Breaking news - Airguns now need license!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Breaking news - Airguns now need license!

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Indeed and start coming up with points and arguments which will contribute a lock tight case.

M.
ebenezer wrote:I feel we should talk to Mr Girish Sharma about this and if possible, have a sitting with him to know how they are going to proceed with the case.

Ebenezer
-- Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:53 --

Sir jee...

Can you please elaborate ?

Thanks

M.

dr.jayakumar wrote:ebenezer,
i had gone through this thoroughly.it is NOT PRACTICAL.so donot worry.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:24 pm

An appeal in the SC would be on the grounds of 'Bad Judgement' for which all possible arguements rebutting the said judge's observations would be required - point by point. Now the least we can do is to apply our minds and bring forth points which would highlight the said bad judgement, which inturn could be sent to the lawyers who would be filing the appeal. The issue about the figures of mass killing of birds and animals, which led the judge to believe that airguns are causing such cruelty - is a case in point.

I ain't a lawyer, but my 2 pc worth...

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 pm

I'll take a risk by stating the obvious.....which has still not been touched upon.....

Putting in an appeal in the SC is going to cost money (lots ?) right ? What is the financial plan for fighting in SC ?

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Mr Girish Sharma has requested to make financial contributions to him. The contribution is to be made in favour of association whose details be obtained from him by sending email or pm to him.

He was to be in Delhi today for discussion with solicitors.

Kezar Husen Bandukwala

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Kezar,

It will be cold day in hell when any of the 'air-gunners' :roll: fork out the moolah. Look at all the posts whining about how the NRAI is not doing enough.Zero,zilch offering help.I have no interest in airguns and so give a rats a*s about what happens as far as they are concerned.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:10 pm

WTP

Can you please elaborate ? Are you speaking about yourself or speaking on behalf of all the "air gunners"

M.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
It will be cold day in hell when any of the 'air-gunners' :roll: fork out the moolah. Look at all the posts whining about how the NRAI is not doing enough.Zero,zilch offering help.
Pray, do educate us on your contributions towards improving the RKBA situation in India, particularly since you yourself do happen to be IFG's resident whinge queen :mrgreen:
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:12 pm

Now if all airguns are licensed will the ammo quota be 50 pellets a year? ROTFL

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:04 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:Kezar,

It will be cold day in hell when any of the 'air-gunners' :roll: fork out the moolah. Look at all the posts whining about how the NRAI is not doing enough.Zero,zilch offering help.I have no interest in airguns and so give a rats a*s about what happens as far as they are concerned.
you seem right WTP.....straight out of the blue you hear something like this - ''license for airguns''....it has left everyone shocked, bewildered, confused,amused....everything!....time we recovered from this friends, lets begin by rendering support/offering help to Mr.Sharma

regards

p k jeetesh

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:09 am

Can Mr. Sharma provide the details on open forum on whose name cheque is to be made? Kezar this licensing of air gun should bring all like minded ppl together. Lets there be a plateform to start with. Slowly and steadily the antigun loby has been tightening the noose. Look the price weapons are sold, comman defenceless citizen killed and now in the guise of protecting birds, they are banning airguns.

Cheers
Biren

rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:50 pm

silver9 wrote:I believe, Maneka's son shud seek licenses for his hate speeches!
:mrgreen:

ha ha ha lolz

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE ,
IN VILLEGE MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOCAL MADE AIRGUN......
THERE ARE UNCOUNTABLE NUMBER OF AIRGUNS IN INDIA,..
:deadhorse:
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:03 pm

rraju2805 wrote:
silver9 wrote:I believe, Maneka's son shud seek licenses for his hate speeches!
:mrgreen:

ha ha ha lolz

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE ,
IN VILLEGE MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOCAL MADE AIRGUN......
THERE ARE UNCOUNTABLE NUMBER OF AIRGUNS IN INDIA,..
:deadhorse:
That still does not change the law.If the law is implemented, possessing an airgun without a license will be a criminal offence,whether it is enforceable or not.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:36 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:Now if all airguns are licensed will the ammo quota be 50 pellets a year? ROTFL
Very adroit side step Winnie, nicely done :-)
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

girrish sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by girrish sharma » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:26 am

Pl post ur vote -
SUD Air rifle be allowed to fall under Arms Act licence

-- Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:56 am --

"All air rifle/gun lovers are welcome to contribute by depositing for case at SOUTH INDIAN BANK LTD, Brabourne Road Branch, Kolkata-700001 A/C No.02620530000068Air pi12.IFSC CODE-SIBL0000262. in favour of "Toy Air gun, Air rifle,Air pistol & Pellets Manufactures (W) Association"

sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sonuvecv » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Thi[/size][/size]s is a very unfortunate and sad decison and will hamper the shooting as sport in India,But I want to tell a fact how airguns are misused .I belongs to M.P. and my grand father is retired Additional S.P when he was posted in Shivpuri(M.P.) he caught many poachers who were using Airgun for hunting in Madhav National parks.Since than I have seen the same practice in Panna(M.P.) National park also It is used by the poachers and villagers for hunting animals .
A good airgun costs only 4 to 5 thousand as it have rifle grooves in the barrel which can can be made by very sophisticated machines and not available to those illict desi gun manufacturers .
They simply increase the BORE size by bit and fixed a firing pin so it becomes a .22 single shot RIfle which is having a fare effictive range.Since .22 cartige doesnot produce much sound ,it becomes poachers used it to kill animals like deer and birds which come from different countries in winter season without alerting the National Parks Authorities and forest rangers,
But law which reruires liscence for airgun is as follish as banning kitchen knife as it could be used for murder