Look at what MSN's posting now

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
DAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Look at what MSN's posting now

Post by DAN » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:36 pm

http://news.in.msn.com/blog/cursory-tak ... 16972d55b3

A gun is a very simple tool, something that comes with a one-point agenda. Once invented, there was always going to be but one utility for the gun: To kill. Unlike other objects which can be used to kill, like a knife or income tax, a gun cannot be used for anything else. A person who goes to a shop to buy a gun, almost certainly has murder on his mind. And if murder is illegal, then I, for the life of me, cannot understand how purchasing a gun can be legal
With this type of twisted logic the writer is definately poisoning the minds of people who are new to guns. Just look at the link and decide for yourselves. He seriously looks like a communuist looking to spread anti-gun propoganda. I urge the members to contact him and try to change his views and ask him to collect his info from reliable sources next time before posting things like this.
:deadhorse:

:cheers:

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Look at what MSN's posting now

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:47 pm

This writer is a real moron and mental retard. India has one the the world's strictest gun control laws, what is gun control doing in India when thousands of defenseless victims disarmed by Arms Act 1959, are killed every year by criminals using of all kinds of implements and illegal weapons? The gun control of Arms Act 1959 was helping whom on 26/11, when Kasab and company were killing hundreds of victims disarmed by Arms Act 1959?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 pm

As Bugs Bunny would say: "what a maroon".

He doesn't seem to understand that there is a piece of parchment sitting in the National Archives Building in Washington D.c. that guarantees all American citizens the right to keep and bear arms. So till the constitution of the USA is changed, American citizens will be allowed to keep and bear arms.

Hmm! There doesn't seem to be a way to comment on the article. I guess I wouldn't want any comments either if I wrote such garbage.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:45 pm

As expected as usual after such incidents.

There will so called experts popped up from nowhere. Until now not a single person argued that unarmed unprotected civilians should be properly armed to teeth and allowed to defend when times come. Time and time we see the unarmed, women, children ducked under the tables and pantries and guys fighting with inadequated weapons and lost. Time and time we see that until the good gun shows up there is nothing to stop the bad gun. I guess this Aarshey guy does not have balls to write that but writing victim impact statements based upon the sentiments sells more paper. Peace loving people does not have to be unarmed - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:56 pm

With very few exceptions, most things have multiple uses. Any sharp edged tool such as a cooking knife or automobile can be misused. The problem is in the person wielding the said object.
By this person's logic, all Police officers, Military personnel and law abiding citizens have murder on their minds :roll:

He seems to also forget other uses for firearms, such as recreational and target shooting, hunting and competition and he sure as heck does not know what self defense is. :x
Regards,
Anand

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 pm

The writer is either an idiot or he is profiting somehow behind the scenes that we do not know about.

For him to write this when the Olympics are going on and that shooting sports are, and pretty much always have been, a part of Olympic competition is evidence of this.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Hammerhead wrote:Time and time we see the unarmed, women, children ducked under the tables and pantries and guys fighting with inadequated weapons and lost. Time and time we see that until the good gun shows up there is nothing to stop the bad gun.
Like the youth outside Chabad Center on 26/11 who were trying to stop the AK47 wielding terrorists by throwing stones at them !! :shock:
Also, training is equally important as giving the gun in the hands of the citizen. Untrained/ill-trained civilians contribute to accidents and this is used by such dumb ass self proclaimed experts to build their case.

By the way I didn't know whether to laugh or cry on this piece since Cops ask the license applicants all the time "what is the big threat to your life when we are here?"
Delhi Constables among four men arrested for abduction in UP - http://www.dailypioneer.com/city/86235- ... in-up.html

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:19 pm

A person who goes to a shop to buy a gun, almost certainly has murder on his mind.
OMG!!! That is one of the most overreaching generalizations I have ever read.
As I put it so eloquently in the preceding paragraph, a gun can be used for precious little apart from killing and maiming.
And he proceeds to pat his own back and call his chimerical blabber "eloquent"

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:49 pm

A person who goes to a shop to buy a gun, almost certainly has murder on his mind.
OMG!!! That is one of the most overreaching generalizations I have ever read.
Most rational and thinking people do not accept that one person can "almost certainly" read another person's mind.

I would say with 100% certainty that this is nothing but bunkum and hyperbole, and that such statements usually come from the mouths of kooks and cranks.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman