Why prevent hunting when legal?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Why prevent hunting when legal?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:59 pm

It is really surprising why some people overlord into private matters of others when it is none of their business? What is wrong if someone is hunting in a country where hunting is legal?

NAGPUR: Minister of state for school education and women and child development Fouzia Khan came under intense criticism from the opposition members after her photographs with hunted wild animals, a rarity in India, were flashed across the net on Friday. TOI is in possession of the pix but has not used them because of poor resolution.

The pictures, showing a gun-toting Khan posing with carcasses of many herbivores including impalas and a zebra, were apparently shot in a private game reserve near Port Elizabeth in South Africa. Khan claims she did not shoot the animals though hunting is legal in that country. She admitted to TOI, though, that the animals were shot by members of her party and she consumed the bush meat.

The opposition members led by leader in assembly Eknath Khadse stated that minister's act didn't suit her stature, especially when hunting was prohibited in India. Leader of opposition in council Vinod Tawde mentioned her name for killing animals during a debate in the council. The members demanded her resignation on moral grounds. Citing wildlife regulations in India, they demanded an enquiry for her brutal acts.

The minister found herself in the soup after electronic media flashed the photographs. In pictures, the minister is in visibly happy mood along with her family members and friends. The animals seen in the photographs include african deer, stalked deer, zebra and others. The carcasses had wooden stumps impaled into the neck to hold the head up for pictures.

Khan tried to steer clear of the controversy. "The animals were hunted by professional hunters and by family friends. I did nothing wrong as hunting animals is completely legal in South Africa." About controversy about her act, she fumed, "it is nothing but intrusion in my private life." She said she would seek legal opinion on whether she could sue those who leaked the photographs.

The minister said these animals were legally 'culled' to maintain ecological balance. "They even sell meat of those animals. I also ate the meat of those animals as it was sold in markets. It's way of life in that country and also at places like US. I don't understand what wrong I did," she added. "We were on a private visit to family friends having business in South Africa. The media are unnecessarily creating a controversy with pictures leaked without our knowledge. I am a law-abiding citizen. I have never done such things in India," she asserted.

Greens are, naturally, upset by minister's' act. Tiger Centre chief Nishikant Mukherjee termed the act "ridiculous" and "in very poor taste". "Though she can't be indicted, still the act of killing animals for sport can't be justified. Why should we kill them, just because they can't talk or express their emotions? This is atrocious," he said.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 618942.cms
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Why prevent hunting when legal?

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Khan tried to steer clear of the controversy. "The animals were hunted by professional hunters and by family friends. I did nothing wrong as hunting animals is completely legal in South Africa." About controversy about her act, she fumed, "it is nothing but intrusion in my private life." She said she would seek legal opinion on whether she could sue those who leaked the photographs.
Bravo, take a stand lady. Tell them it's time to do it in India. You don't needs to duck, you hunt, you hunt, you hunt, deal with it. You live by the choices you make and follow the law of the land. Heck with, if it's green's and vegan's problem, don't tell a grown up responsible person how to live by their standards. Rant over - Haji
Last edited by Hammerhead on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 pm

I find it amazing that she is ducking questions on what was obviously a legal hunt, needless to say it is absolutely appalling that people are trying to equate her (legal) hunt with a poaching incident! :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Arien73
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Arien73 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Hello Ifgns,

i completely agree that if the law of land allows hunting , there is nothing wrong in that, it is obvious that it is for the purpose,, just here in u.s so many people get killed due to deer accidents ,, if deer hunting season is not there ..they can be real problem and nuisance..and hunting is opened usually when most of animals are in mating season.... .. had india too carved out hunting policies from day one,, there would not have any poaching problems.... and they might have better maintained their population.....these days in haryana and rajasthan there is a big problem with the population of neelgaya(blue bull)... and everyday we hear accidents with them... but nothing can be done as there are no policies to deal with them...

u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by u_vaste » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 pm

mundaire wrote:I find it amazing that she is ducking questions on what was obviously a legal hunt, needless to say it is absolutely appalling that people are trying to equate her (legal) hunt with a poaching incident! :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
with previous celebrity involved hunting cases people only know that hinting is taboo here and to justify hunting you have explain to masses legality of hunting in different places probably opposition trying to get advantage of that and lady seems to be on back foot already. I do not think these politicians give damn whether animal is hunted or men they will use anything to get advantage.

.338 lapua
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .338 lapua » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:15 pm

It is just another example of stupid politics,imo this lady has done nothing wrong and people have no right to indulge in her personal life,there are lots of Indians who hunt in SA.
"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!"
MarkTwain

Tango_ Charli
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Tango_ Charli » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 pm

mundaire wrote:I find it amazing that she is ducking questions on what was obviously a legal hunt, needless to say it is absolutely appalling that people are trying to equate her (legal) hunt with a poaching incident! :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet

:agree: With you sir

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:22 am

Just when I thought the political class has reached the nadir of stupidity, it goes and finds a new nadir! Now Indians visiting US or Europe should drive on the left, what?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am

essdee1972 wrote:Just when I thought the political class has reached the nadir of stupidity, it goes and finds a new nadir! Now Indians visiting US or Europe should drive on the left, what?
Don't they already? :mrgreen:

AK49
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by AK49 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:28 pm

They are politicians they can't let an opportunity slip by.
Regards,
AK49

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 pm

did anyone read the india today article stating that "Interestingly, while some of the animals killed do come in the endangered species list and are protected under the Wildlife Protection Act in India, killing these animals in South Africa is legal"

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/maha ... 37841.html

I have written and commented asking them to state which of these animals is protected in india. Please comment on the story in india today website
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:57 am

Should have asked them about "african deer" and "stalked deer", the discovery of specie of deer in South Africa is a scientific breakthrough worthy of news coverage by itself. Journalists.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:11 am

You know what bothers me? Almost all these people eat meat, wear leather goods, etc.
Someone has to kill the animal that they consume.

It is sheer hypocrisy to chide someone for hunting when you eat meat or utilize animal products yourself.
Usually the bigger the noise they make about the issue, the more of a fake they are.
If they are so obviously hypocritical and fake, why would anyone take them seriously?

Do you use the following? They were made of animal by products and an animal had to be killed to make it.
If you use any of the products listed below, don't you dare say a word against legal, ethical hunting.

1. Plastic bags
2. Car and Bike tires
3. Glues used in wood working and musical instruments
4. Some biofuels
5. Fireworks
6. Fabric Softeners
7. Shampoo and Condtioner
8. Toothpaste
9. Some refined sugars
10. Gelatin (Jello)
11. Many soaps, detergents and household cleaners.

link here
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:15 am

She should stand up and Educate the media rather than feeling guilty and avoiding questions on what is legal and ethical as well as good for the Eco system
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:22 am

Thanks " shooter"

They are asking people gone to overseas to drive on the left side of the road, because WE drive here on the left. Are they !!!!!!!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke