not know any lady who loves to use fire arm and there she stands out.

By the way, is the colour of the sari chosen by you ?

Basuda,
My wife sends her regards to you. Yes, she surprised me completely on that day. And she wants to keep practicing till she can confidently handle firearms on her own.
The sari was not chosen by me. In fact, when we left home that day I didn't even know she would insist on firing. It was her choice all the way :lol:

Regards
TC

Basu

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 pm

SS wrote:TC,

That is a wonderful start! And she sure has a knack for it. The initially wobbly hands in the video were misleading...the moment she started shooting it was all steady and determined... Pass on our respects to her. Maybe there's a renowned shot it the making ;)

Cheers,
Sumit
Dear Sumit,
Thank you so much. My wife sends her regards to you. I don't know how far she will take her interest but as of now she wants to
keep practicing. And, as you have observed, she is quite determined :D

Cheers
TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:36 pm

mundaire wrote:You really did not waste any time after we swapped those text messages, now did you!! :lol:

More power to the better half & to you for initiating her into this most addictive of all hobbies! :) So which firearm does she want for herself now? Don't tell me it's one of your prized .22 cal handguns? Be hard saying no to her now - eh? ;) :lol: Of course, now you have 3 more license slots to fill up, better start saving up buddy! :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Hi Buddy,
After we swapped those messages I did spend some time thinking whether uploading these photos and the video would be a good idea because at the end of the day I would be the one facing posts like these in return :lol:
The lady sends over her regards with a big "Thank you" :D You got it right... her eyes are fixed on my hi standard, since it is the smallest one. So I have decided to get a 2 inch snub nose for her. That would be the best choice for concealed carry. In fact I am in the process of redoing my arsenal and filling up papers :D
Cheers
Tanmay

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:44 pm

tirpassion wrote:
gladiatorgarg wrote:TC daa boudi is looking like modern day durgaa...with pistol n rifle instead of trident in her hand...great going hope to see more such ladies as our torch bearers
+ 1 TCda :agree:

In fact, that was the first impression I had when I saw the photo: the armed Shakti.
saw the video also :D . Boudi key amar pennam janiyo!!!
Happy Bengali New Year to you all!

best regards
tirpassion
Dear Tir,
Since I have to face the unarmed Shakti at home every now and then I know what you mean :lol:
Boudi ke tor pennam janiyechhi r boudi toke ashirwaad pathiyechhe. :D
Happy Bengali New Year. Sobai bhalo thakis.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Moin. wrote:AMAZINGGGGGGG Stuff Tcda. JUST saw the video. She had such a big smile on her face after the shoot. :) Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Moin dear,
Yes, that smile showed how happy she was.. :D

Cheers
TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Lawman wrote:Dear TC_da, it is the most inspiring video in Bengali New Year Day. Hats off to you and boudi.

Lawman
Thanks Lawman for the kind words. I feel inspired too :D
Shuvo Naba Barsho.

Cheers
TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:54 pm

to_saptarshi wrote:Brilliant photo and Video TC da. Reminds me of Vidya Balan in Kaahani. Very inspiring and encouraging for todays women. Thanks a lot for posting this. I am sure many others will inspired by this.
on the other hand looking at the outstanding location how about inviting us there for our next IFG meet :D
Hi Saptarshi,
Thank you so much. Your boudi has started to feel a little embarrassed now with all the comparisons to Durga and Vidya Balan. She is a homemaker with varied interests and hobbies like cooking, creative writing and photography among others. Guns seem to be the new one on her list :D

Cheers
TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:09 pm

brihacharan wrote:
tirpassion wrote:
gladiatorgarg wrote: TC daa boudi is looking like modern day durgaa...with pistol n rifle instead of trident in her hand...great going hope to see more such ladies as our torch bearers
TC,
Briha
Brihaji and Tir,
Thank you so much. It was not my intention to create any toofan but I have to admit that my wife and I are humbled by the encouragement and response from all members. These photos and videos were taken a month ago but all this while I was in two minds as to whether I should post these on the forum. My wife is absolutely new to this discipline and has to learn a lot about guns, ammo, laws etc etc before she can actually take part in any discussion. I think I should give her the time and in the meanwhile teach her all that I know... if not all at least as much as she wants to learn. But rest assured she is a very keen and quick learner.

Regards and thanks
TC
Last edited by TC on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:19 pm

TC wrote...
Brihaji and Tir,
Thank you so much. It was not my intention to create any toofan but I have to admit that my wife and I are humbled by the encouragement and response from all members. These photos and videos were taken a month ago but all these while I was in two minds on whether I should post these on the forum. My wife is absolutely new to this discipline and has to learn a lot about guns, ammo, laws etc etc before she can actually take part in any discussion. I think I should give her the time and in the meanwhile teach her all that I know... if not all at least as much as she wants to learn. But rest assured she is a very keen and quick learner.
Regards and thanks

TC,
I think I should give her the time and in the meanwhile teach her all that I know... if not all at least as much as she wants to learn. But rest assured she is a very keen and quick learner.

> That's all there's to it...
> Remember "Every Long Journey" begins with a small step in the right direction - Both of you have taken it :D
> Way to GO :)
Briha

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Thank you so much Brihaji.... we start with your blessings :D

TC

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Jeez TC I don't envy you ;-) Hope you have all important days marked in. ;0
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.