Buy Her a Gun - Economic Times

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Buy Her a Gun - Economic Times

Post by inplainsight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:31 pm

only32owner wrote:
kandarp wrote:
only32owner wrote: I have never been it to a physical fight with anyone. But I carry my hand gun and will never think twice before firing it to defend the pride and honour of people who matters to me in life.
Hell yeah! I wouldn't think twice before shooting / stabbing / or maiming bastards like these. I'm just glad they were not sons of politicians or industrialists, or the victim would never get any justice!
I am not getting your point here.

If I am not wrong, victims never get justice only culprits get punishments.
What kind of punishments to those Monsters can bring back normal life back to the girl and the boy?
I am talking about the difference it would have made if they had a gun ?
Mind you, criminals are criminals not depending on what their fathers are.

Do all sons of politicians or industrrialist go on raping and killing and all sons of poor slum deweller do that ?

In a nutshell, criminal are criminals they should see Barrel of our gun and feel the hot lead if requered.

Regards.
The point was that one should not think twice about wasting away scum like this.

Nothing can ever bring back the normalcy that she might have enjoyed before these monsters decided to snatch it away. Her life will never be the same, but the fact that the criminals have no clout will ensure that they get punished.

Criminals are criminals, but sadly in our country the rich and powerful criminals are rarely punished.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:33 pm

TC wrote:Nice article despite Mr Nandy's bookish comments... Thanks Abhijeet. You may soon get a call from one of my reporters on the same issue.

Cheers

TC
Look forward to fielding that call buddy! :) We really NEED to get the message out, whether or not people agree with it at least they need to KNOW that they do have options - other than depending on the same chaps (for their & their loved one's safety) who were beating unarmed defenceless women protesters senseless at India gate/ Vijay chowk!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:39 pm

@karandeep

I belive in

My duties as a law abiding citizen.
At the same time I respect my RIGHTS and HONOUR.
I dont care , who is whose son? DO YOU?

If faced with a criminal, who is ready to harm what is most presious to me, yes my life, safety of loved once their honour.

What you expect, I'll ask him who you father is ?

I am proud to be a gun owner, it gives me sense of security. and ensorse security of what I value in life.

Regards.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:45 pm

only32owner wrote:@karandeep

I belive in

If faced with a criminal, who is ready to harm what is most presious to me, yes my life, safety of loved once their honour.

I am proud to be a gun owner, it gives me sense of security.
Let's settle it at this. :agree: I was just commenting on the fact that a certain part of our society feel and acts like its above the law.

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:59 pm

kandarp wrote:
only32owner wrote:@karandeep

I belive in

I am proud to be a gun owner, it gives me sense of security.
Let's settle it at this. :agree: I was just commenting on the fact that a certain part of our society feel and acts like its above the law.
No one is above the law,
its just the feeling of few who think they are 'VICTIMS'.

Regards.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Sirs,
In wake of recent incidences, while I live in Noida and a proud gun owner.
I am going to apply for Handgun license for my wife, she has asked for it.

We are not sure whether we will get it or not, but atleast we will do our best.

Atleast a 0.22 rev will give her some security, than nothing.

What times do we live in........alas.

renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by renjith747 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:28 pm

kandarp wrote:I don't think this (arming women/RKBA) can be achieved with changes to the licensing policy alone. Consider this, if every single application was granted, then who would supply the guns (lets not even discuss the issues with obtaining reliable ammunition). IOF? I mean there is a limit till when our supply of imported weapons will last, these are bound to become unreliable/obsolete/extinct in the wild eventually.

I dont see this happening till the EXIM policy is changed to encourage competition in the Indian market. Otherwise all we will achieve is to put expenseive pieces of scrap metal in the hands of our mothers/sisters/wives/daughters which might just put them more at risk. Am I willing bet the safety of my wife/mother on an IOF weapon?
:agree:

Perception of people are different and varies from person to person.Some will like to own a gun as a status symbol and for others if they have sound financial background they take it as a tool for self defense and some like to own a gun for shooting sports in indian scenario.As the price of iof revolvers/pistols are very high compared to US market majority of people in india will not apply for arms license for self defense as the weapon is very costly.This is the one reason the import of fire arms is in restricted in exim policy.The time duration for the issue of fresh arms license and strict policy of the government curtailed the no of applications for arms license in current situation.More over majority of people in india fear guns and they become antis.Awareness among people should be created by conducting training for civilians to handle arms safely through district rifle clubs.

For students and people who work for low salaries a gun and gun license is a big NO....NO.. next to impossible in current situation and it will remain so in future.
I am afraid to say that without having a solution for this RKBA campaign will not be a success.

Regards
Renjith

AbbasRiz
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by AbbasRiz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 am

Dear friends,
I have started the big campaign. I have sent an e-mail to Honourable Justice Verma, as follows.
I request you all to send your e-mails with some more logics and reasonings in addition to that of mine.
The Govt. will certainly listen.
Regards,
Abbas

Sarfaraz Abbas Rizvi [email protected] Respected Sir,
(01) After the crime ( read rape) is committed, even if you hang the criminal, the poor victim can not live a normal lifein future. The damage is irrecoverable.
(02) The main focus should be to prevent the criminal ( read rapist) before he commits the crime.
(03) For this, all the working girls and female students should have easy access to small hand guns ( pistols, revolvers) - of course with valid license.
(04) For this, the laws governing issuance of fire arms should be made more lenient. No application for arms license forwarded by a female be rejected. At present it is almost impossible to get a fire arm license in India.
(05) There should be compulsary training pertaining to use and operation of hand guns to all the female students at school / college level. It can be through compusary NCC training to girl students.

Yours sincerely,

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:29 pm

And for those who say our protection is the police's responsibility.

Email written to Justice Verma.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:47 pm

SS wrote:And for those who say our protection is the police's responsibility.

Email written to Justice Verma.
I'm ashamed to be an Indian. Have just started writing my email to the committee.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:54 pm

we should request for right to proactive defense and allowing those who meet the requirement of the arms act/rules should be granted arms licences with out hassle and department rules guidelines which prevent one to get an arms licence. rather then being raped/murders for lack of arms.

do i give a dam for guilty verdict of my killers? after i am dead?

does a girl give a dam about her rapist found guilt after she is raped?

what good is the police force when they can not prevent crime?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:09 pm

The police is there to charge the criminals 'after' a crime has been committed.Laws and the police are not a deterrence for criminals for the simple reason that they either do not think of consequences before committing a crime or think that they can get away with it.

Rape is generally a crime of opportunity. Rapists in India also feel that the victim will keep quite because of the stigma attached to it.As per statistics,rape is a hugely unreported crime in India.There is a need for change in the entire justice delivery system...and not just in matters related to rape.The first step would be to make the entire system less geared to providing lawyers with a career....to make it less lawyer centric and like the French system,more judge centric.

Some of the laws enacted to redress inequalities in society have created their own problems.One that comes to mind is Section 498A that deals with dowry. The enactment was poorly thought out and its misuse has created a demand to make changes.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:41 pm

mundaire wrote:
TC wrote:Nice article despite Mr Nandy's bookish comments... Thanks Abhijeet. You may soon get a call from one of my reporters on the same issue.

Cheers

TC
Look forward to fielding that call buddy! :) We really NEED to get the message out, whether or not people agree with it at least they need to KNOW that they do have options - other than depending on the same chaps (for their & their loved one's safety) who were beating unarmed defenceless women protesters senseless at India gate/ Vijay chowk!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
In a day or two buddy.. I am trying to do my bit as promised... Hate to see whats going on there (delhi)

Cheers
TC

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Saw this pic in TOI, what a sad day for the worlds largest democracy. The Home Minister comparing student protestors to Naxalites and the Delhi Police Chief referring to the injured Students and Media Persons as collateral damage. Makes one really question ones belief in law and order, democracy and elected government.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Sent my email!