Fraud website for "News" on GUNS

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Fraud website for "News" on GUNS

Post by snIPer » Fri May 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi All,
Check out this link - :arrow:

http://www.gunpolicy.org/index.php?keyw ... ge=search2

The site itself has global news on gun related incidents - Good reading if you have the time.
JSS

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat May 05, 2007 6:32 am

Nice find Susheel.

I just saw a program on Israeli Tavor-21 - one bought for Assault Rifle Enters Service With Indian Special Forces.

Cheers

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Website for "News" on GUNS

Post by snIPer » Sat May 05, 2007 12:25 pm

IS that the same one that was featured on "FUTURE WEAPONS" that comes on Discovery Channel at 9.00 pm every Monday (should not miss this).

also do check this out - worth goin thru -
http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/futur ... ndex.shtml
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat May 05, 2007 12:35 pm

This is the website of IANSA an organisation that believes that no private citizen in the world deserves to own a gun. Rebecca Peters who heads this body is a typical anti gun fraud who was publicly debated and shown for a moron by the NRA's Wayne Lapierre some time ago. The NRA issued a DVD of the entire debate which is available with IFG in India whereas IANSA only carries parts of it on their website, showing what a bunch of crooks they are.

I can understand now how members here end up getting so-called "facts" about gun ownership that are totally false and fraudulently so.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat May 05, 2007 12:47 pm

Is there anywhere we can download that video from?

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat May 05, 2007 8:45 pm

Susheel,

Not sure if you can download the video from anywhere though you could check on the NRA website. They do give a copy of the DVD to members in the US and offer it on sale for $ 5 or so. It is definitely worth watching if someone cares about gun rights and the history of gun laws etc.

For everyone's information, IANSA was the organsiation that prodded the UN last year into holding a global gun ban conference and several gun owners' groups around the world sent e-mails and postcards to the UN protesting this. IIRC they received more than a million postcards alone. 8) In the end the pressure forced the US to withdraw support for a gun ban and those tyrants who organised the conference ended up with egg in their face. India's own Shashi Tharoor who was one of the supporters of this farce saw his hopes of becoming Secretary General dashed completely and had to take a ride back home. Another Secretary General wannabe who was also associated with this farce, Jayanta Dharmapala of Sri Lanka saw himself get the boot along with Tharoor.

This worked out positively for gun owners around the world, many of whom wrote to express their displeasure, including several members from here. 8) In our own little way, we managed to safeguard our rights from being taken away by the bloody UN. 8)

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:19 am

Guyz check out the second column in this web site under the headding Indian Gun Enthusiasts' Leader Envies Africans, Who 'Can Shoot Anything'.
http://www.gunpolicy.org/index.php?keyw ... ge=search2

Danish

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed May 09, 2007 8:28 am

Excellent eye Danish! You are a marksman in more way than one!

What did I say about these and similar scum anti gun scum masquerading as pro gunners? :lol:

And we even have members here who are happy to digest any of the BS that these scum toss out while they pretend to be a pro gun website. :roll:

I do hope that those who have been making it their raison d'etre on IFG to post anti gun propaganda (though this particular post does not come under that blanket category, definitely) on these forums pause to think a little before they bring this kind of dubious crap to the forums.

This is a lesson for everyone over here. :evil: :x

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 am

Well at at least now we know for sure that the site is a Fraud we should expose it and ensure that no true gun lover is cheated by its false propaganda.
Last edited by snIPer on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:55 pm

Mehul
By writing this on the site these anti gun peoples can't stop the gun lovers. By this they want a cheap publicity which is not possible. I have mailed them about this but i did'nt get any reply from them till now. This shows their cowardliness behaviour. But still... IFG Rulezzz :)

Danish

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed May 09, 2007 9:09 pm

Susheel,

As I said in my post above, I am not blaming you at all for anything. These websites have a devious agenda which they try to propagate by pretending to be gun friendly. They are constantly on the attempt at deceiving people. You will find any number oif groups with names like American Hunters and Shooters Association etc which are similar frauds. Ideally, check out the websites of groups like the NRA, Gun Owners of America, British Association for SHooting and Conservation etc. They would give you detailed and accurate infrmation from a gun owner friendly viewpoint.

Danish,

Sending those frauds an e-mail will not help as they most certainly would not answer it. They are in the business of deceiving people and spreading disinformation. It is a good thing that you caught them in the act of posting lies though who knows how many people have read and begun to believe in those lies by now?

Thanks for your efforts and cheers!

m24
Veteran
Veteran

www.gunpolicy.org

Post by m24 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:14 am

Check out www.gunpolicy.org . It is good site with news related to Guns from every country, compiled at one place.

Mods, if this has been posted earlier, my apologies.
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: www.gunpolicy.org

Post by mundaire » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 am

m24, I'm sure you must have posted this link in all innocence.... but this website is a sham, a mere front for those despicable gun grabbers at IANSA. :evil:

Do note their tag line -"international firearm violence and policy information". IIRC this link has been posted here on at least two other occasions, the second time was soon after IFG got it's first print media coverage (in Times of India), as these fellows had given that article an anti-gun twist, quoting lines out of context etc. (typical underhand anti-gunner tactics)... with their inherent bias against guns, I wouldn't believe anything published on this website. :P

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Fraud website for "News" on GUNS

Post by m24 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I apologize as that was not my intention at all. My only point of putting this post was that this site seemed to collate news about guns (and only NEWS) at one single site. Never went into the tagline and all. What can I say? Just that stupidity cannot be ruled out for this post.
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.