Illinois baby obtains gun permit

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Illinois baby obtains gun permit

Post by snIPer » Thu May 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Bubba Ludwig may only be 10 months old, but he has already successfully obtained a gun licence in the US state of Illinois.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6662213.stm?lsm
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Illinois baby obtains gun permit

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu May 17, 2007 4:19 pm

Susheel,

Some more anti gun crap from the net? You do have an interesting pastime as I can see. :wink:

The B0)110(#$ and B^11$5!T Corporation propaganda is seriously flawed because a FOID card is not a "license" to own a gun. Try walking into any store with a FOID and buying a gun with that alone - you would be told what you could do with it. BAsically, to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. :wink: :lol:

Buying a gun requires a driver's license (proof of age - min 18 years) financial statements for at least 3 months, proof of residency and official documentation of your address, a 3 working day waiting period during which your background is checked on the FBI database, etc. FOID cards are issued to anyone who has a clean record and they are merely permission to shoot at a range or under supervision in the case of those below 18. When a minor is issued a FOID card, it implies that the parent applying for it is responsible for anything that could go wrong while the minor uses a firearm.

An unemployed reporter who wrote this piece for a newspaper whose boss is on trial for fraud, obviously was out to do something sensationalist and try to find himself employable.

There is no shortage of left wing jokers and clowns out to jump up and down demanding "stronger" firearms laws especially in a city whose mayor is under investigation for mafia links and whose governors have a history of ending their terms in prison for the same. The saying that criminals favour gun control because it gives them a safe working environment is truer of Chicago and Illinois than anywhere else. I do wonder how, why and when you decided to join this chorus and jump up and down applauding their lies. :wink: First a link to the IANSA website over here and now this.

I do think an explanation of your intentions is in order.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu May 17, 2007 5:20 pm

Hi Mehul,
Different ppl different pastimes. Cant keep changing them just because some wild goat doesnt like it.

This article looked strange and i felt that others might like to have a look at it too. In what way is this article antigun??/ Maybe if you can post this in a reply on the BBC site that i picked it from then they themselves will realize the flaw that they have made.
Last edited by snIPer on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu May 17, 2007 9:44 pm

Susheel,

Nobody is asking you to leave, so stop playing a victim. But if your posts cause your presence here to be doubted, then you have yourself to look at. No one has seen a single post from NRA, GOA, JPFO etc by you or by another of our members who is very fond of posting anti gun BS. At the very least, your choice of websites for "news" is interesting. :wink:

If you used something that I am sure everyone does - Google - to research this "story" you would have seen that it was carried by the Chicago Sun Times first and thoroughly discredited including by law enforcement officers in this state. If there is anything silly about gun laws, it is the restrictions that they impose on people. If there is something vicious about this piece being carried as if it were gospel truth, it is the despicable manner in which the BBC has tried to spin it a full 48 hours after it was shown to be a fraudulently written piece.

Shows how the world's anti gunners would not hesitate before lying and spreading more lies. Yes, there was someone called Adolf Hitler who started a trend of propaganda and of confiscating guns in Europe. These days, Goebbels' legacy is carried on by the American and British media. And, of course, by their partners in crime in other parts of the world.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Bottom Line is Bubba got the license

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:42 pm

snIPer";p="36776 wrote:Bottom Line is Bubba got the license
Nope - he or more accurately his parents on behalf of him just got a glorified form of ID, that's it!!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Testing :-) i guess thats how all loopholes are discovered

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:08 pm

snIPer";p="36776 wrote:Bottom Line is Bubba got the license
Still trying to figure out this one :?:

Are we missing something here,see no point in digging up a thread that has been long dead and buried.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:12 pm

RIP ??? okie - so be it :wink:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Sniper as Mehul elaborated in his post, there is no loophole so to speak, AS simply having a FOID card is NOT permission to buy a firearm! Bubba would be still unable to purchase a firearm until he reaches a certain age... As to allowing kids to practice at the shooting range under supervision - plenty of us here were at it (shooting under supervision at ranges in India) since our school days... well before we could legally drive a motorised vehicle - of any de.scription!! They do have Junior and sub-junior events in pretty much every category (even in India) you know... :)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks Abhijeet was just flogging a dead horse.

Ah i see that i got ownership of all my older posts :-) can i have their bullets too please - i guess there were around 30000 of those which included some kind hearted gentlemans donation (large one :-))

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 pm

haven't seen any posts from Mehul in a while, I hope he is doing well.

-Naren