The police will protect you

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: The police will protect you

Post by dev » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Dear Shri Raptor,

Apologies as I misread something. I had asked you to kindly refrain and not issued a gag order.
Secondly, I don't claim to have any credentials with the cops. I have only shared what I have experienced.
Thirdly, the forum is not a democracy and if something sounds offensive we(moderators) have amended it.
You are a member as long as you toe the line.

I do not like disrespecting the dead, whether by their own carelessness or by whatever, they have paid for their mistake with their lives.
Let's not go and step on their graves.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I find the original news report that opened this thread quite disturbing. I am no fan of our police force: most of them are callous, incompetent bullies (you can sense I have no friends or relatives in khaki). However, the anarchy such attacks represent is dangerous to a cohesive society.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Raptor
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raptor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:17 pm

dev wrote:Dear Shri Raptor,

Apologies as I misread something. I had asked you to kindly refrain and not issued a gag order.
Secondly, I don't claim to have any credentials with the cops. I have only shared what I have experienced.
Thirdly, the forum is not a democracy and if something sounds offensive we(moderators) have amended it.
You are a member as long as you toe the line.

I do not like disrespecting the dead, whether by their own carelessness or by whatever, they have paid for their mistake with their lives.
Let's not go and step on their graves.

Dev
None required , Sir Dev! But I have, as yet, not overstepped the line, have I? I mean, one is entitled to an opinion isn't one?
And about those who have passed on, while it might certainly be considered unseemly to deride them...and I am sure you noticed that I tried to bring that to a close (refer-They paid for their ineptitude with their lives.Enough said!)should we not analyze their mistakes so that those are not repeated, agreed sir? :D
"It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Shri Raptor,

Agreed and thanks.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL [quote="Raptor"][quote="Safarigent"]

Let's take a moment to discuss what 'people like me' would have done...
Firstly how can you lay claim to what people like me are capable of? You don't know me.
Secondly 'People like me' would not have launched an ill fated patrol on scooters, no less!
Finally 'People like me' keep a calm head and get the job done. 'People like me' don't posture for an audience nor do they resort to effussive rhetoric to compensate for their common sense/lack

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Training -CAT GRE aspirants, so says your profile lolll. What would yo have done, given the terrorist a lesson in Quant..loll....

Sorry for responding to your comments or taking you seriously ROTFL ROTFL my bad. I'll also quote a popular saying in Marathi which translates in Hindi as Kawwe ke Shraab se Gai marti nahin ROTFL. Carry on by all means Sir Raptor. No more comments.

TC, tata...

Best
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Wrt your comment regarding piling into a vehicle - When cops move, they do so with what they have which is - Production vehicles with sirens and without souped up engines, transmissions, suspension or ballistic steel doors and ballistic grade glass as do the cops of other countries.

In such a scenario, an ambush upon one car will mean most will die and the ones that don't will be buried under a pile of bodies.If the cops are spread out in many vehicles, the chances of this is lessened.

Is this what you want to say?

Let me tell you that in one car or ten, all will react the same way - Unpredictably.We can't sit and say they will be slaughtered.Some clever driving might happen.Or, they might shoot back.They might duck.They might run their attackers off the road.They aren't trained for this.But they might in that life or death situation.

And also, what makes you think the terrorists will manage to hit anyone in a moving vehicle with an AK? Many can't hit a running man with one.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

Raptor
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raptor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Moin. wrote:ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Raptor wrote:
Safarigent wrote:

Let's take a moment to discuss what 'people like me' would have done...
Firstly how can you lay claim to what people like me are capable of? You don't know me.
Secondly 'People like me' would not have launched an ill fated patrol on scooters, no less!
Finally 'People like me' keep a calm head and get the job done. 'People like me' don't posture for an audience nor do they resort to effussive rhetoric to compensate for their common sense/lack

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Training -CAT GRE aspirants, so says your profile lolll. What would yo have done, given the terrorist a lesson in Quant..loll....

Sorry for responding to your comments or taking you seriously ROTFL ROTFL my bad. I'll also quote a popular saying in Marathi which translates in Hindi as Kawwe ke Sharaab se Gai marti nahin ROTFL. Carry on by all means Sir Raptor. No more comments.

TC, tata...

Best
Moin.
jaane wale ko kaun rok sakta hai sir moin...jaate jaate tohfa kabool farmaye
this is what i do NOW, yes... BTW my proffesion is laudable enough to be posted on my profile...I noticed yours is ,well.... Missing! (not worthy enough of a mention perhaps)
allow me to to do you the courtesy sir , of a parting shot ' countering arguments with insults is and has been a common trait of the inept, the ignorant and the uncouth throughout history !' or one may also term it as an innate ' inability to face the music' if one chooses to do so

oh and I teach english by the way...so amend that to 'teaching terrorists a lesson in verbal ability' :D
bye bye sir, fare well!

Respectfully
Raptor 8)

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Come now - Everyone knows Moin is occupied as a Knife Romeo!!!

No thoughts on how the cops should move yet? Chuckle.

Raptor
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raptor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Skyman wrote:Wrt your comment regarding piling into a vehicle - When cops move, they do so with what they have which is - Production vehicles with sirens and without souped up engines, transmissions, suspension or ballistic steel doors and ballistic grade glass as do the cops of other countries.

In such a scenario, an ambush upon one car will mean most will die and the ones that don't will be buried under a pile of bodies.If the cops are spread out in many vehicles, the chances of this is lessened.

Is this what you want to say?

Let me tell you that in one car or ten, all will react the same way - Unpredictably.We can't sit and say they will be slaughtered.Some clever driving might happen.Or, they might shoot back.They might duck.They might run their attackers off the road.They aren't trained for this.But they might in that life or death situation.

And also, what makes you think the terrorists will manage to hit anyone in a moving vehicle with an AK? Many can't hit a running man with one.
sir, i believe there is something in the handbook called tactical patrolling....BTW do you mean that our police are untrained in counter terrorist response tactics as well? Hmmm... :!: oh and i don't know about terrorists, that is not the company I keep, but it's damn difficult to put down a running anything! That's where assault rifles come in, no? Spray the area and to hell with accuracy! I guess i'm still missing the point sir....

Raptor
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raptor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Skyman wrote:Come now - Everyone knows Moin is occupied as a Knife Romeo!!!

No thoughts on how the cops should move yet? Chuckle.
what is a 'knife romeo?'.....sounds hilarious! :D

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

They aren't trained in pursuit and evasive driving.They are trained in counter terrorist operations.

You did miss the point.The Americans expended 300,000 rounds per enemy killed in the Afghan war.That's how difficult it is.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

pathetic..http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdUrW ... .cmsthough he did this alone,the whole department is looked down.
now what will be our opinion?
regards
dr.jk

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

He is a software engineer i think, and is a romeo unto knives.

DR Jk - He pimped out his uniform? What a disgrace, tch tch.

ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ak27 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:17 pm

I think Moin is a Civil Engineer/Architect and a few gentleman here have interacted with him in-person I believe. He,as far as I know, is a decent gentleman and has contributed to a significant extent to this forum.

Please fellas, let's not start throwing stones at each other. Last time I checked, IFG is the last place one would go for trolling.

:cheers:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Assuredly.I was merely pointing out his love for knives.He is a very respected and amicable fellow.