WHAT IF

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

WHAT IF

Post by nagarifle » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:53 am

this one i found and changed it somewhat so the applause does not go to me.

Give a gun to each person in the India - desiring to lawfully carry it for self defense. This person must be a law abiding citizen (no criminal record, age 21 , no mental history, you know...responsible). Make sure he/she knows how to use it for self defense (proper training). You'll see violent crime drop substantially.

* Here's the obvious: If you're a criminal - do you break into a house where a little old lady will shoot you or where a helpless victim is easy prey?

* If you're a criminal - do you care anything about the law? Obviously not! Isn't it naive to believe criminals will follow gun control laws?

* Why have we let our government legislate us into becoming potential victims? Criminals have guns while law-abiding citizens are left helpless.

* Why should criminals carry guns while law-abiding citizens are prohibited?

* Why add more gun control laws when criminals clearly ignore existing gun control laws?

* Any gun control that restricts law-abiding citizens is ridiculous - we're not the people who commit crimes.

* More guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens will lower crime and make the world a better place.

* One more quick point: If gun control works - why is crime so high in UP, Delhi etc? After all, guns are barely allowed in India.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: WHAT IF

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:02 am

REASON'S for being so.
1.good question.(nothing happens after this.)
2.we are not independent,still under british raj.
3.politicians and govt directly and indirectly give away our income to foriegn countries and so excists their old laws.
4.fools are ruling for our ex ruler's.
5.educated ias,ips and so on are chum cha's of the politicians,no personal or logical thinking.
6.fool the people with stickter gun laws.
7.according to the govt official's all licencees and people appling for a licence are criminals or near to..
8.gold is important than life.
9.no guts except Anna hazzare and team.
10.theft of the neighbour is like..thank god it didn't happen to me
11. to be safe buy a bigger lock.
12.no quality,cheapest is best(eg.IOF)
and so on for stupid gun laws.
regards Nagarifle.

Himachal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Himachal » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm

:agree:
With Regards

shooterkingsley
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooterkingsley » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:33 pm

:agree:

:deadhorse:

boris
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by boris » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:15 am

Sir here are my answers to your questions in particular order:

1)Break into the helpless thts wht criminals do attack the weak.

2)that is the biggest crock govts. use.

3)these criminals are a necessary evil for govts,they can be used by them to eliminate their enemies and they have done so time and again.On the other hand I see that majority of the civvies in India are fools because they believe "sarkar bhala karegi,ye PM ban ka desh ka bhalaa karega" after seeing the attitude of our folks I laugh when I read India will be the next superpower blah blah.The fools keep the crooks in power,the smart either move abroad or feed the crooks and profit out of it.a few good ones remain unfortunately we all in IFG are among the few good ones.

4)the gun is the tool for the criminals to exploit the weak and the helpless and if the weak dont have the tool they remain helpless hence in the ends criminals and their clean bosses satisfy their motives.

5)The guns laws arent for the criminals they are for us.

6)our govts are smart they dont want to see Egypt,Libya happening and the gun control NGO folks are top class puny morons who would run in fear after hearing a pistol shot I hate them a lot even if they were dying in front of me I'd let them die.

7)That is another crock in Scandinavian countries people have access to top class arms and there is so much peace there.South Korea with all their gun control will still not survive the whopping the NK Artillery on the DMZ will give them,simple than that with all the gun control in London crime is still high there.

8)UP,Delhi has always been run by crooks and the helpless junta are paper targets there.the citizens are the victims always.When govt tightened laws after 26/11 idiot junta was waah waah but simply think how does a citizen benefit against terrorism when the gun law that has been tightened is making him more helpless,freezing LeT assests would make more sense than showing the middle finger to your citizens I mean how can someone with a 30m range .32 pistol with 50 rounds cause havoc.

Contd.
You haven't lived until you have been close to death,for those who fight life has a different flavor that the protected will never know.

boris
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by boris » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:36 am

So in the end what do I say,

I firstly applaud the effort NAGRI has done but will the gun laws in India change for the better??Well after knowing my leaders and the citizens here I say not a chance-the import ban will go on,the PB bores will stay,licensing will be a pain in the behind I'd rather go and climb Mt. Everest.

Our citizens,police even army are against lenient gun laws.I remember a 2 Para(SF) officer telling me a year back that it is good our laws are very strict,he questioned me "do you have an idea the damage a 0.32 can cause" I gave up it was heart breaking,next time an army officer will say that I'll ask him "do u have any idea how many human rights violations have been filed against your organisation??"

It is said that living in the worlds largest democracy I cant own a good quality gun because my govt. doesnt make it here and doesnt allow to import from the best and now even airguns are out of reach.My only source to see my dream firearms in action is on Youtube where sometimes the owner has no regard for gun safety and shoots like a drunk monkey.I still remember the day when I first went to a gun store and touched a .32 CZ-27 and cocked the slide even if I touch a victoria's secret model I wont be as happy as when I felt that lovely piece of steel in my hands.

Also to the TR folks selling their arms off,you guys are the biggest crooks possible what you bought for 30000 Rs you sell here for almost 100 times the amount where do you think you live?In Zimbabwe where such an inflation is possible.

Some people in life when have material wishes ,dream to own an expensive sports car,a million $ mansion,expensive watches etc what do I dream of??a simple 500$ pistol that I can shoot on a paper target and derive happiness out of,I dont want a sports car if I tell people they'll be like "wow,great,work hard kid" if I tell I want to own a few guns someday people here will say "are you a monster??are you insane" there will be people against me.

Honestly with all the politics,the way majority Indians think etc. this place makes me vomit now luckily immigration is not illegal so I know I have to be focused and work hard and get away.

Sorry for the philosophy but I needed to take it out.
You haven't lived until you have been close to death,for those who fight life has a different flavor that the protected will never know.

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:08 am

Sirs,
I am not able to understand what is the descussion here. I read the post once and I'll read it again.
So are we descussing guns over the counter for all who are above 21 years.
Can someone explain , Pls?
Thanks.

YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:28 am

NAGRI is a New and Young organization.

India is, relatively speaking, a new player in Democracy.

It will take time and lots of patience and hard work of Honest citizens

to get where many gun popular countries are.

One the ball gets rolling and the general population gets the message things will change.

Change may come slowly or in spurts. But, given the right push, it will come.

Look at the many changes in the US.

At several points in time, the Anti gun people were ahead. But, the Pro Gun Groups

under the NRA rallied and took the initative and never lost it.

It's All about politics. Learn to play the "game", getthe pro gun people to put their money

into Pro Gun politicians. One by one, help them win. Make sure they know who helped them.

As I said before, given enough members who vote, NAGRI can be a potent force in Indian politics.

After that, India can be the 800 pound Gorilla of that part of the world.

Remember, change will not happen overnight.

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:44 am

It can be achieved provided how far you are willing to go, firstly, we need to tackle this on multiple fronts:

1). Legal front i.e. approach the Supreme court and get them to acknowledge RKBA as a fundamental right and this has been discussed quite a few times here and the things needed here are money and time and good lawyers.

2). Continue with the lobbying in the political circles which I believe is being taken care of by NAGRI.

3). A media campaign to gain public support; this is going to be a bit tricky. You can do a few things here like for example; you get a couple of rape victims to go on national tv and say that if they a gun they wouldn’t be here as rape victims or do a bit of fear mongering like the Chinese are coming and the citizens are not well defended and the best way for the citizens to survive is to arm themselves (I know this is not very subtle, but its just an example of what you can do) or you can talk about democide and the government who disarms its own citizens are looking to commit democide and throw in a few examples like the incident in Maharashtra where police fired on unarmed farmers and historical precedents.
All the above mentioned points can be refined before being implemented.

Note of caution: talking about democide will not go down well with the government… and most likely you’ll be hauled up for tax evasion :mrgreen:
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:31 am

Very intersting to read,
i don't think NAGRI and RKBA has any thing to do with last post.

Regards.

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 am

spin_drift Sir
from Noida, I hope you know why police fired on the so called farmers in Maharastra.
First of all no farmer was protesting on the road , police didn't kill any farmer.
Secondly they (read well paid goons) had jammed a national highway and damaging and burning civilian vehicles.
What was their cause, NONE and whatever it may be , if you were travelling on such a road( national Highway) for some grivences with government a crowd comes and burn your vehicle , hopefully you manage to take out your familly.
I hope you will try to arm them with guns. and rant about police brutality.

Regards.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:53 am

YogiBear wrote:NAGRI is a New and Young organization.

India is, relatively speaking, a new player in Democracy.

It will take time and lots of patience and hard work of Honest citizens

to get where many gun popular countries are.

One the ball gets rolling and the general population gets the message things will change.

Change may come slowly or in spurts. But, given the right push, it will come.

Look at the many changes in the US.

At several points in time, the Anti gun people were ahead. But, the Pro Gun Groups

under the NRA rallied and took the initative and never lost it.

It's All about politics. Learn to play the "game", getthe pro gun people to put their money

into Pro Gun politicians. One by one, help them win. Make sure they know who helped them.

As I said before, given enough members who vote, NAGRI can be a potent force in Indian politics.

After that, India can be the 800 pound Gorilla of that part of the world.

Remember, change will not happen overnight.
I totally agree with YogiBear.

The very first thing NAGRI has to do is to promote itself, each and every gun lover(this includes air guns as well) and firearms owner should be a member of NAGRI. One good thing is that the membership is still free and this is one of the very important motivation for many people.

Some of the ideas would be:

- NAGRI facebook page, may be linked with indians for guns page.
- Adding regular updates on the facebook page and each and every active member here on IFG "liking" it so that it gets posted on respective facebook walls (this creates exponential exposure).

- One very important thing, and can't stress it enough, SUBMISSION OF MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS ONLINE through NAGRI website. Printing out the form and sending it via post takes a long time. And most of the time people lose interest just coz they are lazy to go to the post office. Heck, the appln form was lying with me for 3 days until I went to the post office and posted it. (Yes, I have sent my application from the US).

- Create a NAGRI twitter account and promote it here on IFG plus regular tweets.

The most important thing in online promotion is updates. If you have a site, keep posting updates. The updates will generate notifications and they will go to everybody who has subscribed. Everytime a person sees a notification, they will know the site is active and happening. Plus the word "NAGRI" will be inscribed in the minds of people.

Today pretty much the whole world knows what NRA means.

We will reach there, sooner or later.

-B

target shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by target shooter » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:21 am

Gun control is only for the legal guns, difficult to get a license and difficult to buy. Otherwise the disposable illegal ones are easily available and cheap. Raid a University hostel any day, a truck load of those illegal things may be recovered. ha ha hu hu hah