Don't mess with the old guy!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Don't mess with the old guy!

Post by xl_target » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:34 am

38 year old intruder disarmed and knocked out by 79 year old Bull rider
Ervin stumbled out of bed toward the front door, where he found a gunman carrying a rifle and trying to break into his house.

“I figured there’s a whole lot of ways I can do this,” said Brittnacher. “And I don’t want to shoot him.”

And yes, he could’ve easily shot the intruder. The 79-year-old keeps rifles propped next to his doors to scare away coyotes. Old photographs hanging on his walls show him riding bulls and certificates deem him a member of the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame.

But when he saw the gunman and listened to his almost unintelligible gibberish, Brittnacher decided to handle things differently.

“I didn’t know whether to be scared or feel sorry for him,” he said.

So he hit the guy. Hard. Right in the throat, like a karate chop.

“I just took that old hand and give him a good old chop,” he said. “And normally, that really hurts bad.

The old cowboy gestured toward his chest as he explained what he did next.

“And then, if you take the fist and punch him right in between one of these ribs coming apart, that makes all this go up and you can’t even think good for a good while,” Ervin said. “And all of a sudden, he decided he didn’t want to do this anymore.”
Link Here
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Don't mess with the old guy!

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 am

“I figured he would hurt him worse,” said his son, Mark. “He’s not someone to mess with. Nicest man you’d ever want to meet. Do anything for you. But you don’t want to cross him, push him around. He ain’t going to put up with that.”

I hate you , Cowboy sir
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:42 am

I hate you , Cowboy sir
LOL, I would say SIR, too when addressing this gentleman.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 am

at 79,if he is so gud,imagine when he was young.
regards
dr.jk

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:15 am

dr.jayakumar wrote:at 79,if he is so gud,imagine when he was young.
regards
dr.jk
LOL - going by what I've read above, I wouldn't want to be the one telling him that he is an "old man" :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:33 am

:lol: Good one - what a man! He is so used to 'taking the bull by the horns' - this one must have been simple!

Quite enjoyed that xl_target!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!