NRA USA vs NRAI

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mehulkamdar

NRA USA vs NRAI

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:39 pm

As many know, I recently joined the NRA of the USA. Yesterday, I had a pleasant surprise - I received a $ 10,000 Term Life Insurance policy free just because I had signed up with the NRA along with 20% discount coupons with Hertz and Avis cars and Ramada and Wyndham resorts during season as well as off season.

It is clear why the NRAI are nowhere near being an effective force - from what I have heard here about the way they treat those who wish to join them and compare it with the NRA of the USA, there is a world of a difference. How I wish it were different in India!

For Advertising mail webmaster
piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:11 am

You are right mehul.It will be even unfair to compare the two.Recently i got the NRA store catalogue.There is a full page of membership
benefit,you have just mentioned some.I was amazed by the products they offer from apparel to different accesiories.The NRAI offers only a cap that too without their logo.
The only benefit i have attained by becoming it's member is in getting my arms license which i am still trying to procure.In past it used to import arms and ammunitions but now it dosen't import any arms and imported ammunitios are only for top shooters.
Only chance of Nrai to become a effective body is if it makes a rule barring politicians from it,currently a politician is its president.The same one is secretary of my state association which is waiting for a meeting for last 6 months cause he is not free and now elections are also due for two months.
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

Yasho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: NRA USA vs NRAI

Post by Yasho » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Piyush,
Hello.
How to go about getting membership of NRAI?
Thanx.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:03 pm

Yasho, suggest a google search for NRAI website
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:38 am

Yasho";p="12180 wrote: Piyush,
Hello.
How to go about getting membership of NRAI?
Thanx.
Hi! Yasho. I don't know if the NRAI website is functional after it was hacked by some Pakistanis. If it is, then you can download the membership Form from the website. You require two existing members to endorse it and a gazetted officer of not below the rank of undersecretary in the Govt. of India or corresponding post at the state govt. level to verify it. Deposit the form with the requisite money and that's about all that you need to do.
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:45 am

piyushpdsingh";p="1324 wrote: You are right mehul.It will be even unfair to compare the two.Recently i got the NRA store catalogue.There is a full page of membership
benefit,you have just mentioned some.I was amazed by the products they offer from apparel to different accesiories.The NRAI offers only a cap that too without their logo.
The only benefit i have attained by becoming it's member is in getting my arms license which i am still trying to procure.In past it used to import arms and ammunitions but now it dosen't import any arms and imported ammunitios are only for top shooters.
Only chance of Nrai to become a effective body is if it makes a rule barring politicians from it,currently a politician is its president.The same one is secretary of my state association which is waiting for a meeting for last 6 months cause he is not free and now elections are also due for two months.
Come on Piyush. Give him a break man. Which Sport body is functional in Bihar? Politicians should be barred from every Sport body and not only NRAI.

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:57 am

piyushpdsingh";p="1324 wrote: You are right mehul.It will be even unfair to compare the two.Recently i got the NRA store catalogue.There is a full page of membership
Piyush. One more thing I forgot to mention and that is, when was the last meeting of the state association? Do you remember? I don't and I am a Life Member of BSRA for more than 15yrs. and also Life member of NRAI for more than 15 yrs. The meetings are few and far between. Talking of the state of affairs in Bihar, look at what happened in the recently concluded National Games. Not a single medal for the second most populated state of India. Need I say more.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:04 am

Arindam,

No Pakistanis hacked the NRAI website. The fact is that the chowderheads that be over there forgot to renew the domain registration and it was picked up by speculators. Once that happened, the NRAI looked like such idiots that they had to fall back on an Indira Gandhi esque "foreign hand" type propaganda to cover up their sorry approach.

I find it interesting that an organisation that never seems to want for money to send it's committee members (almost all of whom have hardly any shooting ability to show themselves) and their spouses on official junkets abroad could not, quite, spend the tiny amount of money that would have been required to reserve their domain name for four or five years.

The NRAI's top bosses exemplify the sold saying, "Khuda meherban to gaddha pehelwan."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:29 am

mehulkamdar";p="12899 wrote:No Pakistanis hacked the NRAI website.
Mehul,

I don't know if the Pakis hacked it or not but hacked it defintely was as I saw the profanity myself.

However, why a body like the NRAI cannot get its finger out and start anew is another matter.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:10 pm

They're busy shafting the shooting public of India, hence cant get their collective fingers out...cant book a domain for 5 years but can send the office peon on a foreign junket to see about
"disposal of paper targets after use"
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:33 pm

mehulkamdar";p="12899 wrote: Arindam,

No Pakistanis hacked the NRAI website. The fact is that the chowderheads that be over there forgot to renew the domain registration and it was picked up by speculators. Once that happened, the NRAI looked like such idiots that they had to fall back on an Indira Gandhi esque "foreign hand" type propaganda to cover up their sorry approach.

I find it interesting that an organisation that never seems to want for money to send it's committee members (almost all of whom have hardly any shooting ability to show themselves) and their spouses on official junkets abroad could not, quite, spend the tiny amount of money that would have been required to reserve their domain name for four or five years.

The NRAI's top bosses exemplify the sold saying, "Khuda meherban to gaddha pehelwan."
Hey! Thanx Mehul. This sure is news to me because I had bought their official story. What a pathetic lot of office bearers. They seem to be a pack of jokers.

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:35 pm

cooldude";p="12921 wrote:
mehulkamdar";p="12899 wrote: Arindam,

Hey! Thanx Mehul. This sure is news to me because I had bought their official story. What a pathetic lot of office bearers. They seem to be a pack of jokers.
Come to think of it, I think the criterion for anything in this country is inefficency and incompetence.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:59 am

Arindam,

It is a sad state of affairs and one that every Indian needs to be ashamed about. I just cnanot believe that this is happening in the great coutnry that I was born in and whose passport I proudly hold.

Mack The Knife,

I visited the NRAI websoite just once and saw only sale details for IOF 315 ammunition and Eley 22 match ammunition (they did not even specify what ELey ammunition it was, Tenex, Pistol Match etc) on it. Since there were vastly better sites, I just went over to them and did not bother to return there.

I have also been a member of the Pakistan Hunting Community since Inder introduced me to them and they are fine people. I have made some very good friends there. Incidentally, their own site was recently hacked and taken down. What I found particularly comforting was they did not indulge in the kind of scapegoating that Indian officials seem to enjoy doing. They quickly set up a new page and invited all old members there and spoke mostly about banding together and not letting any scum spoil their enjoyment.

Our neta-babus could surely learn from our neighbours across our western borders.

Cheers!

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:03 am

This is the new website of NRAI but as usual its still under construction. http://www.nrai.in

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:39 pm

Still under construction. :lol:

I wonder how long it has been that way and how long it would continue to remain under construction? I don;t suppose the NRAI, cash strapped as it is after the amounts of money it spends on sending officials to tour the world, has money left to hire a freelance web designer to build a functioning website. What a bloody clown show! One would think that a national body like the NRAI existed in a country with no software and design talent whatsoever if theyw ere to look at these website shenanigans! :evil: