Arms License

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
karan698
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Arms License

Post by karan698 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi Friends

I am from New Delhi and professionally I am an Advocate in Delhi itself. I am interested and looking forward to get arms license but it seems its quite difficult to get from Delhi.
I would like to request you guys to please help me out in getting the Arms License the problem is i am new advocate and in delhi they are aksing for ITR though right now i do not have my ITR as i have started my practice recently so this is why i am facing problem i am sure someone will be there in forum to help me out.

I have been to Delhi Rifle Association and other people also but trust me they are not worth of taking help as there behavior is very arrogant towards everyone.

Regards
Karan

For Advertising mail webmaster
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Arms License

Post by inplainsight » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Karan,

I too am in the middle of applying for an arms license in Delhi. I moved back to India from the US, earlier this year, and don't have an ITR either.

Having said that, I'd recommend you read the Arms Act (http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1474). You will notice that it does not mention that only Taxpayers have a right to bear arms. ANY citizen of India (barring a few miscreants) can apply for and obtain an arms license. (This should also help you with the annoying question on the Application Form : Reason for applying for an Arms License)

My advice, Memorize the Arms Act, get prints outs of the relevant sections, have your paperwork (minus the ITR) in order and fight to the death!

Do let me know how it turns out, I will be posting my experience here, once I submit my paperwork.

Good luck,
Kandarp

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Arms License

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Please read Section 14(ii)(2) of Arms Act 1959, ITR, property, wealth etc. is not needed to get arms license under Arms Act 1959. Technically even a beggar has right to get an arms license, since arms are fundamental right guaranteed to every citizen, under Articles 19, 21 of the Constitution and constitutional right under Article 300A of the Constitution. Arms Act 1959 is just a regulatory law to regulate this fundamental and constitutional right. I have also tried to explain this matter briefly in this post http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 08#p161218

So long you have not suppressed any material facts in your arms license application, you have nothing to worry. Let them refuse the arms license application, appeal to the appellate authority, let him refuse application, file a writ in High Court as party in person. High Court will direct them to issue the license. This is the usual process for most of the arms license applicants all over India. Let me know when you are about to file a writ, I will give you maximum legal points to strengthen your writ. If you have any questions or doubts related to Arms Act 1959/Rules, please feel free to ask.

You do not have to personally run or beg around in office of licensing authority for arms license. Send your completed application form via Registered or Speed Post(read Rule 51(b) of Arms Rules 1962) and track it via RTI.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992