Breaking news - Airguns now need license!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
prasen123
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Breaking news - Airguns now need license!

Post by prasen123 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Please help me by giving clear answer. Shooting club members can buy air gun / pistol or not? If not what we will do with our gun and pistols which we already have? I already ordered IHP for new .177 compressed air pistol. Then how I get that?

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

hornet
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:19 pm

the matter is still under consideration of the supreme court .where is the verdict

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:40 pm

prasen123 wrote:Please help me by giving clear answer. Shooting club members can buy air gun / pistol or not? If not what we will do with our gun and pistols which we already have? I already ordered IHP for new .177 compressed air pistol. Then how I get that?
as snIper said yes

and what you can do with what you have? give it to me,
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Any update on the case, as SC has only stayed the HC order.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:26 pm

sa_ali wrote:Any update on the case, as SC has only stayed the HC order.
not unless we know of the next hearing date. court cases can take up to life time to settle :D
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:14 pm

nagarifle wrote:
sa_ali wrote:Any update on the case, as SC has only stayed the HC order.
not unless we know of the next hearing date. court cases can take up to life time to settle :D
> Does this mean that "We can possess Air Arms" without licence till the final judgment is pronounced? :)
Briha

amitkj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amitkj » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:28 pm

SUFFIX wrote: If we continue to proceed on this argument, we would end up needing license for a catapult or of our arm! think about it... each individual on being born would require to have a lincence for their use of arms.
A nail-gun used in various industrail work/application uses compressed air, then does that also meant to be a firearm or what.........???????

CanIndianHt
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by CanIndianHt » Wed May 02, 2012 1:09 pm

to_saptarshi wrote:
essdee1972 wrote:
Here is a comment posted on indianshooting.com on an article on this issue....

"Awesome, I totally favor it. At least now we won't be seeing pervert teens shooting girls on street and getting away with it."

Thanks for the enlightenment, Fantumfan, I did not know such low IQ creatures could exist and still call themselves part of the human race!

Don't want to comment on the wisdom, or lack of it, of the esteemed judges. But in case of any action to be taken by us, please count me in.

EssDee
And not only that , The post was not made by some one from anti gun community , but from some one who is a well established Air Rifle shooter originally from indore now based in canada . :evil:
@EssDee I believe the comment in question is mine. I think I can call myself a human and no i don't think I have a low IQ. My reason for such a comment was that licensing airguns is done in many countries and it keeps students from school and college away form doing pranks and hurting or even killing ppl. Many incident took place in India where some group of teens badly hurt random girls on street. (Such a incident took place in Indore and 2 girls were seriously injured, it was a planed attack done by a gorup of school boys not a prank. It happened many times in Indore alone.) If you think my reasons are non legit and stupid and I have a low IQ and a action of disgrace to humanity then I think you have to think twice before insulting someones comment without knowing the actual reason behind it. thankyou and i hope you understand I am not being personal with you its just a reply to clear matters up. And i understand its very late.

@Saptarshi I think you should not be giving such information here in a very negative way. I have already cleared my reasons behind such a comment I did on indianshooting.com. And I totally believe that my above comment is legit and that I have every right to participate. I hope you will understand my reasons behind the comment in question. thank you. I still do not understand why would you be angry withcout even knowing the true reasons.
SAY NO TO ACTA

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Wed May 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Dear Himanshu

I appreciate your concern on the said issue, but you will find a lot of saddist people in every country , Even recently we had incidents where boys throwing stones at the running train windows causing fatal injury to Passenger and some of them got permanently blind. If those boys were not getting airguns they would have used catapult or something else to do the same, and if our adminstration failed to caught them and punish them , I would say its a faliure from their side, then why punish a whole bunch of shooting community who wish to pursue this sports without causing any harm to soceity or any other people ?

Persuing shooting sport in India is already very challanging due to various restriction , ridiculous laws, and lcak of knowledge among common people. May be in canada you wont face this type of challanges as much we face here. They have made laws to import free airgus for shooters, but in reality it not as easy as it sound on paper. So why make it more challanging just because of some bunch of insensitve idiots dont care for others and our adminstration are not competent enough to catch and punish them.

Apparently your statement sounds like "Because of Criminals using gun to murder and robbing people, instead of catching and punishing them banning all bonafied Legal gun owners is the solution " Sorry If I understood your statement incorrectly but being a shooter and a gun lover by heart, I never recommend punishing entire shooting community in the name of imposing license for Air guns than catching the law breakers and taking very strong legal action on them .

Nothing personal but this is just my way of thinking on the reported incident :D

Take Care
Saptarshi
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

CanIndianHt
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by CanIndianHt » Thu May 03, 2012 1:27 pm

I understand your concerns however my comments have nothing to do with where I reside. Secondly criminals will never stop no matter what, however common people who understand the risk , will at least think twice before doing anything wrong. My concern is mostly for young adults since they are more attracted to air guns. However they should also learn the consequences of wrongdoing. And i believe the law will at least keep them away. Other then this suggestion i have no comments for air gun laws, how they are made ,advantages/disadvantages whatsoever.

PS:pls kindly do not use my name here or the country . ty
SAY NO TO ACTA

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu May 03, 2012 2:42 pm

One must understand that arms licensing or regulation in reality is a not a tool about curbing crime in any form. It is purely a political tool/smokescreen cleverly used under the excuse of controlling crime. If one reads the true history of nations related to arms licensing or regulation, it becomes even more clear. Same is with India, arms licensing was started just after the revolt of 1857. Therefore any kind of encouragement to licensing under whatever reasons should be discouraged as a matter of principle. Otherwise it is nothing but falling into the trap of antis.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Although not addressed to me, I do find your argument here, highly objectionable.

No sensible parent/guardian in India will/can/should depend on the law enforcement machinery to keep their wards in check. If need be, it is their responsiblity.

Also, Today's young adults are inherently very intelligent and a sensible lot. I have a lot of respect for them, their capabilities and qualities. They rarely engage in doing something stupid on their account.

You seem to support that the idea that the weak should be intimidated and kept in check, but also realise that the criminals do not fear the system and continue to go about their business as usual. I am sure everyone here and elsewhere will support the exact opposite, namely the law abiding citizens live without fear and the criminals in morbid fear of the law.

M.
CanIndianHt wrote:I understand your concerns however my comments have nothing to do with where I reside. Secondly criminals will never stop no matter what, however common people who understand the risk , will at least think twice before doing anything wrong. My concern is mostly for young adults since they are more attracted to air guns. However they should also learn the consequences of wrongdoing. And i believe the law will at least keep them away. Other then this suggestion i have no comments for air gun laws, how they are made ,advantages/disadvantages whatsoever.

PS:pls kindly do not use my name here or the country . ty
Last edited by fantumfan2003 on Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:51 pm

:agree:

M.
goodboy_mentor wrote:One must understand that arms licensing or regulation in reality is a not a tool about curbing crime in any form. It is purely a political tool/smokescreen cleverly used under the excuse of controlling crime.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm

When I saw the revival of this topic on the board index, I was shocked and said to myself 'Oh no!'. But after reading, I got relieved.
The real revival of this topic will be heartbreaking!!!

regards
tirpassion