Wake up! Appeal to all member to send in NAGRI forms

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Saif Ahmad
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Wake up! Appeal to all member to send in NAGRI forms

Post by Saif Ahmad » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:20 am

Dear Sir,

I sent NAGRI membership form few days back, can you update me regading this.

Saif Ahmad
S/o. Wakil Ahmad
Gaya, Bihar.

quote="captrakshitsharma"]Friends and IFGians we are all pro gun and see eye to eye on the already existing draconian arms act and the attempt to make it even more restrictive.

The issue at hand is close to all our hearts and affects all of us.

We all talk and criticize the laws and the changes proposed by the current home minister. Let me be politically incorrect and ask all of you truly that how many members have filled in and sent their forms?

This truly is not an attempt to look holier than thou or to point fingers or cause embarrasment to anyone. It is merely an attempt to give every one here a wake up call and get us all to kick the lazy habit of not filling and if filled and signed then not posting the forms.I take the liberty of making my friends and fellow members realize the gravity of the situation.

Act now or forget your guns and RKBA.

I can also say this because i know how many forms has NAGRI received and believe me the number is a very sorry figure when we compare it to the number of IFG forum members.

I am telling you folks we need your NAGRI forms badly.. and as many members as you can possibly get.

What we need firstly is for you to sign up and then make every member of your nuclear family sign up regardless of age.

We have a provision for minors also to sign up with their parents consent.

Once have made your nuclear family sign up you need to branch out and have extended family and friends to be made aware of the issue and if their sensibilities and ideology falls in line and they feel the same as us you must have them sign up.

If our membership numbers were not a few sorry thousands but lakhs then our case and situations would have been different.

This is one area where it will be nice to ape the west and the US in particular.

The gun lobby in the US is a strong one and no political party wants to be in the NRA's bad books because they loose votes.

Make NAGRI strong in numbers and an organisation like the NRA should be our aim and is our only hope .

The politicians understand only one language and work with and for only one leverage VOTES.

Some of our fellow member are working hard and all the support they need is your forms to go tell the politicos that we have numbers.

They are going in front of the Parliamentary standing committee for Home Affairs on this Tuesday. Don't let their efforts go in vain. Please dont make them cut a sorry figure if asked about the number of members and the number of people who are affected by this issue.

Let us send a message to the politicians that they will loose VOTES if they attempt to deprive and deny us of our rights. This is unfortunately the only language they understand and the only way any issue gets their attention.

Please support them. I also request those of you who have sent in the forms to not hold a grudge for not getting an acknowledgement. The resources were limited and hence the task of sending the acknowldgements has been slow on NAGRI's part . We are working on it and promise you will soon see the results.

There are a few members/prospective members who keep asking what benefits they will get?

To answer your questions i will say first do your bit and all we ask for is a form no money no subscription fee just a form. When the organization gets strong the benefits may be many and unfathomable. Rifle clubs , import of sporting rifles and ammo etc to name a few but first things first lets fight the law and the horrible changes that are underway of getting implememented and being proposed. Let us first fight and keep our basic rights that we hold and are on verge of loosing . Please do your bit... Make NAGRI strong....

Regards & Apologies if i have said anything that may have come accross as rude.

Rakshit.[/quote]

For Advertising mail webmaster
rajeev3275
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rajeev3275 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:49 am

It is great job you are doing. I and a friend have already filled up our forms and forwarded it. I am still not sure if the form reached you or not. A list of recieved forms may be a good idea that could be displayed. You don't really require to give full name and address. Just name and location for eg. Rajeev Sharma Noida would do. This way we know we are members and be proud of it and show it to others as well. Then put it on facebook. You can't ignore facebook in these times. Please create a facebook account and PM everyone the link as you did with the forms and then wait for the magic to happen.

Brilliant, ain't it??

Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bruno22 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:26 pm

:agree: How do I even know if I am a member. A list is definitely required. I have send my form along with my dads. We are both license holders. There has been no letter of reply yet that the forms have been accepted. I don't think this is a signature campaign. It's an organization of which we are members. Do take a fee for membership and lets have a newsletter, stickers and other awareness aids that we can display and promote the cause. I am also willing to offer my time (location permitting) and my skills to help out in any way.
Regards
Bruno22
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon May 09, 2011 2:34 pm

BTT.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Waquar Ahmad Afaque
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Waquar Ahmad Afaque » Mon May 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Hai I am new one here, and thanks a lot for intimation to join,
But I have few question:
Is the organization helps in getting the license as we all are aware that how much difficult is taking the
license of arm,for any citizen of India without any good favour from minister & DM's support no one can
get arms license or we have to give bribe for the same.

Thanks
Waquar Ahmad Afaque

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon May 09, 2011 4:04 pm

NAGRI is well aware of the problems you have mentioned.

Why NAGRi was formed? http://gunowners.in/about-nagri.html

Aims and Objectives of NAGRI? http://gunowners.in/about-nagri/aims-a-objectives.html

Since there has been no unified voice for people desirous of keeping arms, the problems mentioned by you have cropped up. This has also been aggravated due to the fact that most of people are not aware that getting an arms license is their right unless they belong to category of people involved in heinous crimes etc. Also RKBA is a fundamental right under Articles 19 and 21 of Constitution(http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#p117785). Unfortunately it has not been uttered by Supreme Court till now, probably because nobody took this matter before Supreme Court.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Dear Mods / Admins

I had sent across my duly filled and signed NAGRI membership form in Apr,2011 but i have not been updated about thye status of my membership, whether its in process, or rejected , and it is dishartening because this is my second attempt (first was in Dec, 2010), then after reading comments that some forms might not have arrived at the right address or may be lost in the transit etc, i made my second attempt but now also i have no clue whatso ever, requesting the concerned members / admins / mods of the forum to resond.

Regards

Ankur Tewatia
(a.k.a Frosty)

coolaman
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by coolaman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:38 pm

I had sent the form and DD long back but no response and conformation.......

Amandeep Singh
HEROS DON`T DIE...THEY RELOAD

Saif Ahmad
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Saif Ahmad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 pm

I had Sent my filled form and formality two months back, it is on 25th March 2011. I confirmed my form has been recieved but still i did n,t recieved my membership card.

Saif Ahmad :deadhorse:

Tauseef
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tauseef » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Can any one give me the correct cell no. of NAGRI, as the existing one was belongs to some other guy.
Thanks

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Please send an email to the General Secretary your query will be answered.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

sonny
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sonny » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 pm

What are the annual membership fees now? This will enable me to send the form along with cheque/DD
Website informs that membership was free till april 2011

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Thank you Sir for all your support and generosity .We value your support and NAGRI needs support from you in terms of Numbers (number of individual members) and Funds (forms of memberships, donations etc) . As of now NAGRI is not accepting any fee for memberships.WE ARE HOWEVER ACCEPTING MEMBERSHIPS WITHOUT ANY FEES. SO PLEASE SIGN UP AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN WHILE IT IS FREE.

I am aware that things have been a little slow and NAGRI has disappointed a few people. I apologize for that and assure you that Soon Rather Very Soon some minor technicalities and legalities that were holding us back will be sorted and ironed out. We are in the process of ironing out some issues and also starting to work on the methods of accepting membership fee, subscriptions, donations etc.

I request all of you to not give up and loose hope in the organization. I am sure the issue of RKBA and our liberties and freedom of choice are dear and close to all your hearts, and all of you will keep supporting NAGRI as you have in the past to make it a strong powerful organization that will fight for GUN RIGHTS, FREEDOM and LIBERTY.

Regards
Rakshit.

sonny
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sonny » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Thank you,Capt... i will proceed immediately

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks Sonny please send your forms and make every family member sign.. even minors can sign with parent's consent.